The Arab Spring and "the War on Terror"

legov

Why is that? Are they any less credible then other media outlets?

Yes.

Very much so.

RT is used as a tool of Putinist propaganda, sometimes rivalling Fox News's appalling track record.

As an aside, bypassing the White House and getting 3 billion dollars worth of funding that the US doesn't have to give is absolutely insane.

Isis 'fed murderer kidnap victim to his own mother after she travelled to their headquarters and demanded to see him'

The father of four told the newspaper: 'She was determined to find her son and went to ISIS headquarters and asked to see him.

'The ISIS men told her to sit down because she had travelled a long way and said she should have some food before they took her to meet her son.

'They brought her cups of tea and fed her a meal of cooked meat, rice and soup. She thought they were kind.

'But they had killed him and chopped him up and after she finished the meal and asked to see her son they laughed and said "You've just eaten him"

That is perhaps the worst thing i have ever heard.

whats new, isis were funded by the US and probably still are.

What are you basing that on?

"I am leaving for Washington on a fateful, even historic mission. I am the emissary of all Israelis, even those who disagree with me." Benny Netanyahoo, March 1 2015

Should be an interesting day in DC tomorrow, with Benny having sidestepped protocol to address the House without having asked or informed the president. Several Democrats boycotting the speech, but I wonder why weren't they boycotting the bombing of Gaza? Every last one of them can **** off.
Should be interesting but alot of congress are jews so they will back him 100%.

Also read on RT that Israel defence minister is requesting 300m+ off the U.S to create a rocket system.

The U.S is basically funding terrorism if they do that.

Bit of an unfair assumption - it's like saying Muslims will automatically back human rights abuses in Saudi Arabia.

And it's not even like there are that many Jews in Congress - only around 8%.

PR_15_01_05_religion_Congress_01_new.png

^

So even less then. 5.2% is hardly anything.

Funnily enough most of the Jews in Congress are Democrats yet it's Republicans that tend to be the most staunchly pro-Israel.

Why is that? Are they any less credible then other media outlets?

Pretty much what islingtonclaret said - RT is just a mouthpiece for the Kremlin.

That's not to say that other outlets are trustworthy (they're not), but I'd say that most are better than RT.

Edited by Mantis

Isis 'fed murderer kidnap victim to his own mother after she travelled to their headquarters and demanded to see him'

The father of four told the newspaper: 'She was determined to find her son and went to ISIS headquarters and asked to see him.

'The ISIS men told her to sit down because she had travelled a long way and said she should have some food before they took her to meet her son.

'They brought her cups of tea and fed her a meal of cooked meat, rice and soup. She thought they were kind.

'But they had killed him and chopped him up and after she finished the meal and asked to see her son they laughed and said "You've just eaten him"

sauce?

• Like 2

… yet it's Republicans that tend to be the most staunchly pro-Israel.

If by that you mean theres a small number of Democrats who aren't uber-pro-Israeli, then I suppose yes. But most Democrats are just the same as the Republicans, they all take the Israeli bribe

That can't be true. It just can't. One of the last bastions of human taboo behaviour is cannabilism, and surely even these nutters wouldn't cross it.

Plus it's being reported in the Mail and Mirror. It's just too mental to be true...

That can't be true. It just can't. One of the last bastions of human taboo behaviour is cannabilism, and surely even these nutters wouldn't cross it.

Plus it's being reported in the Mail and Mirror. It's just too mental to be true...

I can imagine that is exactly what ISIS said she had for dinner if they were in a particularly dickish mood - whether or not it was actually true is another matter entirely and almost impossible to verify.

I'm calling ISIS propaganda bollocks on the whole thing. Just a way to terrorise the locals even more than they already are.

I can imagine that is exactly what ISIS said she had for dinner if they were in a particularly dickish mood - whether or not it was actually true is another matter entirely and almost impossible to verify.

I'm calling ISIS propaganda bollocks on the whole thing. Just a way to terrorise the locals even more than they already are.

The source is a Yorkshireman who has returned from fighting alongside the kurds. I think it's either made up to shock or its a story that's been circulating amongst those fighting ISIS

The source is a Yorkshireman who has returned from fighting alongside the kurds. I think it's either made up to shock or its a story that's been circulating amongst those fighting ISIS

Agreed - its got two potential purposes

1) Its ISIS propaganda. There is no way the numbers they have can hold the territory they've got and maintain law and order alone. So they behead a few people, crucify the odd dissenter, circulate stories about cruel and unusual punishments to keep the locals nice and compliant.

2) Its anti-ISIS propaganda for almost the opposite purpose to whats been recorded above. A way to portray them as pure and total evil bastards that need to be fought and errradicated.

Can't see it being true myself - I'm pretty sure thats not in the Koran and I doubt it was a halal kill in any event.

This is a group that just set somebody on fire in one of their videos.  Why wouldn't they do it?

This is a group that just set somebody on fire in one of their videos. Why wouldn't they do it?

As mentioned, ultimate taboo. Humans do some horrendous things to each other, but one thing despite cultural differences and attitudes is that cannibalism is extremely rare.

They can also explain away in their twisted logic the burning and beheading, but they can't get out of this one, I'm led to believe.

Not sure they are following much of the Quran tbf. 

On the Jewish representation.  Only 5% does not surprise me.  What should be more telling is the power Israel has over the US when only 5% of Congress is Jewish. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind betting they can justify anything they wish with their interpretation of what is meant by words, phrases and stories in the Quran. It wouldn't take a genius, clearly it wouldn't. Most of these people have varying degrees of mental problems.

If you have a book which categorically states it's ok to stone people to death, stop women driving and condone the taking of slaves then it is either stone cold wrong, or wide open to multiple modern misinterpretations.

• Like 1

Where does it say women can't drive? Also there is much more to the Islamic view on slaves then you can take a slave.  The freeing of slaves for example is seen as one of the best deeds you can do in the expiation of sins. Don't confuse Saudi 'Wahabi' Islam with what is actually stated in the Quran and Hadith.  AWOL is correct when he talks about the problems occurring in the world due to this warped Wahabi like view of Islam.  Stoning is not mentioned once in the Quran FYI.  It has come from Hadith which some agree and some disagree. 

Edited by omariqy

… yet it's Republicans that tend to be the most staunchly pro-Israel.

If by that you mean theres a small number of Democrats who aren't uber-pro-Israeli, then I suppose yes. But most Democrats are just the same as the Republicans, they all take the Israeli bribe

It's about control of the media.

• Like 1

As mentioned, ultimate taboo. Humans do some horrendous things to each other, but one thing despite cultural differences and attitudes is that cannibalism is extremely rare.

They can also explain away in their twisted logic the burning and beheading, but they can't get out of this one, I'm led to believe.

They're just amongst the sickest sumbags on the planet, and they seem to be trying to outdo each previous atrocity as the weeks go by.  The taboo nature of it is why I believe they're capable of it, and much worse.  Nothing to do with what's written in the Quran and everything to do with them being sick in the head.

• Like 1

They're committed, I'll give them that.

I'm not sure what can be done with them. If they are defeated and a significant number are arrested, what then? Will there be Nuremberg style trials? I can't think of many other precedents. Will British/EU nationals be tried back home? I can't imagine many will be happy to let them loose in the prison system, where enough radicalisation goes on as it is.

Glad I ain't the one making the decisions.

Â