Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

thankfully its 'Australia Day' tomorrow. Public holiday!

Good timing.. Australia playing semi finals of Asian Cup and Villa against Wigan.. would have been hard at work with 2 hours sleep !

"What happened was the club, Lyon, had promised him they would let him go. He'd 18 months on his contract.

"When they put him back into the team they had a run of games without being beaten and they moved up fourteen places and they also qualified for the Champions League.

"So their manager understandably was a bit reluctant to let him go. I thought it would be difficult so I had to travel to France to get everything sorted.

Love this

"What happened was the club, Lyon, had promised him they would let him go. He'd 18 months on his contract.

"When they put him back into the team they had a run of games without being beaten and they moved up fourteen places and they also qualified for the Champions League.

"So their manager understandably was a bit reluctant to let him go. I thought it would be difficult so I had to travel to France to get everything sorted.

Love this

Hmmm yes. I wouldn't mind if we moved up 14 places after he comes in.

Anyone notice that the Mirror football article says he is a moaning and whinging player... yet the article on AVFC which shares a great deal of the quotes has Houllier saying that he always has a smile on his face and is NOT a moaning or whinging player?

I think the Mirror may have misquoted, not that it's a big deal anyway, as long as he does the business on the pitch. You have to score tonight Jean II, our other debutants have so if you don't I will deem you a failure :winkold:

Love this

The french guy on the Football Weekly podcast alluded to this on yesterday's pod.

From what he said it sounded like Lyon would have been well within their rights to go back on the deal and keep makoun. I don't think it was anything more than a gentleman's agreement.

So credit to both Lyon and Houllier for keeping the deal alive.

Love this

The french guy on the Football Weekly podcast alluded to this on yesterday's pod.

From what he said it sounded like Lyon would have been well within their rights to go back on the deal and keep makoun. I don't think it was anything more than a gentleman's agreement.

So credit to both Lyon and Houllier for keeping the deal alive.

Not taking anything away from GH, but that was good of Lyon when you take in account the amount of money they spent on Makoun. this deal must have been set up around November i suppose.

Think the Bent signing might help him out. Takes the attention elsewhere and the pressure of improving our results along with it.

Really dont expect him to perform at his highest level this season.

Â