Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

well lets see if you are right. I hope he is better than Nigel.

oh and regards Gabby, I thought scoring goals is what strikers are all about, but hey a more selective appraisal for that one ah.

perhaps he's a certain type of striker that is not meant to score very often.

Haha.

I think he'll struggle in his first few games and possibly a good while after this season. It'll take him time to adjust to the PL with its lack of space in the middle of the park and the rather physical nature of our game. If he doesn't struggle we've bought a real diamond

Hm, players of his ilk tend to settle fine in the premier league, it's the midfielders that need time and space that struggle.

We'll see, but the language barrier will probably be a bigger problem than adjusting to the style of the league.

I think he'll struggle in his first few games and possibly a good while after this season. It'll take him time to adjust to the PL with its lack of space in the middle of the park and the rather physical nature of our game. If he doesn't struggle we've bought a real diamond

Agreed. I do think he'll fit in nicely once he gets a feel for the league. Said a couple of times that he's the type of midfielder that comes to the Prem and gets sent off very early on in their career as they make a reckless challenge due to bad timing/positioning/'over exuberance', I won't be surprised to see him do the same before the end of the season.

Once he does settle and get a grasp of our leagues style, he'll be very useful and suit it to the ground.

Said a couple of times that he's the type of midfielder that comes to the Prem and gets sent off very early on in their career as they make a reckless challenge due to bad timing/positioning/'over exuberance

Hopefully a career-ender on Craig Gardner in the FA Cup 5th round. 94th minute.

he will take time.. but then again he has played against Real Madrid..

Wigan will be nothing to him. Biggest problem for him will be communication and learning his team mates.

my life... i had the same thought when i saw the pitch.. ok thoughts.. pitch and legs.

I don't think the language thing is gonna be a huge problem. Clearly for the first 6 months most of our team haven't done too badly with French instructions ;)

Â