Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Easiest away ground to make a debut in the PL I reckon, no fans, shit team and great away support, pitch played ok

Have to agree with this and also mention that wigan are absolutely dire. 20 goals in 24 games is it?

I thought he was decent last night, not brilliant, but no where near as terrible as some people seem to make out. For a guy who has had one training session with the team around him I thought he did well. There were glimpes of what he'll offer us in the future, and once he's settled he'll be a real asset to the team. I really think he'll grow with every game he plays.

I seem to remember Yaya Toure looking pretty off the pace in his first few games at Man City. Lets give JM2 the time to settle and he'll be great for us.

Its totally unfair to judge him on one game but I thought he showed some nice touches when on the ball but that is only to be expected. Defensively he was woeful, didn't close down let his runners run off him and thats why Collins gave him such a bollocking.

He was way way off the pace of the game. He certainly needs games and judging by what I saw last night he isn't going to be the type of player that will make an immediate impact, he will need time. I would much rather he is given time to settle spend a number of game in the reserves and then be steadily introduced.

Overall I was left a little disappointed

didn't close down let his runners run off him and thats why Collins gave him such a bollocking.

that was about 10 secs before he was subbed and the only time if i recall

showed a lot of promise if you ask me , not sure what people expected from a player being asked to play a DM role , a hat trick ?

Why is Wigan not the easiest place to make your debut? They are shit, have next to no fans and we always seem to get a result there. Can't think of many easier away grounds to make debut tbh.

As debuts go it was largely unimpressive, few nice touches but he gave the ball away a lot. I said he'd take time to adjust to the PL and he clearly will need that time, not quite up to the pace of it yet.

Gave the ball away a lot? He barely gave it away at all. His passing was good, better than Petrov and NRC.

Most players coming from abroad need time to adjust to the PL, nothing new there. If he doesn't mind putting the effort in and adjusting to the pace, he'll be head and shoulders above the rest of our CM's.

Its totally unfair to judge him on one game but I thought he showed some nice touches when on the ball but that is only to be expected. Defensively he was woeful, didn't close down let his runners run off him and thats why Collins gave him such a bollocking.

He was way way off the pace of the game. He certainly needs games and judging by what I saw last night he isn't going to be the type of player that will make an immediate impact, he will need time. I would much rather he is given time to settle spend a number of game in the reserves and then be steadily introduced.

Overall I was left a little disappointed

He was fine defensively 1st half, 2nd half he looked tired and let his runners go.

didn't close down let his runners run off him and thats why Collins gave him such a bollocking.

that was about 10 secs before he was subbed and the only time if i recall

showed a lot of promise if you ask me , not sure what people expected from a player being asked to play a DM role , a hat trick ?

He constantly left his runs and was always 10 yards from closing down in midfield.

Thats the least I expect from a 'defensive midfielder' but as I said he is clearly going to need time

Yep so easy is it to got to their ground that in the 10 matches played at the DW before last night they had lost once - dead easy. The pitch was far from ok.

Their home record this season: W2 D6 L5 (4 before last night), hardly daunting. It must have felt like a home game last night in terms of support. As I said in the reactions thread I thought he did ok, nothing more, but showed promise, but at this point that's pretty much all I was expecting.

Yep so easy is it to got to their ground that in the 10 matches played at the DW before last night they had lost once - dead easy. The pitch was far from ok.

We've won our last four games there now, the pitch caused no one any significant problems the ball ran perfectly true on it, especially in midfield, Wigan will get relegated this year and your Stat about only losing once looks rather silly when its said differently, they've only won twice at home in the league all season beating Albion and Wolves. Easy place to make a debut. Can't think of a less taxing game in the PL to make a debut in.

He was fine defensively 1st half, 2nd half he looked tired and let his runners go.

He wasn't fine defensively in the first half at all, and he's tired after 45 mins? He's supposedly been playing regularly for Lyon being not up to speed with the PL I can understand tbh and I expected it, that will come by next season, its the tired after 45 mins that is far far more worrying

I thought the lad showed some great promise last night. Looked VERY composed on the ball, liked his one touch passes too.

We'll no doubt only get to see the real Makoun next season when he's fully up to speed with the English game, but for now count me in as impressed.

Â