Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Like the way he passes the ball around. Nice and easy.

Noticed a few times he failed to track his man out wide though, Collins gave him a mouth full for it just before he came off. Think he'll be fine when he gets up to speed in this league though. Fortunately we've got a few players in midfield now to have the luxury of being able to ease him in.

99% sure Ged took him off as a direct result of the incident in which Collins bollocked him.

Looked okay though, a little diminutive, not really the powerhouse African midfielder physique I was expecting/hoping for

Totally agree

Decent for his first game, give it away a few to many times but looked comfortable with the football. He'll be a success I reckon.

Gave it away too much?? You sure you weren't watching NRC?? ;)

He was very good first half an hour, made everything look simple. Didn't need to take too many touches on the ball, he got it done quickly, something we've missed in CM. Nice one-two with Young in the first half on the edge of the box.

Looks like being a class player when he adjusts.

Yep, from that performance, arguably could say he was off the pace because first game but he looks like more of a Petrov than a Reo-Coker. In that he doesn't really rush anything but does his job with minimum of fuss. Although for me, he plays plenty more clever passes, forward and into dangerous areas quickly than Petrov does.

I thought the Partnership worked well.

Was a little surprising if anything the way it worked.

Yeah, if anything he looks a more creative, forward-looking Petrov.

I think he can play whatever role he's asked to in CM. Deep, box to box or advanced. Just hope he doesn't mind the pace of the British game.

Yep, from that performance, arguably could say he was off the pace because first game but he looks like more of a Petrov than a Reo-Coker. In that he doesn't really rush anything but does his job with minimum of fuss. Although for me, he plays plenty more clever passes, forward and into dangerous areas quickly than Petrov does.

I thought the Partnership worked well.

Was a little surprising if anything the way it worked.

I m agreeing with POB alot tonight !

looked less combative , and less of an engine player then I thought we were getting. Has a very continental touch about his passing, and should fit in well with GH'S possession football philosophy. Looked a bit bewildered at the pace of the game. Might be next season before we can truly judge him.

I thought he played well, first half was our best player, technically he is good, I think he can sit as a DM but he is technically sound. He will get better, just think the fact he hasn't played for a few weeks caught up with him but I was impressed. Makoooooonn as we chanted at the DW.

Looked a bit of a spectator at times, but was always making himself available for a pass.

Did'nt dwell on the ball. laying it off and keeping the move flowing, which I thought showed a good deal of confidence. Few more games and we should see a very different and possibly more dangerous player.

Decent for his first game, give it away a few to many times but looked comfortable with the football. He'll be a success I reckon.

He was very good first half an hour, made everything look simple. Didn't need to take too many touches on the ball, he got it done quickly, something we've missed in CM. Nice one-two with Young in the first half on the edge of the box.

Well I thought they were a couple passes, slightly casual. Worded wrong, I meant to just say give it away a couple times rather than too many... :?

Reo-Coker made 46 out of 48 passes tonight so no. Didn't mean him. :winkold:

I thought he and NRC complemented each other well. Passed it nice and simply with some good forward balls at times.

Faded a bit when he got booked as obviously he didn't want to get sent off on his debut but yep promising first game.

Good first game and good passing on a dodgy pitch. Bearing in mind that JM was playing in a completely new set up with the addition of Baker on the left I thought that both of them did well.

There were a couple of times where Baker was left exposed defensively and that may improve with training and more games for both of them.

I am looking forward to seeing JM at Villa Park where his passing can be even more valuable because there aren't a million and one divots and bumps to deflect the direction and pace of the ball.

When fully fit and with a few games under his belt I think we will see a lot more. I am well pleased with his game tonight.

Welcome to Aston Villa !

I didn't see the match but when you consider he only trained with the team yesterday after coming over from France on Satyrday then it sounds as if he is going to be very promising. He'll probably get more game time on Saturday against Blackburn. I'd like to see him alongside Delph on Sat if Delph is fit again.

Well I thought they were a couple passes, slightly casual. Worded wrong, I meant to just say give it away a couple times rather than too many... :?

Reo-Coker made 46 out of 48 passes tonight so no. Didn't mean him. :winkold:

That can't be right. NRC 46 out of 48??? You sure about that? ;)

I've been waiting for a Makoun style player for a long time, knows what he's going to do with the ball before he gets it and moves the ball quickly. I'm fed up with seeing Petrov posing on the ball, taking too many touches and slowing everything down.

There was a ball, 2nd time he touched it I think, where he had been played into a gully by someone and had a Wigan player go in to challenge for the ball - you could see him quickly look around and flick it behind him over the top and pretty much put Young I think into a 1 on 1, or we got a free kick. Just thought Wow at that.

As far as debuts go, and on a shite pitch at that, was decent enough for me. Not mind blowing but enough to think once settled properly we could have ourselves a real player. When he got subbed the 1st word that popped in my head was 'tidy!'.

Stick him in the middle with Petrov on saturday.

Â