Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Like the way he passes the ball around. Nice and easy.

Noticed a few times he failed to track his man out wide though, Collins gave him a mouth full for it just before he came off. Think he'll be fine when he gets up to speed in this league though. Fortunately we've got a few players in midfield now to have the luxury of being able to ease him in.

99% sure Ged took him off as a direct result of the incident in which Collins bollocked him.

Looked okay though, a little diminutive, not really the powerhouse African midfielder physique I was expecting/hoping for

Yes but the sub came on very quickly after so it was already planned. That said, he did cop a ferocious bollocking from Collins just before he came off for not closing the man down and rightly so. Even if his legs had gone, which I think they had, he could have done better.

However, they had seen he was done for the game. I thought he did well until he faded out and he will be a great player. I can see him being the midfield heatbeat when he gets up to speed.

I just think Houllier thought it was tim e to bring in Petrov just to take command of the game for us. Makoun's touch looked very promising although some his passes gave me the impression he's not used to playing on potato fields like Wigan. He did seem to lack a yard of pace too, so it will be interesting to see how he adapts.

A steady debut yet an impressive one considering the circumstances. Expected nothing more, nothing less. Give it five games.

SO, there was something in that last sentence that made me think of Janice Nicholls and "Oi'll give it foive" . I wonder how you would explain that to GH or JM.

So yes "Oid give it foive" also and by then we will know for certain how well GH spent RL's money.

I think he's going to take time to settle in. I'm not going to judge him after one game, but I didn't see anything impressive last night. Petrov was far better when he came on.

Risso, he has a great leap and Wigan is not the easiest place to go and make a debut, a game where we were expected to win. He was asked to play the Petrov role, and did it fairly well in the first half but faded. Remember Risso he only started training on Friday, possibly 4 or 5 training sessions at most, doesn't speak the language, considering all that i'd say it was a fairly good debut.

Risso, he has a great leap and Wigan is not the easiest place to go and make a debut, a game where we were expected to win. He was asked to play the Petrov role, and did it fairly well in the first half but faded. Remember Risso he only started training on Friday, possibly 4 or 5 training sessions at most, doesn't speak the language, considering all that i'd say it was a fairly good debut.

His first training session was Monday so he had one training session then was straight on the coach up to Wigan on Monday afternoon

His first training session was Monday so he had one training session then was straight on the coach up to Wigan on Monday afternoon

Was guessing Sellyoak.

Steady debut with flashes of promise. Once he gets up to speed his style of play will define our midfield dynamic and hopefully add the possession, mobility and speed of thought required for us to make the most of our front line.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a more mobile back four either, but Collins, Dunne and Cuellar have really responded making that decision a hard one.

Why is Wigan not the easiest place to make your debut? They are shit, have next to no fans and we always seem to get a result there. Can't think of many easier away grounds to make debut tbh.

As debuts go it was largely unimpressive, few nice touches but he gave the ball away a lot. I said he'd take time to adjust to the PL and he clearly will need that time, not quite up to the pace of it yet.

Have you seen that ground and pitch? Seriously even i was depressed when i got into that stadium. So yesterday was their 3rd defeat all season, granted they draw a lot but they don't lose a lot either. So I'd say it is a tricky place to go and start your Villa career.

I thought he looked decent last night. He seems keen to pass the ball as soon as he gets it not hold onto it for 45 seconds and then hoof it to nobody. Nice to see houllier bringing in players that want to play the short passing game rather than the hoof to heskey game. I won't judge him on one match though...

I was well impressed with him to be honest, once he settles he looks like he could be a top plyer for us. His passing and incisiveness was a class above from what I saw, he shipped the ball off quickly and crisply. I'm happy with this purchase so far.

Have you seen that ground and pitch? Seriously even i was depressed when i got into that stadium. So yesterday was their 3rd defeat all season, granted they draw a lot but they don't lose a lot either. So I'd say it is a tricky place to go and start your Villa career.

Yes frequently, including last night, the pitch didnt look great, but it terms of playability it caused no problems whatsoever. Easiest away ground to make a debut in the PL I reckon, no fans, shit team and great away support, pitch played ok

Â