Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

You must have seen Man United vs Lille a few years ago Trent? I watched that game and I loved what makoun did, he bullied United all game.

I've seen a good bit of French football, not enough to make me an expert, but enough to tell me this is a good signing anyway, and for 4.2m a very good signing!

• Like 1

You must have seen Man United vs Lille a few years ago Trent? I watched that game and I loved what makoun did, he bullied United all game.

I've seen a good bit of French football, not enough to make me an expert, but enough to tell me this is a good signing anyway, and for 4.2m a very good signing!

I can't recall either way but its unlikely, my interest in the CL is at best minimal and at times non existent. It bores me to be honest, both the football and the competition itself and is a symbol of the ills of the game.

That is another thread though. :lol:

Don't know what to expect from him really, only remember ever seeing him when he scored that goal for Lyon a while back that knocked Real Madrid out of the CL. From everything I've read I'm sure he will be a decent addition, my main (onyl) gripe about yesterday was the ball being cleared long in the 2nd half and time after time it looked as though we had no midfield and it was straight back in on us again. If Makoun can work with Petrov, Delph et al to get our foot on the ball more in midfield he will be a great signing. I hope one of the unsung advantages of him coming in will be his game will allow Young, Downing, Delph and Petrov to chip in a few more goals, which they're all capable of doing.

I too don't know much about him, does anyone on here know his capabilities?

The fact Lyon went from the bottom of the league to near the top after he come back from injury must say something.

I think this is a very good signing, and definitely what we've needed.

It's been mentioned before that he's the player that NRC thinks he is, which is pretty much spot on.

Could turn out to be a bargain at £5m!!

He's the bargain basement, homebrand Essien - same kinda thing, but not the same quality. Can play as a traditional DM with discipline but also do the all action thing.

He basically is what NRC thinks he is.

He's the bargain basement, homebrand Essien - same kinda thing, but not the same quality. Can play as a traditional DM with discipline but also do the all action thing.

He basically is what NRC thinks he is.

do you mean in the same manner as Bent is the player Gabby thinks he is ?

guess that could be aimed at quite a few.

but after such a good win yesterday the negativity/sarcasm is unnecessary, don't you think.

PS by the way was that an echo from woody.

No, as Gabby and Bent aren't the same player clearly, they've never even attempted to play in the same manner.

Makoun, when doing the more disciplined role, plays like NRC tries to. You'd need to have watched them both to understand it.

There was no sarcasm there, I know your friend Nigel needs defending at all times, but I said that as a straight faced statement of fact, no bile or humour to it. It's not an echo of Woodytom either - I was one of the first people to say that of Makoun from the moment we were linked months ago.

Â