Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Makoun was finally prised from Lyon for a fee of £5million last week after a lengthy pursuit by Houllier.

And the 63-year-old has revealed that midfielder Makoun, 27, is desperate to make his mark on the Premier League.

He added: "Jean came here for that reason, he didn't come here for money. It's a dream move for him.

"He has all the attributes needed for this league. He plays with a smile on his face and is always happy - but he's also a moaning and whinging player!

"When he came back into the Lyon team they went on a run of 13 games without defeat so the manager was understandably reluctant to let him go.

"I had to travel to France and get things sorted but fortunately I've got a good relationship with the chairman.

He started with the question "if you were the manager of Lyon would you let him go?" I said no!

"But there was an agreement that they would let him go in January and they stayed true to their word. He will be a great player for us."

http://tinyurl.com/4b8kd3l

What the **** does that mean?

Makoun was finally prised from Lyon for a fee of £5million last week after a lengthy pursuit by Houllier.

And the 63-year-old has revealed that midfielder Makoun, 27, is desperate to make his mark on the Premier League.

He added: "Jean came here for that reason, he didn't come here for money. It's a dream move for him.

"He has all the attributes needed for this league. He plays with a smile on his face and is always happy - but he's also a moaning and whinging player!

"When he came back into the Lyon team they went on a run of 13 games without defeat so the manager was understandably reluctant to let him go.

"I had to travel to France and get things sorted but fortunately I've got a good relationship with the chairman.

He started with the question "if you were the manager of Lyon would you let him go?" I said no!

"But there was an agreement that they would let him go in January and they stayed true to their word. He will be a great player for us."

He`s going to be our midfield general, our own Essien.

Sometimes the players need a kick in posterior and he`ll dish it out.

i think its meant as he moans and whinges to get his own way on the field he is a niggler..... sounds positive to me.

I hate happy losers.

I wonder if Houllier has already agreed with other French clubs for players in the Summer, that Guardian podcast that French guys says one will be coming in June and another in July...I wonder if Houllier has already agreed deals with the players and clubs.

Very interesting anyway, it seems like Houllier does have the pulling power.

Looking forward to seeing Makoun play for us. If he's involved tomorrow then it will definitely be as a sub as I can't see Houllier changing the side that beat Citeh. Makoun is a good player and is a bargain at 5 million, I just hope he settles and adapts quickly

Excellent, i was slightly cautious about this signing, with him coming from the French league and for such a modest fee...but it looks like Houllier's previous dealings have got us a deal that we wouldn't have got otherwise. A lot more optimistic now!!

I expect we'll see Makoun play 2morra then by the sounds of it, but I'm sure we won't see the best of him until he has played a few games for us. Be great if he puts in a "Ian Holloway jog the f*ck on" performance 2morra. Ash Young is certainly going to lose out on the West Midlands football style awards this year 8) .

Houllier: Jovial Jean fits the bill at Villa

Gerard Houllier pays tribute to happy Jean II Makoun.

25th Jan 2011

By Paul Brown

Gerard Houllier is in high spirits about Jean II Makoun being available to play against Wigan this evening - and admits the happy demeanour of the midfield ace is exactly what he wants to see in his squad.

Houllier is looking forward to seeing the fun-loving footie ace integrate with the rest of the players, insisting he will have a positive effect on the dressing room.

The boss is a firm advocate of skill and endeavour - but also insisted that enjoyment plays a vital part in the football cocktail.

He said: "Jean is a very, very easy going type of person - very nice.

"He's always happy. He's not moody - he's not a moaning and whinging player.

"We have the best job in the world. We are paid to play the game - because, at the end of the day, it's a game and it's fantastic.

"Work and enjoyment are vital. If you don't enjoy it, leave, go. You are successful in life if you enjoy things."

Houllier also said, despite his cool character, Makoun has a burning desire to test himself in the top-flight.

He also revealed the interesting back story regarding the midfielder's move to Villa.

He added: "He has Premier League ambitions - that is why he came here. He did not come for the money I can tell you that.

"He came here just because he wanted to play in the Premier League.

"What happened was the club, Lyon, had promised him they would let him go. He'd 18 months on his contract.

"When they put him back into the team they had a run of games without being beaten and they moved up fourteen places and they also qualified for the Champions League.

"So their manager understandably was a bit reluctant to let him go. I thought it would be difficult so I had to travel to France to get everything sorted.

"Fortunately I have a good relationship with their chairman and it helped.

"It wasn't a question of charm, it was a question of business but it helped because he kept his word.

"Funnily enough he started with a question. He said 'if you were the manager of Lyon would you let him go'. I said no. He said 'well you answered my question'. But I said 'you promised the boy'."

www.avfc.co.uk

Â