Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

He was fine defensively 1st half, 2nd half he looked tired and let his runners go.

He wasn't fine defensively in the first half at all, and he's tired after 45 mins? He's supposedly been playing regularly for Lyon being not up to speed with the PL I can understand tbh and I expected it, that will come by next season, its the tired after 45 mins that is far far more worrying

He was OK defensively in the 1st half, don't remember him letting anyone past easily unless their were enough men behind him to cover. His positional sense was good and he only gave the ball away once.

The French game is so slow compared to the English game, it's not surprising how tired he was, it's to be expected.

I think last night proved people just looked at Wiki and Youtube and then posted they knew all about this guy.

I'd never heard of him until 2 weeks ago, but having listened to all and sundrie on here, thought he was Patrick viera mk 2

What he actually is , is hopefully a younger and better version of Petrov (once he settles).

Oh, and a lot smaller too !.

To be honest, I would give him a 3 or 4 last night, gave the ball away lots, off pace lots - but, you expect that.

So by next season we will see. But he certainly wont be the saviour for this one as some people were saying.

No-one said he was Viera, What was said is he has the abilities of Petrov and NRC and to me yesterday proved that. He is technically sound and will improve our midfield, I seen him in the Essien mould more than anything. As for giving the ball away a lot, i he didn't seem to be doing that from my view, what i seen was a midfielder not afraid to pass it forward and actually release it quicker than any other midfielder we have.

i didnt think he gave the ball away alot either, seemed to take alot of very neat controlled first time passes, the new anything is always a load of bollocks anyway, did i see enough in him last night to suggest that he will add to our squad? 100% yes

as for the utd game i agree that its good for experience and the pressure is off and he's still IMO in the instant hero period that Bent has benefitted from so its not a bad shout, but there's every chance we'll get over run

3 or 4!? I hope that's out of 5/6. He wasn't brilliant, but he was still good, he impressed me with his control, we looked a bit weaker when it came to pressuring their midfield line when he went off.

I've watched him a fair few times in the French Ligue as well as the Champions League and whilst he is no Vieira, he's a good player tbh and we're going to benefit from him playing, especially if he actually gets to lay on a real pitch after settling with the squad.

I think last night proved people just looked at Wiki and Youtube and then posted they knew all about this guy.

I'd never heard of him until 2 weeks ago, but having listened to all and sundrie on here, thought he was Patrick viera mk 2

What he actually is , is hopefully a younger and better version of Petrov (once he settles).

To be honest, I would give him a 3 or 4 last night, gave the ball away lots, off pace lots - but, you expect that.

So by next season we will see. But he certainly wont be the saviour for this one as some people were saying.

Gave the ball away lots? I thought he only made 1 misplaced pass?

He's trained with the first teams ONCE, he hasn't played a game in 20days and he's come from a league slower than this league.

I personally think he done fine up until the speed of the game got on top of him....Houllier said on AVTV that he took him off because he had a bit of thigh injury.

Cracker, he hasn't played in 20 days. Also what i mean't about Wigan was the actual place to make a debut, if you look at Bent against Man City, he was buzzing because of the way VP was, the new found optimism. You go to Wigan and its depressing, nothing to lift you. I'd like see him at VP this Saturday.

Alex Song type of player, anyone?

Can hold well, but also has the ability to play in the top quarter of the park as well.

Once he has settled in, got match fitness up, got used to the pace of the game, it will be the end of season, no, joke, he will do well for us.

Look dont get me wrong here, given time I hope he is a great player, all I am doing is not going over the top on last night

Yes he did give the ball away a lot, I think someone has posted the stats, something like 45 passes, only 21 of them successful.

He was fine for 20 mins, then he totally drained, the booking was a result of that (the guy went past him as if he was walking, and he pulled him back) , he then struggled until half time, then was taken off very shortly afterwards.

If you can rate that above a 4 - you're having a laugh.

Future - hopefully, but don't make out he was great last night, because he wasn;t

You criticise others for judging a player based on not seeing him very much in action, then you make a judgment on him based on his first 57 minutes playing for us?

Er = where have I said that ?

What I said is I think it will be next season before we can really judge the bloke.

I am just homoured that people are saying he was great last night , when, if the guy was white and had Downing wrote on his back, people would have been slagging him off !.

Now, obviously there are reasons - he hasn't played in this league. In fact, he hasn't played at all for nearly a month, he only trained once, he doesn't speak the language, he doesn't know anyone.

So I aint having a go. But I ain't saying "he was great" for the sake of it.

As debuts go, it was disappointing, but hopefully, it will get better.

3 or 4? :o He didn't give the ball away at all that i noticed?

Cracker, he hasn't played in 20 days. Also what i mean't about Wigan was the actual place to make a debut, if you look at Bent against Man City, he was buzzing because of the way VP was, the new found optimism. You go to Wigan and its depressing, nothing to lift you. I'd like see him at VP this Saturday.

Nothing to lift you? Apart from a large and vocal away support on your debut you mean?

Based on what you saw last night who would pick him at OT

Personally I would. But I wouldn't pick Gabby, Ash and Downing too

I'd probably go ...

-----------------------Bent----------------------

Downing - Petrov - Coker - Makoun - Young

-------Clark - Collins - Dunne - Walker------

----------------------Friedel---------------------

NRC--------------------Makoun

Passes 48--------------Passes 32

Successful 46----------Successful 21

Interceptions 2--------Interceptions 0

Tackles 5---------------Tackles 4

Won 1------------------Won 2

Clearances 2--------- Clearances 0

Fouls commited 3-----Fouls commited 2

Fouls won 1------------Fouls won 1

Taken from match thread

Very interesting isn't it !

God sake, I am NOT having a go at the guy - he needs time to settle.

All I am saying is , it wasnt as great a debut as some are making out !

Â