Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Not seen the game... but 85 successful passes... **** me. Just got in from work and have been reading some reports and getting feedback from some of my mates and they're all saying he was class. In my opinion this is a better signing than Darren Bent.

Now all we need, is the creative spark to play alongside him. Ashley back out wide, and we will be rocking!!

No! 85 "passes". He is a distributor. You need soomeone creative in front of him. You need a tackler/enforcer next to him. NRC.

Houllier wants to play 4-2-3-1

Think of it in Liverpool terms(not current)

Masc=NRC next to Alonso=Makoun

with in front of them Gerrard=Creative game-changer(Young, Bannan, etc)

Makoun is a fantastic midfielder from what I've seen of him already and those stats just go to show what he is capable of. It seems that he has a brilliant footballing brain and the ability to go with it insofar as he knows where the ball is going before he receives it, even in split seconds. When he didn't know, his close control and dribbling allowed him to make some space and find a man. Petrov also played well and he wasn't 'put to shame' at all - Makoun is just excellent and even as early as it is I'd go as far as saying one of the best midfielders I've seen play for us.

Compare Bannan and Makoun in terms of size and tackleing abiltiy with that of Denilson, Wilshire, fabregas and Song. Its not like you need to be a big bruser in the modern game anymore.

Play them against Fellaini and Cahill and see how you do.

Arsenal's biggest problem is that they've got no muscle in the centre of the park. You need physical presence or it's all too easy to bully the opposition.

Only caught the last 25 on a stream but I saw enough of Makoun to make a snap judgement. Gifted footballer, complete natural, oozed class and was cool on the ball.

The biggest thing that impressed me was his awareness of the play/players around him. No dilly-dallying on the ball/getting his binoculars out to find the right pass, he just hit it straight to the right man whereas sometimes with our players they are a little guilty of drawing momentum from an attack and you find yourselves screaming 'Out wide, OUT WIDE! yeah or back to friedel, either suits'

An absolutely bargain from what I have seen so far. He seems to know where his next pass is before is even got the ball.

exactly... thats what make great players. he is thinking of his next pass before he gets the ball, thats why what he does looks so easy.

We are in excellent shape really.

Friedel

Walker/Cuellar--Collins/Cuellar--Dunne/Clark--Clark/Baker/Young

Albrighton/Downing/Young--Bradley/NRC/Petrov/Makoun/Delph--Bradley/NRC/Petrov/Makoun/Delph--Albrighton/Downing/Young

--Young/Bannan/Gabby/Heskey/Delfouneso--

--Bent/Heskey/Gabby/Delfouneso--

Probably missed a few, but loads of good options there. Makoun an exciting new option!

. Always availiable and great first touch would have liked to see Bannan next to him last night .

That CM pairing would be a tad lightweight, IMO, MM.

Makoun or Delph and one of Petrov/ Bradley/ NRC as the deeper midfielders, with Bannan as the attacking midfielder? Bannan has a better eye for a pass than Young.

. Always availiable and great first touch would have liked to see Bannan next to him last night .

That CM pairing would be a tad lightweight, IMO, MM.

Makoun or Delph and one of Petrov/ Bradley/ NRC as the deeper midfielders, with Bannan as the attacking midfielder? Bannan has a better eye for a pass than Young.

Yes I am with this mean't to say Makoun with Bradley and Bannan for me ideal . Last night we played against a very disciplined back 4 and midfield you don't go through these you had to get at them wide , we didn't really other than the Bent goal . Young was more effective last night wide would have liked Bannan as the player in the hole last night

Â