Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I know that most Managers say it, but I genuinely think that we are just three players away from being a very good side. GH needs to put Young back on the wing and bring in a keeper, a left back and Stephen Ireland to become the player we really know he can be. A forward would be great if it's a possibility. Makoun, Ireland and Bradley could be greast together.

Yeap excellent player tonight. Keeping the ball under pressure is the key to any good player. You could see the other players worked out how good he is as they kept wanting to give him the ball straight back.

Unbelievable really after I saw him at wigan so out of the game.

(we wern't watching him, he was watching us :| )

Suppose it's only natural that everyone should be going on so about Bradley..new signing and all but how many of you have actually seen the guy play? I know I haven't. Why not try NRC alongside Makoun first. At least he has premiership experience and has done a good job for us. Suddenly it's Makoun and Bradley.....they've played two premiership games between them!!!

Downing Bradley Makoun Delph Young

---------------------Bent

Next season?

Albrighton Bradley Makoun Bannan Downing

So... phase Delph OUT of the team by the end of the year?

Downing Bradley Makoun Delph Young

Next season?

Albrighton Bradley Makoun Bannan Downing

So... phase Delph OUT of the team by the end of the year?

Yeah. He's getting on a bit now and he's got knee nack.

Suppose it's only natural that everyone should be going on so about Bradley..new signing and all but how many of you have actually seen the guy play? I know I haven't. Why not try NRC alongside Makoun first. At least he has premiership experience and has done a good job for us. Suddenly it's Makoun and Bradley.....they've played two premiership games between them!!!

Did you miss Makoun at Old Trafford? A team unbeaten there? He was absolutely top-drawer.

As for whether Bradley should get a chance - he has to get a chance at some stage.

Makoun looks a great talent. A player with natural ability. Always looking to move the ball forward, getting into the pocket of midfield, and anticipating his next pass before he even gets the ball. Intricate, incisive passing and great awareness of the players around him. This guy will become our midfield anchor! EXCITING TIMES.

Did you miss Makoun at Old Trafford? A team unbeaten there? He was absolutely top-drawer.

As for whether Bradley should get a chance - he has to get a chance at some stage.

Petrov was brilliant against Man City..shite tonight. I'm all for Bradley getting his chance but as a sub at some stage, then see how he goes. I'd start with NRC/Petrov and Makoun.

Does anyone know where to find that quote from GH about sitting down with the Lyon chairman to discuss the deal?

Something like "tell me Gerard, if you were in my position, would you sell him?" followed by GH saying "but you promised the boy", and the Lyon chairman presumably going " oh alright then, £4.2 million and he's yours."

Great quote, especially now it looks like being a bit of Aston Villa history in the making.

Jean Makoun Makoun,

He's bigger than me and you,

He's bigger than John Carew,

Jean Makoun Makoun

looks a very tidy player, comfortable on the ball. hopefully as he becomes more used to the prem he starts to really drive forward in attack, he seemed a bit reluctant at times to take players on when the opportunity is there. didnt look out of place at all though.

one think i noticed is how when needed he moved the ball on very quickly, setting up a couple of counter attacks and setting up our wide players whilst they still had room. too many of our players take an age to spot the open man and get the ball to him, meaning the opposition have time to get back or close off the pass.

Â