Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

He made 85 passes today. I'm not kidding you.

:shock:

a midfield trio of makoun, bradley and ireland would be unbelievable. thats if bradley is as good as i think he is and if ireland can get his head straight.

94 passes, 85 successful. brilliant transfer, top notch tonight. if only we had three of him playing in the middle instead of Ash & Petrov.

edit: combined total of both Carrick & Anderson's successful passes: 84.

That is fantastic, I'm sure that beats any of our players in the past 2 or 3 years. About time we had someone who is comfortable and constantly looking for the ball.

I wish Houllier would play Ash on the wing!, and in stark contrast to Makoun, Young was dire tonight.

Same here. I'd relegate Downing to the bench, have Ash and Marc as the wingers, Makoun in the middle with one of Bradley/NRC/Delph alongside him.

Just a shame we got rid of Milner, a central midfield of Jimmy and Makoun would be immense.

I wish Houllier would play Ash on the wing!, and in stark contrast to Makoun, Young was dire tonight.

Same here. I'd relegate Downing to the bench, have Ash and Marc as the wingers, Makoun in the middle with one of Bradley/NRC/Delph alongside him.

Just a shame we got rid of Milner, a central midfield of Jimmy and Makoun would be immense.

Gutted when Milner left. However I think that Bradley has the potential to be just as good, if not better. Good work ethic to from what I've seen.

Yeah 85 out of 94 successful passes tonight.

90% success rate.

What a player we have here.

Xavi II Makoun.

He was excellent. One of the biggest problems Houllier will have in attempting to turn us into a possesion based side is teaching them when to take risks, when to play the early ball. It's all well and good knocking the ball around, but without the occasional penetration we're going to stagnate in midfield.

Makoun tonight made the right decision almost every time. He looks a very intelligent footballer, a great first touch and excellent vision. More importantly for me, he plays without fear. Gareth Barry?

I like what I saw tonight but I would like to express a note of caution in that it's one game. One performance. Let's not hang the guy if he doesn't perform to that level every week.

Looked tidy at Wigan, looked immense tonight. Agree on a different partner though, too many times saw him and Petrov were getting too close to each other. But his all round game is a joy to watch, shows alot of promise and hopefully it'll continue!

Been saying all season Young doesn't belong in the hole, just dont work for whatever reason. Downing works hard back tracking and helping defensively but he needs a break.

Â