Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Makoun is going to be a real asset to the team, he really has impressed and it was great that he got 90 minutes against united. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of him on the pitch, and more importantly more of those jumpers.

. Always availiable and great first touch would have liked to see Bannan next to him last night .

That CM pairing would be a tad lightweight, IMO, MM.

Makoun or Delph and one of Petrov/ Bradley/ NRC as the deeper midfielders, with Bannan as the attacking midfielder? Bannan has a better eye for a pass than Young.

Once we've seen Bradley & Makoun play a few more games, I think we'll get a better idea of who can play where.

If Bradley turns out to be a good, athletic, energetic combative midfielder he could be our Alex Song.

---------------- Friedel -----------------

Walker -- Collins --- Dunne --- Clark

---------------- Bradley ----------------

--------- Makoun -- Delph/ Bannan --

Albrighton ----- Bent ---- Young/ Downing

An absolutely bargain from what I have seen so far. He seems to know where his next pass is before is even got the ball.

I trust your judgement Jimbo.

Not seen a lot of him so far. Thought he was off the pace (understandably) against wigan but looked comfortable.

Sounds like he does things, while the rest are still thinking about it which for me is the difference between Champions league and 5th/6th

I think all we are missing is a big physical midfielder. When NRC most likely leaves in the summer I'd like us to buy some big brutish animal. The passin last night was amazing, well maybe not amazing, but I was amazed to see it from a Villa team.

Did anyone notice how many times Makoun was on the edge of our own box picking up scraps, carrying it out and finding a villa player with his next pass. The need for hoofing was minimal last night.

Think he is the start of our midfield jigsaw. Don't know if we have all the other pieces yet, we'll just have to see if they fit.

The first two names on the sheet should be Makoun and Bent, for sure. I would like to see us go 4-4-2 for a few games.

Shillzz, maybe not yet but I reckon MB will settle quickly and will strike u a great rapport with J2M

The first two names on the sheet should be Makoun and Bent, for sure. I would like to see us go 4-4-2 for a few games.

Shillzz, maybe not yet but I reckon MB will settle quickly and will strike u a great rapport with J2M

Hope your right, and you probably will be.

But for Saturdays game, I think I'd perhaps even stick with the team that started yesterday.

Just on Makoun was it because we had the ball? Because there is going to be times when we're pressed in the middle and that's when it will be a better place to judge.

We did have alot of the ball and it was partly down to united letting us play in front of them but a lot of it was due to us not hoofing it from the back everytime it dropped, Makoun was an option for the backline, he looked for the ball, took it, bet a player if necessary and passed it off. Something we haven't done for a while. Was nice to see us not surrendering possesion to teams.

I thought he looked a little light in the tackle sometimes, seemed to throw himself in but just didn't get the ball a lot, maybe its a size thing.

I think he will link the midfield and the backline well, but we need some1 creative and some more physical and defensive. You might say Bannan and Delph but I think GH will be looking for some1 experienced. Say Sissoko and Ireland if he gets his form back.

He's here, he's there

He's every **** where

Jean Makoun, Jean Makoun

He's thin, he's black

And never passes back

Jean Makoun, Jean Makoun

With spi-key hair

And a nice line in knitwear

Jean Makoun, Jean Makoun

He makes more passes

Than Hugh Hefner's had lasses

Jean Makoun, Jean Makoun

He's here to stay

Until we win the league some day

Jean Makoun, Jean Makoun

and so on.....

He was amazing last night. Only thing I could say. If we were sharper in defence for the first two goals and we had a better player next to him instead of Petrov it would have been a different game.

Â