Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

If he's fit chuck him in, as Mr_Dogg states, he's played United before and bossed the match - he's 28 and had more experience at top level than most of our squad put together. He was bought for these occasions.

He's going to be rusty but thats expected, and also need to learn how he 'fits' and our system. But tonight is as much about industry and breaking up play. The rest of the squad have only had one more game with Bent so they the sooner it clicks the better. He'll get a look even if he doesn't start as Petrov will run himself into the ground after 60 minutes.

Its NRC Bannan Makoun across the middle with Young Bent and Downing ahead of them for me

Agreed, his awareness of space and the players around him was a joy to behold. Something we haven't been used to for years. I can't to see how he does v the lesser sides where his creativity could come to more use. Early signs are that he will be a bargain although that is said with caution as "could he do it on a a cold night in Stoke?" :D

I made that comment in the thing Jonno :D Fully agree, Makoun was a different class today.
Great minds think alike then, eh? I can't believe the price we paid for him, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone try and snap him up in the summer if he keeps playing like that.

Honestly, one of the best losing performances I have seen from an individual Villa player. I can't recall if he was even tackled, let alone hit a misspass.

Imagine him and Bradley together!

I made that comment in the thing Jonno :D Fully agree, Makoun was a different class today.
Great minds think alike then, eh? I can't believe the price we paid for him, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone try and snap him up in the summer if he keeps playing like that.

You're a finance man aren't you? 5 million euros, **** VDV, that is the steal of the century! 4.2m pounds, amazing.

We have got a gem in Makoun. He made himself available from defence and has an eye for the outlet pass and holds the ball and moves it well. He has a very nice first touch and reads the game very well.

He had a good game tonight and lasted the pace very well. It was good to see us playing football from a defensive position instead of hoofing the ball away from our goal.

We won't be playing many better than Man U this season. It is going to be interesting to see how Makoun's game helps us as he gets to understand what the other players are capable of doing.

Â