Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Honestly, one of the best losing performances I have seen from an individual Villa player. I can't recall if he was even tackled, let alone hit a misspass.

Imagine him and Bradley together!

Yep. If Bradleys a more direct, attacking midfielfer they could be quite a partnership.

Absolutely sensational performance.

Only one way to describe him - when he had the ball it was like I was watching a Champions' League game.

That's what I thought... then the crashing disappointment when I realised he was the only one (bar Friedel) playing like a Champions League player!

4.2 bloody million, I'm still creaming myself at the bargain!

Only one way to describe him - when he had the ball it was like I was watching a Champions' League game.

Ha!! Yeah perfect way of putting it. Even when he had two or three opposition players around him, he still had his head up looking for a pass. Looks like Houllier has found a good'un.

It was nice to see a player in a Villa shirt who can make a pass without having to take an extra touch :D

This guy always looked class when I saw him in a Lyon shirt and it looks like he is still up for it wearing the claret and blue of Villa. Let's get a couple more players in centre midfield who can play alongside him and we will have quite a team on our hands going forwards.

That's what I thought... then the crashing disappointment when I realised he was the only one (bar Friedel) playing like a Champions League player!

4.2 bloody million, I'm still creaming myself at the bargain!

THIS!

Great on the ball, gave the ball away maybe twice, loads of forward passes, round corners. Great off the ball and always showing for it. Just missing some more like this.

I'm gonna give Houllier free reign to change whoever he wants, this is obviously the way he wants to play football. Some of the players that we think are great in England, blood and guts loads of effort are going to struggle to adapt. Changing the team could be expensive. Although if GH can keep picking up players like this maybe it won't.

He made 85 passes today. I'm not kidding you.

:shock:

most of them to Villa players moving forward. What a concept !

Some people just don't understand the concept of a deep-lying central midfielder though! They just have to pass backwards or sideways at best :oops:

Â