Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

OT but I've never thought Barry as a particularly gifted passer of the ball, in terms of range and accuracy. I never thought he was a particularly creative attacking threat to the opposition. He played simple short passes well and kept the ball moving, which is similar to Makoun.

I agree Baz, but ive had this arguement before...walk away mate, you havnt got a chance!

FWIW Young wasnt effective because every team in the league doubled up on him, nothing to do with Barry.

They didn't have a chance to double up on him because of the quick ball to the wing. It would be naive to think teams suddenly decided to 'double up' the second the 08/09 season started, as if him tearing teams apart in 07/08 wouldn't have caused any rational manager to go 'right, stick to him'.

Makoun, Warnock & Delph. Though Delph will be hampered by not being automatic choice. He'll still pull his weight though :) Or pull up trees with an over-exuberant slide tackle.

Can't believe you haven't got Clark in that list. More cards per minute on the pitch than anyone last year I suspect.

Makoun, Warnock & Delph. Though Delph will be hampered by not being automatic choice. He'll still pull his weight though :) Or pull up trees with an over-exuberant slide tackle.

Can't believe you haven't got Clark in that list. More cards per minute on the pitch than anyone last year I suspect.

Can I throw Albrighton into the mix please?

Makoun is probably my favorite player in a villa shirt at the moment. Likeable guy who is always smiling, plus he has showed in a game or two, he does have a footballing brain. :)
And from time to time he loves to kick sh*t out of opposing forwards. Exciting times ahead!

Makoun won't start at weekend, mcleish won't take risk of a passer in there, only has a chance of playing if delph and stan play, not in a midfield two Anyway

But Makoun is comfortably our best central midfielder and should be the first name on the team sheet. I'd be amazed if he's not.

Any clarification on why he was dropped to the bench on the weekend?

Seemed a bit odd, having started all (?) of the pre-season games to all of a sudden be dropped, and then not even brought on when Petrov was taken off.

FWIW, I thought he played fairly well pre-season, so I'm guessing there may have been something else behind this e.g. a niggling injury / illness.

...and then not even brought on when Petrov was taken off.

Wouldn't read too much into that bit, Petrov taken off with 30 secs plus injury time was to waste time more than anything plus he brought on a defensive player. Makoun was never going to come on in those circumstances

Â