Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Any clarification on why he was dropped to the bench on the weekend?

Seemed a bit odd, having started all (?) of the pre-season games to all of a sudden be dropped, and then not even brought on when Petrov was taken off.

FWIW, I thought he played fairly well pre-season, so I'm guessing there may have been something else behind this e.g. a niggling injury / illness.

Yes it was because he plays football and likes to pass the ball short which clearly AMC doesn't agree with.

Hoooofffffffffffff

Makoun is a good player...As was Hleb, Bentley and Larsson...But McLeish dosnt know how to use them...He isnt a technical gifted coach..Or at least from EVERYTHING ive seen on him up to date anyway. Maybe we will see a new McLeish at Villa? although after Saturday's game its looking pessimistic atm.

Houllier bought Makoun because Houllier knows his sh1t..He knows how to play alot of different styles with lots of different players. He bought Bent because again he knows his sh1t..McLeish and his 1st game of the season see's 1 chance on goal with players like Makoun, Albrighton, N'Zogbia, Bent, Gabby etc etc at his disposal...Crazy times ahead.

Also if it wasn't for a piece of good goalkeeping by Schwarzer, Bent could have had a tap in.

People are using the one shot on target as a negative, when in fact most of the shots we had off target were pretty close to going in. I don't think the chances we created were a problem, I think it was the tempo of our play which was far too slow at times. If we stepped it up I think we could have troubled Fulham. On the other hand it could have stretched our backline a bit more when they countered. To me it just seemed as if McLeish was being cautious for his first game which I have no problem with. However at home games we'll certainly need to step it up else we won't be able to break anyone down. Hopefully that's where Makoun comes into the fold.

Also if it wasn't for a piece of good goalkeeping by Schwarzer, Bent could have had a tap in.

People are using the one shot on target as a negative, when in fact most of the shots we had off target were pretty close to going in. I don't think the chances we created were a problem, I think it was the tempo of our play which was far too slow at times. If we stepped it up I think we could have troubled Fulham. On the other hand it could have stretched our backline a bit more when they countered. To me it just seemed as if McLeish was being cautious for his first game which I have no problem with. However at home games we'll certainly need to step it up else we won't be able to break anyone down. Hopefully that's where Makoun comes into the fold.

Agree with you here Alex..I too am hoping it was just 1st game nerves etc...Added to the fact Fulham have been doing well in Euro games prior to this game, their fitness being better and such..

Next game is a MASSIVE test for Mcleish to show the fans what he can do with the team when we come out to try and win a game..Lets see how attacking and creative the man can be with this squad. Blackburn are well short on quality and are still looking to make additions to their squad...Its a good time to play them and get 3pts.

Given the way we lined up it was no surprise that he didn't play. Petrov is nailed on to start more often than not and rightly so and Delph was the better option given that those around them were all attack minded. With playing just two in the middle we have to be careful playing Makoun as if the going gets tough he is likely to get going and go missing or do something rash.

I am sure he will get a chance at some stage. Its then up to him to prove he is worthy of holding down a place. Time will tell but the jury is clearly still very much out.

I think Delph did well enough to earn at least another start, so unless McLeish is minded to replace someone else with Makoun (Petrov? N'Zogbia? Maybe drop Heskey or Gabby & go to 4-5-1?) JeanII may be cooling his heels on the bench for another weekend.

Petrovs recent form would suggest he needs some time on the bench but I doubt that will happen considering he's captain. This is from a Petrov fan.(I say this every time so I don't receive a barrage of flak from certain other Petrov fans!)

Poor pre-season and I didn't notice him once in the second half on Saturday, I hope Stan steps it up he's better then this.

Trouble is, do we think Makoun can replicate the role Petrov plays?

Not quite.

I think Makoun has the passing ability to be the outlet the defense should look for when we win the ball and build our attacks .....

... but I don't think he's much of a ball winner himself, and some of his tackling has been dire.

Petrov is more likely to break up play, but put a foot on the ball and play an easy pass rather than look to build.

IMO if we play Jean II he needs a proper defensive midfielder who can break up play and feed the ball to Jean II? I cannot understand why we let NRC go as he seemed the most financially viable option at the time especially as it seems we are not going to run out and buy anyone atm!

When we play the top 6 teams they are to go straight through the middle of our team as none of Stan, Makoun, Delph, Ireland, Bannan or Gardner are known for their distruption of play? the only player we have who can do this is Hogg and I don't think he is good enough!

Going back to Makoun I can't see who he can play with from the current squad so we have a solid midfield? Shame really!

Posted this in transfer thread, figure this would be a better place to post it.

Don't know if this has been posted, but the story seems an odd one.

Journalist Jez Butler just posted this about a possible outgoing via Twitter, Jean Makoun.

Jezbutler Jeremy Butler

Looks like Villa are sending Jean Makoun out on loan to a Greek side. Tell more later #avfc #transfer

I bloody well hope not, needs time on the pitch. Would be a strange one though, he been doing signings this past week and is in todays squad. A lot of people bought shirts with Makoun on the back.

Thanks to Cheesy_Combo for retweeting these. Also says he is not on too much, around £30k p/w. Which is not all that high compared to some others.

greekfooty Greek Football

Oly seem to have Makoun as first choice for DMC. They have agreed terms with the player but now need to sort out the loan move with Villa

greekfooty Greek Football

Olympiacos aiming to sign both Makoun and Orbaiz on loan if they manage to release Moyses Hurtado who is close to a deal with Rayo Vallecano

I'd be gutted if he went, I like his quick thinking, always wants to release a pass as quick as possible. Unlike Petrov, who dwells for centuries.

Why the **** are we sending him out on loan? He's one of our better midfield players and his wages aren't even that big unlike most of our overpaid rubbish deadwood who seem to be with us forever. He at least has the potenial to make things happen. How is sending him on loan to a Greek team gonna improve him in the Premier League?

McLeish better hope his got a good replacement up his sleeve, that's IF Randy isn't looking to lower the wage bill even further without any replacements the greedy yank.

Have to smile...Petrov breaks up play lol he can't keep up with play, then he passes a ball sideways or back and we allegedly sending Makoun on loan. I'll pay to send Petrov anywhere on loan, the blokes been past it for 2 seasons. Look for an alternative to Petrov and allow the likes of Bannon and Makoun to play. Keep Petrov and our midfield options are limited.

Â