The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

General,

Can the board look back 9 months and recall what happened at Anfield??

I fear, if AM is employed as Manager it'll be exactly like Hodgson at Liverpool.

Hodgson (albeit a better manager than AM) was never accepted by the fans at Anfield and he never had time to settle or build a team, the disrest caused problems on the pitch too and Liverpool had an awful half a season until they bit the bullet and sacked him, costing more money!!!

With AM, he'll never have the new manager's period of grace settling into the job. If we lose or perform poorly from the off he'll be booed and heckled and this unfortunately will rub off on the players and we'll find ourselves in another relegation fight - something I thought the club did not want to find themselves in.

Another thing is, at Villa we have a proud tradition of developing good young players, sure not all of them make it like Albrighton, Agbonlahor, Clark, Delfouneso but a lot go onto make good careers for themselves elsewhere (even down the road!) - Can you name a single player McLeish has developed and brought into the squad during his tenure at small heath??? I certainly can't and i'd ask why not.

I'd still like to know how many other candidates have been interviewed or are lined up to be interviewed!

General,

I am one of a small number of people that thinks McLeish can do a good job here. I was definitely against his appointment at first, but after reading more into his career up to this point and seeing the success he's had with Motherwell, Hibs, Rangers and the Scotland national team, I'm firmly of the opinion that he can be successful here given the resources available.

I very much hope that fan pressure doesn't cause you to abandon your plans in favour of a 'more popular' but potentially less capable appointment, all the best over the coming weeks, you'll need it!!

I have renewed, but am not looking forward to seeing the poor brand of football than McLeish will bring.

General, I will never lose faith with Villa and still back the board, and believe you have the clubs' best interests at heart but have to question the thought process behind this appointment. I wont patronise, or repeat what others have, but just say please reconsider, and bring a manager on board who will play an entertaining brand of football to reward the fans.

Thanks

Do NOT have the nerve to come on here and ask we fill Villa Park after all this. Being dragged through the media - clubs laughing at us - Small Heath pissing themselves. What the **** are you doing? I'll be a villa supporter long after you have gone but this is a dark dark day for my football club

General, tonight i'm hanging my head in shame as a Villa fan. I appreciate passion for the club and voicing opinions, but vandalising our own club's property is just ridiculous and unforgiveable. Don't care if i get slated but this is an embarrassment tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if Randy decided to jack it in and I wouldn't blame him really.

Semper Fi.

This is exactly how I felt too General. What sort of fool does this to a club they supposedly love?

My greatest fear now is that Randy will pack it in. Please, try and see through the disgraceful behaviour and see the passion of the supporters. Randy will make the right choice of manager, I am sure of that, whoever that is.

General,

I will back the manager whoever it is and I still believe the board want us to do well but at the same time you have made an absolute shambles of this appointment. Holding out for David Moyes has ended us up with the poorer version of him. He may do well and I hope he does, of course I do. However, the way you have handled the whole process from cradle to grave is at best naive. Our club has had nothing but negative press since the beginning but many of us were willing to let it slide as we believed the board were doing the right things and trying to find the right man.

I still don't understand why we have not gone for McLaren, Hughes, Jol, Rijkaard etc and how we have had to settle for someone that only resigned from his post a short while ago. Were you that bad at selling the clubs ambition that not even the Wigan manager (no offence to Wigan) wanted to join us? That does not comfort me or many other Villa fans.

Look, I know and most others know that you and Randy are good people with good intentions but, to me, you have no idea when it comes to footballing matters.

Today I am not ashamed or embarrassed, just hurt and let down by you and the board.

Omar

Hi General

Has Randy Lerner lost the plot? He's making our worst nightmare come true! Not only that he's increased the season ticket prices. If you think you're going to reach the expected sales of season tickets, merchandise, the new kit, match programmes and other products on a match day then you are sadly mistaken!

From here on in, due to peopel boycotting Villa Park, Randy Lerner will make a huge loss on Aston Villa FC every season from here on in. It's time for him to cut his losses, sell the club to owner who cares about its fans, stop putting us through misery every single summer and piss off back to America!!

YANKS OUT!!!

I'll be a supporter of this club for life but whilst you are in charge, you are only going to take us backwards! Wake up and smell the coffee and realise that you are about to make the worst decision that anybody at Aston Villa has ever made!!

LEAVE OUR CLUB!!!!

General

I hope you understand the venom coming from some of the post is through the hurt that we are feeling.

Despite all the great things that Randy and the board have done during their tenure the one thing that you will be remembered for is the act that you are about to perform.

To most the appointment of BCFC manager is the Ultimate betrayal

Hi General,

You guys have barely put a foot wrong in your tenure at this club, the club that I loved for 20yrs. Unfortunately you are about to make a mistake, a mistake that will go down in history. Us, the fans are voicing our concerns and giving you a chance to rectify it before its too late. Im worried about the harm it will do to the fan base and infastructure (let alone any decent players running a mile from our club as the pressure is set to be sky high).

And why? Why him? Is he really that special 'The Special One' - Really? Facts lead me to think otherwise....

I feel let down today, and for the first time in a long time, I don't feel proud to be a Villa fan.

Thanks

LCI

Hi General

Has Randy Lerner lost the plot? He's making our worst nightmare come true! Not only that he's increased the season ticket prices. If you think you're going to reach the expected sales of season tickets, merchandise, the new kit, match programmes and other products on a match day then you are sadly mistaken!

From here on in, due to peopel boycotting Villa Park, Randy Lerner will make a huge loss on Aston Villa FC every season from here on in. It's time for him to cut his losses, sell the club to owner who cares about its fans, stop putting us through misery every single summer and piss off back to America!!

YANKS OUT!!!

It's rubbish like this that makes me ashamed to be a Villa fan. All the best General for I fear the lunatics have been released from the asylum!

For the record, I've renewed my ST today and will back you, Randy & Alex McLeish next season & beyond.

I'll be a supporter of this club for life but whilst you are in charge, you are only going to take us backwards! Wake up and smell the coffee and realise that you are about to make the worst decision that anybody at Aston Villa has ever made!!

LEAVE OUR CLUB!!!!

General - I ballsed up my previous post, I do not condone this behaviour at all, I am ashamed by villafc82 post, it's a joke.

You've got my backing, I renewed today, and I'll back you all next season

UTV

General, tonight i'm hanging my head in shame as a Villa fan. I appreciate passion for the club and voicing opinions, but vandalising our own club's property is just ridiculous and unforgiveable. Don't care if i get slated but this is an embarrassment tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if Randy decided to jack it in and I wouldn't blame him really.

Semper Fi.

This is exactly how I felt too General. What sort of fool does this to a club they supposedly love?

My greatest fear now is that Randy will pack it in. Please, try and see through the disgraceful behaviour and see the passion of the supporters. Randy will make the right choice of manager, I am sure of that, whoever that is.

Here is a post from West Midlands police on twitter.

WMPVillaFC Aston Villa WMPolice

I can state there was no damage caused at Villa Park during the Protest #avfc #utv

http://twitter.com/WMPVillaFC

General

Again.. FUBAR!!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that things have gone pear shaped since that idiot Faulkner can to the club in May 2010.

Wake up and smell the coffee after you have pulled your head out of the sand!

And by the way, what will the team be playing in next season? or is that another bombshell just waiting to go off!

Even when deadly doug was in charge I have never seen anything like this and I have been going to watch Villa since 77

ab irato

Dear General,

Houllier was an inspired appointment, this is not. I believe you've been taken advise from people in the game, you assume they know best, they don't. Look at the state of the England and Scottish national teams. Mcleish is part of the elite old mans club who have imbedded hoof ball and big men vs little men into our culture. As Arsenal and Barca have displayed, this isn't the way to go. Even Martinez I could see the ethos, here I can't.

I watch more football than any manager would have the time to watch. I absolutely guarantee this will end in an inevitable failure.

Love how it's mostly people with low post counts calling for Lerner to leave - have you only just stared supporting Villa or something? Or are you noses in disguise?

I say supporting... Clearly I mean, just come out and started spouting crap because things may not be going so well. Why don't you come up with a more logical reason as to why he should leave? Theres a test for ya!