Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

9 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Apparently load times have been greatly improved.

Yep, they have. The load times between areas and entering buildings is rapid compared to the ps3 version (as it should be).

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

It sounds very entitled I know but it annoys me that we aren't playing TES:VI. It was 3y 10m between Morrowind and Oblivion. 5y 6m from Oblivion to Skyrim. 

Its been 6 bloody long years since Skyrim came out and VI is not even in the early stages of development yet so its still at the very least a couple of years away :(.

You'd have to bear in mind they also made Fallout 4 and an MMO in the meantime, whilst porting Skyrim to everything seemingly.

I'd rect an announcement on the next year or so. They've had a gap from Fallout and almost certainly used the Enhanced edition Skyrim to play with a few things for a new game.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

You'd have to bear in mind they also made Fallout 4 and an MMO in the meantime, whilst porting Skyrim to everything seemingly.

I'd rect an announcement on the next year or so. They've had a gap from Fallout and almost certainly used the Enhanced edition Skyrim to play with a few things for a new game.

Bethesda had nothing to do with Elder Scrolls Online, that game was developed by ZeniMax Online Studios.

Now if we follow the schedule that Bethesda have had for years then Elder Scrolls VI is next, but it isn't. Bethesda at E3 2017 stated they have three games in development and potentially none of them are Elder Scrolls. Bethesda don't want to be known as the studio that makes Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Fallout for the rest of the careers. I would be very surprised if we get an Elder Scrolls announcement next year, I would be very surprised if we have a new Elder Scrolls before 2020. Bethesda are just tired of making the same old shit they want to broaden their horizons a bit.

Given the enormous commercial success and continued popularity of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, it should come as no surprise that Bethesda Game Studios is making The Elder Scrolls VI. Bethesda has confirmed this on multiple occasions. Speaking to GameSpot today, Bethesda marketing boss Pete Hines gave us more insight into why the game isn't coming soon, and why that might be in the best interest of the game and the people making it...

Why Elder Scrolls VI Isn't Coming Any Time Soon

Now there is every chance that Elder Scrolls VI is one of the "big and crazy" projects outlined in that article, but given that Pete Hines was so adamant that the studio were pretty over just making Elder Scrolls and Fallout I wouldn't hold my breath on that being the case. They have plans to make Elder Scrolls VI, but they haven't started production on the game yet so we're at the very least still 2-3 years away provided they start production now. 

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Then if they don't want to due to fatigue or a lack of motivation then outsource it perhaps because the fans want it asap. Wonder if Obsidion are interested?

Obsidian are rumoured to be working on Fallout: New Vegas 2 which if true will be great news, though that still leaves Elder Scrolls without a team to love and care for it. 

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 16:48, Ingram85 said:

Then if they don't want to due to fatigue or a lack of motivation then outsource it perhaps because the fans want it asap. Wonder if Obsidion are interested?

I'd like to think Bethesda are a better developer than just 'time to make an elder scrolls because money' and I wouldn't want it outsourced either. Nothing wrong with Obsidian but ES is very much their thing. I hope they're working on something entirely new and based on everything that has come out of Bethesda in the last year or so it looks like it will be the case. 

I think the next ES game needs to be a huge leap from all their previous work and I don't mind if that takes them another 5 years. Fallout 4 was a bit of a disappointment - after games like The Witcher are getting released it makes their work look dated and lazy.

4 hours ago, hogso said:

Thanks Ingum - you created an itch I couldn't help but scratch, so I've just ordered the Skyrim Special Edition on PS4.

I did the same, I was watching a youtube skyrim vid that was recommended and was like 'well god damn, I need to play it again' so bought it 2 weeks ago from tesco :D

I agree. Although if we're comparing the most recent games of each series, Elder Scrolls is better by some distance. The first couple of Fallout games are probably better than the first few Elder Scrolls games (haven't ever played Arena/Daggerfall/Redguard, but the first 2 Fallout games are just great), but Elder Scrolls has really evolved in to nearly the perfect fantasy role playing experience. The same can't be said about Fallout, unfortunately.

I have a hankering for some Skyrim gaming time. Shame I don't have the game. Got my build all planned out in my head.

Maybe Santa will buy me it for Xmas. Through PSN. Discs make my PS4 sound like it's taking off (Glares at FFXV disc)

Â