Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

14 hours ago, Chindie said:

This has caused me to discover you can upgrade the PS4 version to PS5 for free (minus the paid mods chucked in) so it's been installed this evening.

Now to put a **** load of mods on it.

The load times are immense with the PS5 upgrade. And a noticeable framerate improvement too.

Completed the civil war quest now. Gonna crack on with the main quest although I'm at the point of going to Riften and I need to start the Thieves Guild line I believe to get into the Waterways, might be wrong.

Main Quest - Dawnguard - Dragonborn with a few Daedric ones thrown in the mix will keep me busy.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Playing through FO:NV again, it's clear for me how much better a franchise FO is than ES.

Oof. That's tough. I think both series have certain games better than the other. Not really sure which I'd say was my absolute favourite...could be FO3, could be Oblivion... 

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Personally I've always despised the Fallout games. I hate the VATS system.

Skyrim on the other hand is awesome.

VATS made sense when Fallout was an isometric CRPG, but it makes way less sense now that's it's a first person RPG. Thankfully New Vegas, Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 worked on the gunplay to make playing the game without VATS a viable way to play the games. I haven't touched VATS since New Vegas launched 11 years ago, it's just not needed to play the newer Fallout games. 

I love both games but I’d have to pick TES over Fallout if I had to. 3 & NV were a blast though.

VATS was fun when you maxed out and could turn heads into eye ball spewing giblet clouds exploding in slow motion. 

Fallout 4 was absolute plop though. 

• Like 1

So from what I can see the SX/PS5 upgrade is just the bump up to 4K 60/120? I can’t see any graphical differences between the anniversary edition and the one x version.

Edited by Ingram85

Giving this another blast on the OLED Switch, and loving it all over again.

I'm going for a sneaky High Elf build. Any tips on levelling up sneaking a bit more quickly? I think I'm L6 now, and have put one or two points into sneaking, but think I need 40 to put the next point into it, and it seems a bit hit and miss as to actually gaining the points in dungeons. I think I've done three of the early dungeons so far, the early golden claw/dragonstone one, the dig site for the mages college, and the one to get the dark star.

13 minutes ago, Risso said:

Giving this another blast on the OLED Switch, and loving it all over again.

I'm going for a sneaky High Elf build. Any tips on levelling up sneaking a bit more quickly? I think I'm L6 now, and have put one or two points into sneaking, but think I need 40 to put the next point into it, and it seems a bit hit and miss as to actually gaining the points in dungeons. I think I've done three of the early dungeons so far, the early golden claw/dragonstone one, the dig site for the mages college, and the one to get the dark star.

Just sneak. Everywhere. Sneak attack too if you’re doing a sneaky build (archery for example) It levels up quite quickly. Especially when activating the thief standing stone at the start

sneak builds are hugely overpowered if built right

Edited by Dante_Lockhart

1 hour ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Thinking about picking this up for the switch,  is it worth it ?

edit. I mean I’ve played it on loads before on ps/Xbox. But does it run on the switch well?

The Switch port is absolutely excellent but if you have a more powerful console just play it on that. 

• 2 weeks later...

No TES VI anytime soon then, still in pre production according to reports. I reckon it won’t be out until 2025/26.

Skyrim was out tail end of 2011. Which would put 15 years or so between releases. We’ve had 10 Zelda games since Skyrim released. 

Â