Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

If they remake this to run on the new PS4 engine I'll buy it day 1. One of my favourite games of last gen.

When they were making Fallout 4 they actually did run some of this to help production, so maybe they've just carried out with that behind the scenes? Updated graphics, better running, all the DLC.. Yes plz.

• Like 1

I'd be incredibly disappointed if they have people working on a Skyrim remaster instead of a new TES game. I know that the latter is orders of magnitude more work, but they're not releasing a Skyrim remaster if there's a new TES game coming in the next couple of years. :( 

On 6/7/2016 at 20:57, Davkaus said:

I'd be incredibly disappointed if they have people working on a Skyrim remaster instead of a new TES game. I know that the latter is orders of magnitude more work, but they're not releasing a Skyrim remaster if there's a new TES game coming in the next couple of years. :( 

They'd contract the remaster out to elsewhere, the new consoles are basically X86 machines so getting the original PC version of the game running on them shouldn't be too difficult.  I'd be very surprised if it took manpower away from The Elder Scrolls 6. 

Hasn't it pretty much got to be there or Valenwood & Elsweyr?

But then after what ever is next, Elder Scrolls VII: Tamriel :ph34r:

Edited by hogso

Looks nice. I wouldn't worry too much about the price, if you've waited five years for a good looking console version then it shouldn't be a big deal giving it a few more months and picking it up at a discounted price.  The mods might even work properly by then! 

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

More great console pricing. Full price (54.99?) on the PS4 store for the remaster, but people who own the old version on the PC get a free upgrade. 

Probably because pretty much nobody would bother buying it on PC. It'll possibly run better than mods, but it doesn't look impressive compared to some fan mods. Why bother paying for the same game twice when the old version runs on PC fine? There can't be many people with even a passing interest in PC games that hasn't picked up Skyrim on a steep discount by now, they don't exactly have a huge target audience for this, but they might manage to upsell some DLC to people to get this for 'free' so that's a win.

Plus it gets modmakers on PC to start making mods for the new version. There aren't going to be many mods on console if the new version isn't played on PC.

Edited by Davkaus

Â