Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

No TES VI anytime soon then, still in pre production according to reports. I reckon it won’t be out until 2025/26.

Skyrim was out tail end of 2011. Which would put 15 years or so between releases. We’ve had 10 Zelda games since Skyrim released. 

Todd Howard has talked about the development process at Bethesda in the past.

They don't start full production until the current project has shipped, while full production takes about 24 months. So we're probably looking at a 12/12/24 release date for Elder Scrolls 6. 

Starfield is an outlier in this sense because Bethesda had to redevelop Creation Engine from scratch to facilitate space flight and whatever else. Elder Scrolls 6 won't need to do that which means its time in full development will likely be their standard 24 months. 

On 23/01/2022 at 09:28, Ingram85 said:

No TES VI anytime soon then, still in pre production according to reports. I reckon it won’t be out until 2025/26.

Skyrim was out tail end of 2011. Which would put 15 years or so between releases. We’ve had 10 Zelda games since Skyrim released. 

Crazy how long it takes them. From a commercial viewpoint, surely it would have made more sense to do an Elder Scrolls every 5 years.

• 3 months later...

I have tried to play Skyrim before.

I love Fallout.

I also love open-world adventures.

I love and enjoy RPG element games.

Dragons are cool.

I've always struggled to get into Skyrim (PS3, XB1, PS4).

It's on sale on the Switch and I AM tempted - seeing as I love handheld consoles.

Sell it to me....

On 07/05/2022 at 13:48, Dodgyknees said:

I have tried to play Skyrim before.

I love Fallout.

I also love open-world adventures.

I love and enjoy RPG element games.

Dragons are cool.

I've always struggled to get into Skyrim (PS3, XB1, PS4).

It's on sale on the Switch and I AM tempted - seeing as I love handheld consoles.

Sell it to me....

Where did you get to when you tried before?

I’ve been replaying it recently and I’ve enjoyed it so much more this time around than when I played it before (PS3; now on PS5). I’ve basically just not bothered with the main quest line(s) and doing all of the random stuff with a mix of destruction magic and a war axe. Basically blow everything up until run out of mana and then slice them to death afterwards. 

With the update side of things there are few additional quests as well which adds more content. 

Â