Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

I'm telling you, battle mage.  Heavy armour. 100 enchanting. Free destruction spells, free conjuration spells.   You have unlimited minions, unlimited fireballs and can tank 2H melee guys.  

On 02/04/2020 at 12:52, Chindie said:

I picked up the PS4 version to have a crack at, and hadn't realised they'd added mods to that as well (albeit more limited). Queue literally 3 hours of messing around with various bits and bobs to make it look better and so on.

You can kinda see why Bethesda hates this game in many ways. They made a monster.

Any mods you'd recommend for a newbie like myself?

12 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Any mods you'd recommend for a newbie like myself?

It pretty much seems like the main recommended mods are the ones that are noted as the highest rated on the mod 'store'. You'll have to make a call on which graphic mods you prefer because there's a few options for weather and lighting that will override each other, otherwise it's kinda down to what you fancy.

First port of call is definitely the unofficial patch though. Which at this point is basically an official patch that Bethesda haven't signed off.

I've also done the rich merchants one, and there's a couple of mods which add a new 'faction' to the world, called Wolfbloods I think, which people rated. There's a similar one for vampires.

Id also recommend the dense grass mod. It just makes it look a bit more wild.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Jesus. That's the laziest of lazy ports.

They'll just be releasing the game again with a resolution boost and packing in a bunch of the 'curated' paid mods people have made for free. And a fishing mini game that will have taken **** all effort.

Wow.

Still can’t believe how great the Switch port is. It’s all you need. I didn’t like the changes to the PS4/XB1 versions in terms of the ridiculously warmer/hotter lighting and atmosphere. Switch looks like Vanilla Skyrim, harsh, blue and cold, but with all the dlc and extras. Best version imo. 

On 21/08/2021 at 20:12, Ingram85 said:

Still can’t believe how great the Switch port is. It’s all you need. I didn’t like the changes to the PS4/XB1 versions in terms of the ridiculously warmer/hotter lighting and atmosphere. Switch looks like Vanilla Skyrim, harsh, blue and cold, but with all the dlc and extras. Best version imo. 

Was considering getting this on the Switch (as I've never played Skyrim but have wanted to for ages) but didn't think it would run very well compared to Xbox etc, it plays OK then I guess?

• 2 months later...
On 20/08/2021 at 12:54, Chindie said:

Jesus. That's the laziest of lazy ports.

They'll just be releasing the game again with a resolution boost and packing in a bunch of the 'curated' paid mods people have made for free. And a fishing mini game that will have taken **** all effort.

Wow.

Guess who's upgraded to the PS5 version? YEEEEAAAAHHHH

It does look nice, and the framerate improvement is most welcomed. Looking forward to popping all those trophies for the 4th time :D

*I WILL NOT USE SNEAK OR A BOW*

• Like 1

Alteration and conjuration spamming when you're running through the wilderness to boost your levels 😂 also loved to get my shield out against crap opponents just to stat pad blocking skill tree. Man I miss playing Skyrim

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2021/nov/11/bethesda-todd-howard-on-10-years-of-skyrim

Full article on the link

‘The popularity just didn’t wane’: Bethesda’s Todd Howard on 10 years of Skyrim

Still played by millions, Bethesda’s 2011 fantasy RPG has become a touchstone in the video game world. Game director Todd Howard reflects on its development and legacy

The centre of your own universe … dragon combat included.
The centre of your own universe … dragon combat included.

Thu 11 Nov 2021 13.01 GMT

Last modified on Thu 11 Nov 2021 13.15 GMT

Is there anyone who’s played video games over the last 10 years who hasn’t played Skyrim? When it came out in 2011, this must surely have seemed to the outside world like one of the nerdiest games around: potions and spells, axes and swords, dark elves and giants and, of course, dragons. But Skyrim nevertheless became one of the most widely played games ever, a touchstone in the video game world, for players and developers alike. It has been re-released on every console and platform imaginable, to the point where it’s become a gaming in-joke. It’s still huge on YouTube and TikTok, even with people who were little kids when it came out. At a wedding a few weeks ago, I met someone whose wife had played Skyrim as her first ever game; a decade later, she’s still playing it.

Skyrim was made at Bethesda Game Studios by a team of around 100 people – far fewer than the 400-strong team working on its forthcoming game, Starfield. Coming straight from wrapping up development on Fallout 3, a post-nuclear-apocalypse role playing game, the team quickly found a tone and direction that they were excited by. Unlike The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2006), a glossy, classical high-fantasy set in the most gilded area of the world of Tamriel, Skyrim is grimy and cold. Its aesthetic is more Nordic: furs and leather, snow and stone. If Oblivion felt like a Roman legend, and its intriguingly weird predecessor Morrowind resembled a tattered novel from an unknown author plucked from the back of the fantasy shelf at your local library, Skyrim is like one of those brutal Scandinavian folk stories where someone always gets an axe to the head.

1 hour ago, ismail-villa said:

Time to play this a third time, on PS5 now. I'll still forever hate Draugrs and those bastard underground blind elves (forgot the name). 

Falmer bastards.

My first Dwarven Centurion was the one. What a tool. Totally wasn't ready for that fight.

• Like 1

Â