Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

I have this modded to the max on PC and it's still running full tilt (just about). 

I have far more trees and dense foliage going on, more animals roaming around like deer etc. 

Water enhancements and better natural weather patterns, improved sky at night etc. 

It really is amazing on PC. 

Like with Oblivion I got so wrapped up in the world I used to dream about being characters in that world, and not only that I would also remember the map and which way to walk etc. 

madness. 

• 3 months later...

I couldn't find an Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion thread, and didn't think this question warranted starting a new thread..

After completing Skyrim I thought i'd give oblivion a go, i recently bought it for PC and play it at work on my laptop,

However after spending 30+ hours on it i seem to have obtained this curse where i keep dying due to being a vampire or something, it doesn't let me fast travel anywhere due to this curse and within a few minutes i die. I'd like to keep playing this game as it kills the time like nothing else (maybe football manager) but I really don't fancy starting over from scratch.

Any ideas how to remove this vampire curse?

Thanks Ponky, I jus tried that as I had left the game in my drawer here at work so I just loaded it up.

Trouble is it doesn't let me fast travel to the Imperial City due to "You cannot travel while taking health damage", if I try to walk there physically I barely cover any distance before this disease kills me.  I then thought to use a healing spell whilst walking, but I can only recover a small amount at a time compared to how much I get taken off every few seconds due to the curse.

I really am stuck.

Have you tried travelling only at night and finding somewhere to sleep during the day?

You may also need to find some victims to feed on to give you the strength you need to cover the distance.

Otherwise sounds like you may need to revert to an earlier save if you have one.

• 2 months later...

Just loaded up this with my new laptop.

My God it is glorious. With all the mods adding scenery in the cities, the water and snow mods, it's one of the nivest looking games I've played. The best thing is it still runs at 60fps locked at ultra and with the mods.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are you interested in Fallout 4?  I'm curious if your time with Skyrim will negatively impact on your experience with Fallout as the two franchises tend to follow quite similar formulas. 

Oh, and get the Sanguine Rose. 

Are you interested in Fallout 4?  I'm curious if your time with Skyrim will negatively impact on your experience with Fallout as the two franchises tend to follow quite similar formulas. 

If it's taken you this long to start Skyrim, I'm guessing Fallout 4 won't be a day one purchase. 

Sanguine Rose is great and all, but it won't build skills. I try avoid using it, unless I'm in really deep trouble. If you use conjuration magic more intelligently you can improve the skill and still give the enemies someone else to concern themselves with while you pick them off with arrows. I think it's overpowered and a cheat in truth. Not that I'm against cheating. I've been getting my smithing up to gangbusters by creating dwarven stuff. The internets has a name for it. Doing really tedious work to get the skill up. Anyway I'm up to glass armor and weapons now and am one shotting most things, especially with my enchantments.

Such a good game. I'm afraid to have it in my xbox because I know if I start playing it, I'll kill hours and hours on it. It's going in right now. Thanks guys

Well i played Fallout 3 around 18 months ago and loved it.  I prefer the story and atmosphere in Fallout to Skyrim, but i like the more varied world of Skyrim.

I only bought my first ever console 3 years ago, so have been playing massive catch-up over the past 3 years.

But this is going to be my last game for the PS3 and then i'll move onto the PS4.

• 4 weeks later...

Completed Mage College main questline, Companions questline, Dark Brotherhood questline, Thieves main questline.

Played 95 hours, level 58 in 10 weeks.

Going to complete Imperial & Main questlines, along with Daedric and some side quests, then call it completed.

Completed Mage College main questline, Companions questline, Dark Brotherhood questline, Thieves main questline.

Played 95 hours, level 58 in 10 weeks.

Going to complete Imperial & Main questlines, along with Daedric and some side quests, then call it completed.

You've got two lots of DLC yet. 

Really wish they'd port this to the PS4. I'd love to go through it again.

Just get a semi decent PC/laptop... With the mods added the game looks incredible. 

Not having a PC, what sort of mods are we talking about?  Does it make much difference to the game?

Really wish they'd port this to the PS4. I'd love to go through it again.

Just get a semi decent PC/laptop... With the mods added the game looks incredible. 

Not having a PC, what sort of mods are we talking about?  Does it make much difference to the game?

Bug fixes, fan-made maps (someone made the entire Mines of Moria) but for me the graphic improvements are the most impressive. There are enhanced graphics available for every city, improvements water and fire to make it look real. I was gobsmacked the first time I loaded up the mods. Not to mention you can run it at 4K and 60fps+

Edited by villarule123

Â