Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Does anyone know if Beyond Skyrim was ever finished?

I doubt it considering the scale, but I'll be impressed if they've even got it to a stage where one or two of the regions are playable and fun.

As far as I'm aware Beyond Skyrim: Bruma released.

Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay, Roscrea, Morrowind, Elsweyr and Atmora are still in some stage of development. 

Beyond Skyrim: Morrowind got a pre-release announcement at the start of 2019 so is likely next to be released, but the whole Beyond Skyrim project will likely still be in development when Elder Scrolls 6 launches in 2023/2024.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Strange question I'm sure......

I am tempted to buy skyrim (enhanced), looks a good game.

I know it's an old game, but is it worth purchasing in 2020?

I suppose my main concern is do the graphics hold up,?, does the gameplay hold up still?  Is it still "modern" enough to not just seem like I'm playing a game that is 10 + years old?

Edited by MaVilla

19 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I suppose my main concern is do the graphics hold up,?, does the gameplay hold up still?  Is it still "modern" enough to not just seem like I'm playing a game that is 10 + years old?

Skyrim is ageless. Buy it, play it, lose yourself in it 

• Like 2

On 03/01/2020 at 21:58, MaVilla said:

Bought the PS4 version last year and squeezed every last drop out of it.  Had a great time.  Originally had it on the last gen of consoles but never got round to finishing it.  Absolutely worth your time.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Going full mage with heavy armour on this play through, and I'm heading down the Alteration tree.  Paralyse is a hilarious spell. 😅

I could never get on with Full Mage. Too underpowered at the start, always ended up going Battlemage to supplement the lack of attack.

You get the Sanguine Rose early and it's entirety feasible.  I think I used archery a lot until about level 15, now I just smoke fools. Got 100% discount on destruction spells and I'm hoping for the fortify alteration enchant but I'm not sure it exists. If it does then my character can chain cast the master spells and become an unstoppable killing machine. 

• 2 months later...

Redownloaded this last night in preparation for a lockdown. Figured it's something I can play hours on or sneak half an hour here and there. Downloaded a few mods (Hunters Lodge by Riverwood, sharper textures, weather etc...) and created my guy.

Going Breton Spellsword. Rotating between illusion, alteration and restoration. Think I might go heavy armour this time round for a bit more protection. Debating conjuration too but will see how I go.

• Like 1

The VR version of this is 17 pounds in the store including all the DLC.  Seeing how we're all going to have a bit of time in the house for a while I thought I'd give it a go.

On 23/03/2020 at 11:16, Dante_Lockhart said:

Redownloaded this last night in preparation for a lockdown. Figured it's something I can play hours on or sneak half an hour here and there. Downloaded a few mods (Hunters Lodge by Riverwood, sharper textures, weather etc...) and created my guy.

Going Breton Spellsword. Rotating between illusion, alteration and restoration. Think I might go heavy armour this time round for a bit more protection. Debating conjuration too but will see how I go.

My second playthrough is full on nuclear bomb.  Got a full set of Daedric heavy armour, enchanted to make destruction spells free and now I can tank three or four Draugr Deathlords at a time and come out without breaking a sweat.   It's a ridiculously overpowered build. 

On 03/01/2020 at 21:58, MaVilla said:

100% worth it 👍

Edited by terrytini
Oops didn’t see how old the OP was 🥴

Note on your edit @terrytini - it's still useful to me as I was looking to ask the same question!

I just need to decide now whether to get the version for the Switch or wait until I buy an Xbox One X (if I do - currently thinking about it but haven't got as far as actually getting one!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troglodyte said:

Note on your edit @terrytini - it's still useful to me as I was looking to ask the same question!

I just need to decide now whether to get the version for the Switch or wait until I buy an Xbox One X (if I do - currently thinking about it but haven't got as far as actually getting one!)

Well fwiw I’ve played it on the X box One, the X Box One X, the PS3, and the Switch.

I actually enjoyed the Switch most even though it was starting again on a game I’d already played countless hours on. Felt more engaged.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

What was it that made you feel more engaged on the Switch? I kind of assumed that the One X would be the better experience because the machine is so much more powerful.

Using the motion controls. Very immersive when fighting, defending, casting spells etc.

I loved it on the One X because of the wide sweep of the World - I love roaming around open world games - but maybe having already played it through on earlier machines it didn’t grab me, whereas on the Switch it acquired a new life. There’s now other games which ( in my view) can trump it for travelling the world ( like AC Odyssey) so the dimension added by the motion controllers is what would make me recommend that out the two, especially as you already have the Switch.

I picked up the PS4 version to have a crack at, and hadn't realised they'd added mods to that as well (albeit more limited). Queue literally 3 hours of messing around with various bits and bobs to make it look better and so on.

You can kinda see why Bethesda hates this game in many ways. They made a monster.

Â