Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

I wouldn't be surprised if it were a 2017 game, I would be surprised if it went beyond 2018.   

1994 - Elder Scrolls: Arena

1996 - Daggerfall

2002 - Morrowind

2006 - Oblivion

2011 - Skyrim

It's obviously not coming out this year, but 2017 will be a six year gap between games which is a hell of a long time considering the post Morrowind popularity of the series.   If I were a gambling man I'd say an announcement by this time next year and released either Xmas 2017 or Easter 2018. 

Bethesda's 'Vice President of PR', Pete Hines;

There's been some spin on that by certain sites that it means the game isn't in development at all - which would be a bit of a shocker. It could, though, just mean they aren't working on it at the moment and have done some pre-production on it. I certainly hope so. Couple that with what director Todd Howard said the a few weeks ago though...

...we actually have two other large projects we're also doing that are bigger than anything we've done. People will probably hear about those probably even before Elder Scrolls 6. And that'll make sense many years from now.

We think very long-term. We're not a developer that's going to rush something like this out. When you think about what is the future of that kind of game, we have a pretty good idea of what that's going to be, and it's just going to take technology and time we don't necessarily have right now.

IGN

...and it could be a wait of, what, 3 years or so? Man.

• 3 months later...

Can't believe I'm excited about playing this all over again. Managed to get the 'remaster' or 'slightly better god ray filter' version - as is more appropriate - for £29 at Smyths. Roll on Friday morning. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Can't believe I'm excited about playing this all over again. Managed to get the 'remaster' or 'slightly better god ray filter' version - as is more appropriate - for £29 at Smyths. Roll on Friday morning. 

Same here mate. I never took to ES online, but I put hundreds of hours into this on PS3 and looking forward to doing it again. Probably end up making the same story choices too, I had Faendal as follower and Aela as her indoors

Yeah I've installed about 5 or 6 so far on xb1.

- Unofficial bug patch

- Streetlamps along paths/roads.

- Wet & cold - see your breath in the cold, water drips off you after swimming, wet clothes etc...

- Signposts - more of them with more directions to lesser villages/towns

- Volumetric snow and no snow under roofs

plus a few more little detail enhancers, none of the massive ones though. Only downside is they deactivate the achievements but I'm not too fussed about that personally.

No game in the current gen has scratched that itch quite like skyrim did. Neither the Witcher (combat) nor Inquisition (questing) did it for me.

I quite like having a few cheat mods on. The ring of carry and rich merchants are a must to stop the general faffing around.

I haven't killed Lydia yet so my archery is getting better.

17 hours ago, RunRickyRun said:

No game in the current gen has scratched that itch quite like skyrim did. Neither the Witcher (combat) nor Inquisition (questing) did it for me.

I quite like having a few cheat mods on. The ring of carry and rich merchants are a must to stop the general faffing around.

I haven't killed Lydia yet so my archery is getting better.

Same here with the Witcher! It just wasnt Skyrim for me, which i know is a truly pathetic way of looking at it. 

22 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Same here with the Witcher! It just wasnt Skyrim for me, which i know is a truly pathetic way of looking at it. 

yeah, Witcher was amazing and parts of it were better than Skyrim.

But it didn't have the magical feel of Skyrim. 

On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 19:23, Ingram85 said:

By the nines it's good to go back!

I wasn't going to get it, but I cracked and picked it up earlier.

You're right, it is a nice feeling to see some of the familar places again. 

Edited by Designer1

16 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I wasn't going to get it, but I cracked and picked it up earlier.

You're right, it is a nice feeling to see some of the familar places again. 

Get the vivid weather mod!

I've got 4 Nuka-World DLC trophies left to get then I've got everything for FO4. Once the mods are released for that I'll start a new play through with them installed.

After I've had my wicked way with Skyrim of course.

Mods deactivate achievements? That's shit. 

Am I the only one who loved the shit out of this game, but has absolutely no intention of playing it all again, just cos it looks better? So many other things worth investing time in. 

33 minutes ago, hogso said:

Am I the only one who loved the shit out of this game, but has absolutely no intention of playing it all again, just cos it looks better? So many other things worth investing time in. 

They can be used to cheat for pretty much every achievement, it's not worth even having them if you can get them with mods enabled.

On 11/5/2016 at 18:55, hogso said:

Yeah same, I've been in two minds. But I never completed it last time because I spent so much time messing about, exploring and doing misc objectives. Plus I have a terrible memory so it'll mostly feel like new again.

Â