Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

Not sure finishing the story should be a reason to go back to it - assuming that's what you mean. Seeing as the story is a bit, well, rubbish. If you spent your time messing around away from the main story then you've done the best bits I'd wager.

On 05/11/2016 at 19:29, Davkaus said:

They can be used to cheat for pretty much every achievement, it's not worth even having them if you can get them with mods enabled.

Potentially they could, sure. Although, wouldn't it make more sense to disable acheivements if the mods were things other than, I dunno, enhanced weather, unofficial patches, spruced up towns, etc. which would have zero effect on achievements and are surely the most popular - at least they were when I was using mods on PC for it.

• Like 2

I've completely fell in love with this game all over again.

It's absolutely fantastic.

@DK82 If I were you Den, just get to the first main town (Riverwood) and pick up a few quests, get a couple of bits of equipment together and get yourself to Whiterun. This is a good place to visit early on as there's a waggon there that can take you to all the major cities (once you've visited them you'll be able to fast travel to them at your leisure).

Don't get too hung up on build / stats / specs early on as the game allows you to be quite flexible and you're never really locked in to a particular fighting style.

Other than that, the most fun is to be had by just exploring. You'll come across a ridiculous amount of quests/missions on your travels and will find yourself engrossed with the world and it's inhabitants pretty quickly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I've completely fell in love with this game all over again.

It's absolutely fantastic.

@DK82 If I were you Den, just get to the first main town (Riverwood) and pick up a few quests, get a couple of bits of equipment together and get yourself to Whiterun. This is a good place to visit early on as there's a waggon there that can take you to all the major cities (once you've visited them you'll be able to fast travel to them at your leisure).

Don't get too hung up on build / stats / specs early on as the game allows you to be quite flexible and you're never really locked in to a particular fighting style.

Other than that, the most fun is to be had by just exploring. You'll come across a ridiculous amount of quests/missions on your travels and will find yourself engrossed with the world and it's inhabitants pretty quickly.

Sweet. thanks for the advice. It looks exactly like the sort of game I would really enjoy, I cannot explain why I didn't get into it on the 360. I understand the system and how it works, as I love Fallout, and it's the sort of game which attracts me. I'll definitely take your advice though and have a look at those towns. Just got to wait for it to finish downloading...god I wish it would hurry up!

On 11/7/2016 at 10:11, Paddywhack said:

Yeah same, I've been in two minds. But I never completed it last time because I spent so much time messing about, exploring and doing misc objectives. Plus I have a terrible memory so it'll mostly feel like new again.

ive got the carry weight ring, and ebony armour etc. which is the absolute limit of my "cheating". i resisted adding mods for so long, as in terms of "mods" used, i have never used any since the amiga days of "cracked" copied infinite lives type things. Has been FM on PC and ps4 unmodded games all the way.... but since they released these for Skyrim i was happy to get the game again, but having done it to death on PS3, i thought , well that was a good 300 hour save.... so .... yeah im taking a slight shortcut. the armour isnt THAT superior, prob just 3 times better than steel. so i made peace with limiting my mod use to the ring and armour.

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

PS4 :thumb:

Cool.

Some of the textures are still a bit meh, but it does look rather lovely in lot's of places. The lighting has been done very well indeed and the extended draw distance is great for when you're up high and fancy a look around.

One thing that's a HUGE improvement is the loading times when you fast travel / enter a building or dungeon. It was ridiculous on the PS3.

36 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Cool.

Some of the textures are still a bit meh, but it does look rather lovely in lot's of places. The lighting has been done very well indeed and the extended draw distance is great for when you're up high and fancy a look around.

One thing that's a HUGE improvement is the loading times when you fast travel / enter a building or dungeon. It was ridiculous on the PS3.

Looking forward to cracking on with it now... still waiting for it to download. Welcome to the Isle of Wight! :D

Skyrim came out five years ago today did it not? 11.11.11 

It's a fantastic game.  I've said it a few times in this thread, but get stuck into the main questline fairly early.  There is a ton of wonderful side content and for some people it seemed to be come a point of pride to not do the main quest and advertise it to everyone. The thing is the main quest unlocks several really fun abilities which make the game better imo. FUS DO RAH! 

(oh, and if I started again I'd probably play as one of the cat people) 

It's a totally different game to The Elder Scrolls Online.  

Oh, and you probably know this already and it is just a reality of Isle of Wight internet, but the PS4 downloads faster in rest mode than it does if you leave it on. 

2 hours ago, The_Rev said:

It's a totally different game to The Elder Scrolls Online.  

Oh, and you probably know this already and it is just a reality of Isle of Wight internet, but the PS4 downloads faster in rest mode than it does if you leave it on. 

Aye I know it's different, it just made me want to play a game like this. 

As for the rest mode, I usually do but I was using Sky at the time - and that struggles enough as it is. 

Yeah. The reward is awesome too, especially if you play as a caster.   The whole Daedric artifacts questline is great, I love that they decided to go bonkers with it. :)

• Like 2

Â