Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

Trying waiting when in Whiterun just outside the Blacksmiths place. That's where I got attacked. I was waiting for her shop to open and when it completed the waiting period there they were. If not then head to Windhelm Docks and see if there is a boatman there, you might be able to 'pay passage' to get to Solstheim.

• 1 month later...

Is Hearthfire the greatest DLC ever? I think it might be.

I bought the legendary pack in the steam sale, so I finally have it running on PC with various mods. It looks fantastic.

I saved 5k gold, not too far in to the game, as a bosmer archer. About level 9. I was going to buy the Whiterun house, but wanted to gave a look at the build your own thing, and exactly how it worked.

Fortunately I got a letter via courier from the Jarl of Falkreath, inviting me to do a job, and the promise of land thereafter. One radial quest later, and I was able to by land on a hill overlooking the lake for my 5k.

Ive been doing nothing else but building since. Forget all that dragonborn rubbish. I'm just going to build my house and leave Skyrim to it.

I guess it wouldn't really appeal to a lot of people, but it's been a absolute joy for me. It works wonderfully well. Just the right balance between being easy to do, but having to get hold of enough resources to build everything.

I have - entryway, main hall, bedroom wing, library tower, and trophy hall. Then I'll start on the interior, adopt some kids, get a steward...well done Bethesda. You're forgiven for the horse armour with this.

I loved building Lakeview Manor on mine. I must have spent hours grinding for materials and money to do it up proper.

I turned up back to my house once and a Giant was roaming around outside. I told him to get off my land and cocked my Crossbow. He's dead now. Shame I couldn't mount his head above the front door.

Hell yeah.  

JV8ORUk.jpg

118 hours played with no DLC and one quest line I didn't even touch.   It is a hell of a lot of game for £18. 

Does £17.99 for the legendary edition represent good value as I see it's a discount day(w/e?) on Steam? Or do they often do that kind of discount?

As Rev points out, it's a great game and has a ridiculous amount of play for £18, so is definitely worth it - assuming you have the time to put in to it, I guess.

On regards to the actual price, the largest of the DLC, Dragonborn, is £13 on its own when not on sale on steam. That's the pack and price I paid for it when it was on sale a few weeks ago. If you miss, it's almost certain to come round again sometime.

My knowledge of graphics cards is limited to Nvidia, so I have no clue how good/bad new/old that card is. Google can I run it, and it'll test your system against the benchmark.

A couple of the pages say that it will run and one says that it won't so I guess that even if it does, it won't work very well.

Perhaps it'll push me to get a decentish graphics card (the one I have was an emergency replacement when my previous one died).

Thanks very much for the pointer(s).

• 5 months later...

Did anybody p

So I started playing this.

Wasn't sold until I dropped equipment for the first time. Amazeballs.

Now I just pick stuff up to drop it.

Did anyone ever play the original XCOM enemy unknown?  I loved doing nothing more than picking up the corpses of fallen comrades and throwing them.

• 2 weeks later...

So far I've stuck to the main story and had little time to explore and get into crafting etc.

I joined the companions and I'll probably do their shit and explore the different aspects of the game for a while because the next main mission is a million miles away and the closest place I can fast travel too is still a million miles away.

Â