SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

How is the N'Zogbia deal looking likely? If anything, it's looking less and less likely.

Everton will probably sell Jagielka and have enough fee to bid N'Zogbia before Paul Faulkner remembers he's suppose to be working.

I mean, weren't some of our fans saying he'll be ours this week or the reason why McLeish was stopping over the weekend was to sort out this deal? So what's happened then? Nothing. The conspiracy theories are insane like they were during the manager search when all along the truth is staring you right in the face. The board are doing a lousy job. That cannot be fixed. Putting faith in those guys is asking for a deathwish.

Brilliant.

truth is staring you right in the face.

So what do we know?

Aston Villa are the only team in for N'Zogbia. Quite close in terms of valuation with a few media even now saying we've agreed a fee.

Oh wait, no. That's not the truth!

The truth is:

Everton will probably sell Jagielka and have enough fee to bid N'Zogbia

forgetting they even need to replace Jagielka himself..

Nice. :thumb:

Whoah, hang on a second.

Where did I say Everton couldn't replace Jagielka as well? Afterall, they've turned down a 10m bid Arsenal and it seems they've upped their bid. If they accept a minimum of 15m, this could give them the oppertunity of bidding for N'Zogbia and finding Jagielka's replacement. Afterall, Moyes is good in the transfer market for spotting players on the cheap.

We've made a bid for 9m, it got turned down and we've done nothing since. If Everton come in and offer 10m, game over.

How is the N'Zogbia deal looking likely? If anything, it's looking less and less likely.

Everton will probably sell Jagielka and have enough fee to bid N'Zogbia before Paul Faulkner remembers he's suppose to be working.

I mean, weren't some of our fans saying he'll be ours this week or the reason why McLeish was stopping over the weekend was to sort out this deal? So what's happened then? Nothing. The conspiracy theories are insane like they were during the manager search when all along the truth is staring you right in the face. The board are doing a lousy job. That cannot be fixed. Putting faith in those guys is asking for a deathwish.

Brilliant.

truth is staring you right in the face.

So what do we know?

Aston Villa are the only team in for N'Zogbia. Quite close in terms of valuation with a few media even now saying we've agreed a fee.

Oh wait, no. That's not the truth!

The truth is:

Everton will probably sell Jagielka and have enough fee to bid N'Zogbia

forgetting they even need to replace Jagielka himself..

Nice. :thumb:

Whoah, hang on a second.

Where did I say Everton couldn't replace Jagielka as well? Afterall, they've turned down a 10m bid Arsenal and it seems they've upped their bid. If they accept a minimum of 15m, this could give them the oppertunity of bidding for N'Zogbia and finding Jagielka's replacement. Afterall, Moyes is good in the transfer market for spotting players on the cheap.

We've made a bid for 9m, it got turned down and we've done nothing since. If Everton come in and offer 10m, game over.

You missed the point though really didn't you.

Your face of truth is based on some theory you think may happen while you ignore the fact the current truth (what smacks us right in the face) is the fact we're the only team currently in for N'Zogbia, are fairly close in terms of valuation.

I'd say it again. We made a bid for 9m. It got turned down because Whelan wants 10m. We're not willing to budge the asking fee.

How is it likely for us to still get N'Zogbia when there's still plenty of time for Everton to sell their defender for a high price and get him? We've already sold our players and done bugger all apart from paid a whole sum of 3.5m on a goalkeeper.

There's a reason why Whelan is playing the waiting game. He knows other clubs will come up with the asking price soon enough when they sell some of their players.

We've done nothing for nearly a week since the bid was rejected, so I have no idea why you still think it's likely we'll get him.

I'd say it again. We made a bid for 9m. It got turned down because Whelan wants 10m. We're not willing to budge the asking fee.

How is it likely for us to still get N'Zogbia when there's still plenty of time for Everton to sell their defender for a high price and get him? We've already sold our players and done bugger all apart from paid a whole sum of 3.5m on a goalkeeper.

There's a reason why Whelan is playing the waiting game. He knows other clubs will come up with the asking price soon enough when they sell some of their players.

We've done nothing for nearly a week since the bid was rejected, so I have no idea why you still think it's likely we'll get him.

The fact that you say we've done nothing for nearly a week with regard to N'Zogbia suggests that you are on a wind up OnlyOne. Do you honestly believe that there has been no communication between Villa and Wigan in the past few days?

This will never get done. We're **** arsing about for no reason. The General has stated time and again that Randy will back his manager, and that transfer fees arent a problem

We then bank 38m on top of that statement

Either we don't really want him or the General is telling us porkies

I swear I read somewhere that we've offered 10 mil... has this been proven/disproven by ITKs?

todays papers suggested a deal was struck last night and N'Zogbia would cut short his Dubai trip to complete the deal.

I guess some people really want another team to sign him so it would be a failure on the club's behalf... :|

I swear I read somewhere that we've offered 10 mil... has this been proven/disproven by ITKs?

todays papers suggested a deal was struck last night and N'Zogbia would cut short his Dubai trip to complete the deal.

I guess some people really want another team to sign him so it would be a failure on the club's behalf... :|

As much as it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get him, the evidence does seem to point to him joining very soon :)

I don't believe it is as black and white as you paint it.

On fan message boards everything is black and white. There are no shades of grey

I don't believe it is as black and white as you paint it.

On fan message boards everything is black and white. There are no shades of grey

Indeed. It disappoints me when strong accusations are thrown around when none of us know the FULL FACTS of private and complex situations.

Do I think N'Zogbia will be joining us? I don't know, let's wait and see. :)

it isn't 1982/1993 anymore.

What does that even mean ?

We're told by the owners right hand man that we have money for transfers, and that we don't need to sell to buy. And that in the long run selling Downing and Young will be seen as good business. On top of that its also been said the team will be stronger this season than last.

Those things HAVE been said. But as we know, it's easy to say things and believe if you say it enough it'll come true.

It's a lot harder to back it up.

It took ages to sort the Given deal out. The player said this himself at the PC.

Whelan mentioned 3 agents being involved in the sale of CNZ.

CNZ appears to still be in Dubai, he's just tweeted from there.... so unless this is a cover he's NOT interrupted his trip to fly back

to BMH. Surely any Doctor's would be out in HK in anycase with Villa squad?

We heard for days that Given was having medicals and even when he'd been seen at BMH it still seemed to take

ages for their to be an official announcement.

Should we all just adopt the stance "If this is not announced by 10pm tonight... SACK THE BOARD???"

It's ridiculous!

Given for 3.5m, then NZog for 10m, and Parker for 6.5m (just my opinion) = £20m = i would take those three in a swap for Downing's £20m before he left.

Then use AY's money for Vargas + some more. Job Done :clap:

I think it's time to accept that the money we got for Ashley Young is going to be used to help us balance the massive losses we've been making in recent years rather than on new players. I think we're really looking at lowering our wages, but that can't be done overnight, especially since we have players like Warnock, Beye, Luke Young, Heskey, etc. with little left on their contracts that no one will take on their current salaries. As older players like the ones above go off the payroll after this season, I think we'll be trying to get some combination of our youth or younger players on lower wages in as their replacements. I think the end of the tunnel may be in sight wage-wise after we released so many players at the end of this season and will release more after next season. I for one will feel much more comfortable about the future state of the club if we can get on more self-sustaining footing. Then again, I don't know all of the exact numbers, so I could be totally wrong.

That being said, I think N'Zogbia and (hopefully) Parker will slot right into the wage bill to replace some combination of Downing, Young, and (looking increasingly likely) Cuellar. Even adding those two players, we will have cut the wage bill significantly this summer.

Well that's got me told! :)

I just think Twitter is no better than "my mate down the pub knows someone". You have no proof that the players' identities are authentic, anyway.

But, as I implied, the whole tweeting business just gets on my tits. I won't mention it again.

Ok jus got in and haven't read the few updated pages beforehand, but I tweeted CNZ to meet at a bar called West 14th on The Palm where I live in Dubai. He tweeted back asking if it was any good an may pop down after dinner. In all fairness it was shit in there tonight so went to another bar....

Anyway met briefly with CNZ and he's quite a quiet lad. Asked him about the Villa and he was pretty coy, but then asked him about SAFC and he said "no". Didn't get anymore out of him but if I could guess from the body language I would say he will be a Villa player very soon.