SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

No they are not. It's not about ambition, it's about strategy.

OK then let's just ask when was the last time EFC signed a player?

Compare and contrast how much AVFC have spent on players in the same time period.

Ah so you are @bobchuwah...

I am indeed :oops:

There goes my Bruce Wayne style alter ego.... :oops:

Oh you did meet him then? I saw the tweets earlier

You are a Villa fan and I said earlier to a few via twitter that what a flipping tease CNZ is to choose his only tweet of the day to be sent to a Villa fan in Dubai.

Course I would have shared that on the board but NO VT doesn't like twitter...

Au contraire. VT LOVES Twitter. It just seems to be me that doesn't.

I think half the trouble may well be the actual words "Twitter" and "tweet", which - I think it was our Singapore G.I. that said it first - sound... ghey.

Very strange...

I still think he'll go to Everton.

and how in gods name will they pay for him, more skint than we are.

What strategy do Everton have then? Yes, they are skint. They may get a decent wedge of cash for Jagielka in the near future, they may not. Until that time they don't have a pot to piss in.

We, on the other hand, have money.

I dont know if anyones posted this but;

#Villa have privately agreed to meet Wigan's valuation of #N'Zogbia and he will have a medical and discuss terms at the weekend. #avfc #wafc

19 Jul

Not likely to be a full media announcement on N'Zogbia until at least the end of the week as the deal needs rubber stamping from both ends.

Charles N'Zogbia has been left at home as #Wigan go on pre-season tour. Wonder why? #avfc

Compare and contrast how much AVFC have spent on players in the same time period.

Villa strategy failed... we all know that. Because of oil money in Manchester. But obviously our strategy has changed. We are a 7-12th club now. We should know that.

Villa strategy failed... we all know that. Because of oil money in Manchester. But obviously our strategy has changed. We are a 7-12th club now. We should know that.

What has any of that got to with Everton being skint? Or especially Charles N'Zogbia?

Very strange...

I still think he'll go to Everton.

and how in gods name will they pay for him, more skint than we are.

What strategy do Everton have then? Yes, they are skint. They may get a decent wedge of cash for Jagielka in the near future, they may not. Until that time they don't have a pot to piss in.

We, on the other hand, have money.

To be a top7 club.

We probably have money but sadly there is nothing we can do with it. Money just isn't enough. And besides we don't have enough.

I see, so our initial strategy to be better than Everton hasn't come off, so we're now in the same group as Everton, albeit with more money - I understand. We now essentially have the same ambition as Everton, although our strategy involves buying players.

So if I get you right; you're basically saying he'd have to be crazy to join the wrong one of two very similar clubs, even if it is the only one that currently has the money to pay for him?

What has any of that got to with Everton being skint? Or especially Charles N'Zogbia?

Nothing to do with N'Zogbia. But we are "in the same boat". 7th is the best we can do. Unless one or two of the top6 fail.

there isnt a lot of difference between us and everton tbh, we r very similar clubs with similar policys, we know that theyre worse off than us but we are not that much better off to make a difference... so nzogbia will either come here or go there, only advantage we have is that we can buy him now lol, everton have to wait

So if I get you right; you're basically saying he'd have to be crazy to join the wrong one of two very similar clubs, even if it is the only one that currently has the money to pay for him?

Did anyone mention Everton already had a bid accepted for Zog earlier in the Summer but couldn't find the spare change down the back of the settee apparently to make up the downpayment.

Hence Moyes' retort to Everton fans last week at a friendly when asked if they were signing N'Zogbia

"I wish"

I see, so our initial strategy to be better than Everton hasn't come off, so we're now in the same group as Everton, albeit with more money - I understand. We now essentially have the same ambition as Everton, although our strategy involves buying players.

In my opinion Aston Villa = Everton (success wise). And I think Everton have got the money (we just don't think they have).

But I would like us to sign the player immediately!

EDIT; Translation error :oops:

Nothing to do with N'Zogbia. But we are "in the same boat". 7th is the best we can do. Unless one or two of the top6 fail.

I'm fully aware of our current status within the perimeters of the league, that doesn't need repeating on this thread.

Still not entirely sure what makes you think Everton have any money.

I'm fully aware of our current status within the perimeters of the league, that doesn't need repeating on this thread.

Still not entirely sure what makes you think Everton have any money.

Well I don't know. But I'm not sure they don't have the money. Everton are a big club (like Villa). Aren't they?

Nicely done. What was his responses about Villa? a bit of a "I don't know/we'll see..." sort of answers?

It was more of a chuckle followed by no response. I felt he'd been led into the lions den a little so didn't push too much but told him of the overwhelming fan's desire to see him at VP.

he was cool though, really nice chap in fact. Can't say for sure that he's joining but I wouldn't put much credence into a bid from SAFC.

Told him about the club and the history (without trying to seem like a stalker) and he seemed well versed in the stature of the club.

That's all I can say I'm afraid

Well done you BTW!