SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

I actually think N'Zogbia could very well turn out to be a better player than Young. He has better dribbbling ability and more tricks. If he does sign for us then our manager with his defensive background might also get that tracking back issue sorted?

He could either sort out the tracking back or organise the team so they don't have to track back as much. Be nice to have our attacking players in dangerous positions more often instead of outside our own box and having the length of the pitch to run.

Not to mention N'Zog is comfortable at full-back (in the same way that Bale and Vargas are comfortable at full-back, i.e. they played there earlier in their career) and he's fairly defensively sound, though his tracking back may not be up to scratch. In that sense he's the opposite of Downing, with Downing having a good work rate but a pretty awful tackle.

N'Zogbia isn't a better player than Young, however I believe he will be BETTER for Villa. He will happily play on the wing and not insist on a free role and taking every set piece (that said his free kicks are better than Youngs) would love him at VP

Very good player, would welcome him. I actually think he's a better technical player than Young but his workrate isn't anywhere near as good. Admittedly workrate counts for a lot, especially in this league, but hopefully AMc can instill that side of things in to him a bit more...

I've known wars take less 'preperation' than this bid

It seems we've been preparing to make one for about 3 weeks

theyre counting it out in 2's & 1's - but keep losing count at £8,999, 123.06 and having to re-start !!

This is a very important signing for the club, as he is very similar to Ashley Young in many ways.

Perhaps not as good, but last season he was thrilling at the end!

He does have a number of clubs after him, besides us. So going on previous episodes from the past, it may not be all plain sailing, because if the rumours of him being a greedy git are true, then his agent is going to play this out to the full.

In other words, lets not get to excited just yet :lol:

I think he is a better player than AYoung, he is more of a goal threat, for me plays of a striker better, and is more of a team player for me.

I liked AYoung, fantastic work ethic, great commitment, not sure his delivery and awareness is top quality.Good luck to him, despite going there, but i will be interested to see how he gets on at Ure.

Its currently the top story on teamtalk.com that Villa are ready to launch a bid of around 9 million for him

Aston Villa are reportedly set to launch a bid of around £9million for Wigan's France international winger Charles N'Zogbia.

The Wigan Evening Post claims Villa are favourites to land the 25-year-old and are expected to firm up their interest with a substantial bid in the coming days.

New Villa Park boss Alex McLeish is desperate for a wideman to replace Ashley Young, who has moved to Manchester United, while he could also be set to lose Stewart Downing to Liverpool.

McLeish almost signed N'Zogbia for Birmingham last summer but the move fell through due to the Frenchman's high wage demands.

However, Villa should be able to offer a more lucrative contract as they attempt to see off competition from rival Premier League clubs for N'Zogbia. Liverpool, Sunderland and Everton have all been linked with the winger in recent weeks, as well as his former club Newcastle.

http://tinyurl.com/68uobbn

To sell Ash and NZogbia in for a profit is not bad business at all in my opinion.

I think Ash has better football intelligence but NZogbia unquestionably has more talent and can be pretty devastating at times.

Be interesting to see him alongside some decent players rather than Wigan