SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

That's my one major concern over him; his ego. He does seem to think he's vastly better than he actually is. I remember he was constantly touting alleged moves to Arsenal and the like whenever his Newcastle-form dipped, and yet none of the big boys came calling.

I think he'd be good for us, but almost equally as frustrating.

Good but equally frustrating? Sound like he's already Villa through-and-through!

Indeed. If the fans take the same stance towards him as MCFC fans take towards Balotelli, then no problem. If we're expecting a Petrov-esque ambassador for the club, then I think we'd be barking up the wrong tree. Though in fairness, as AVFC fans, we should all be well accustomed to players chopsing off in the press about wanting to play in the Champions League.

That's my one major concern over him; his ego. He does seem to think he's vastly better than he actually is. I remember he was constantly touting alleged moves to Arsenal and the like whenever his Newcastle-form dipped, and yet none of the big boys came calling.

I think he'd be good for us, but almost equally as frustrating.

Good but equally frustrating? Sound like he's already Villa through-and-through!

Would be a good replacement for Downing though. we havent got anybody else to stick on the left

I would have to say to all the Villa supporters, your club have been absolutely superb and so honest in all the dealings that I've had with them. If every club behaved like Aston Villa it would make football a lot easier.

Dave Whelan - Wigan Athletic owner

Anyone think that because of how impressed Whelan was with our behaviour when we wanted Martinez, that it could help us to land N'Zogbia?

i.e. Wigan would prefer to sell to us over other clubs?

I would have to say to all the Villa supporters, your club have been absolutely superb and so honest in all the dealings that I've had with them. If every club behaved like Aston Villa it would make football a lot easier.

Anyone think that because of how impressed Whelan was with our behaviour when we wanted Martinez, that it could help us to land N'Zogbia?

If you wanted to sell your bike, and you had an offer of 100 pounds and one for 105 pounds. Which one would you choose if you really needed the money?

Leeds United can confirm that a fee has been agreed with Aston Villa for Fabian Delph.

Leeds United wishes to place on record our appreciation for the honourable manner in which Aston Villa have conducted their interest in the player.

The club has resisted approaches from other FA Premier League clubs since agreeing terms with Aston Villa.

Having given Villa our commitment to transfer the player (subject to medical), we had no intention of going back on that.

Leeds United AFC

Link

You never know?

If you wanted to sell your bike, and you had an offer of 100 pounds and one for 105 pounds. Which one would you choose if you really needed the money?

well, if the five pounds wouldn't make that big a difference, I'd sell it to my friend that I know could really use the bike, and not some prat over in Merseyside who's already got a bike collection and is just looking to show off how much money he has :shock:

Not a great analogy that one

We can probably expect something like this from Whelan:

"We've accepted an offer from Aston Villa who have behaved impeccably and professionally throughout our dealings. Charles has been given permission to go and talk with Villa, who are a massive club, much bigger than us to be fair but I have a feeling Charles will stay with us. I think he feels he owes us another year to see if we can maybe get to 16th in the league and perhaps the 4th round of the FA Cup with a bit of luck."

Next day N'Zogbia will sign a new contract with Wigan and smug face Whelan will be taking the piss out of us again.

Can I just say from what I'm told if Randy wants his man then whilst others fumble around to find the downpayment aka Everton for N'Zogbia so it's reported......our Chairman quietly puts his money where his mouth is by transferring a large cash deposit returnable only if the player fails his medical or decides not to sign.

SAFC were unlikely to turn down an immediate cash injection of £10M last January before Bent had even set foot inside BMH to talk to us now were they?!!

Same with Leeds and Watford for Delph and Young for lesser deposits from what I understand...

Hence why this tends to silence any competition and why we get praised by other clubs for the way we go about business.

Can I just say from what I'm told if Randy wants his man then whilst others fumble around to find the downpayment aka Everton for N'Zogbia so it's reported......our Chairman quietly puts his money where his mouth is by transferring a large cash deposit returnable only if the player fails his medical or decides not to sign.

SAFC were unlikely to turn down an immediate cash injection of £10M last January before Bent had even set foot inside BMH to talk to us now were they?!!

Same with Leeds and Watford for Delph and Young for lesser deposits from what I understand...

Hence why this tends to silence any competition and why we get praised by other clubs for the way we go about business.

Surely not Julie. After all, we are a selling club with no money :winkold:

Mr Lerner came into Birmingham from the U.S. Last Friday and departed back yesterday, so I doubt whether he was sitting on his hands while he was here. Hopefully a few things will into place in the coming week

So, do we recon N'Zogbia is definately a target for us then this window or is it purely down to us just wanting him here to replace - erm, what's his name??

Downing?

:winkold:

He came to bank the cheque from the Young sale.

This

That's the spirit. :)

Maybe he came back to shred all his correspondence with Carson Yeung!