SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Fantasy Premier League 2010/2011

Charles N'Zogbia (age 25) - 167 points (2785 minutes played, 9 goals, 7 assists, 33 bonus points)

Stewart Downing (age 26) - 163 points (3385 minutes played, 7 goals, 9 assists, 18 bonus points)

Ash Young (age 25) - 160 points (3050 minutes played, 7 goals, 11 assists, 27 bonus points)

N'zogbia seems to be a similar calibre of player to Young and Downing.

Would be a good replacement.

Whilst this shows the respective merits of each in attacking sense, what it doesnt show is/was how reliable Downing and Ash are in working back to support their fullback. Something N'Zogbia is not reknowned for?

Neither is Messi, but I'd still take him.

Whilst this shows the respective merits of each in attacking sense, what it doesnt show is/was how reliable Downing and Ash are in working back to support their fullback. Something N'Zogbia is not reknowned for?

How on earth you came to that conclusion is anybodys guess.

I want this signing done and dusted ASAP. This is the one player I'd be gutted about if we didn't get. Sign him up now and then we will look decent for next season.

And hopefully on a five-year deal, too. To keep the hounds away after we turn him into a superstar...

All too easy to ask someone to sign a 5 year deal at Villa.

The club may offer it, but it is in the players best interests to get a 3/4 year deal so he is more available later in his career to 'bigger' clubs.

5 years would be perfect though

And hopefully on a five-year deal, too. To keep the hounds away after we turn him into a superstar...

I was thinking this too.

Five-year-deal for our better players so we don't get put into awkward contract positions like we have done with Young and Downing.

Does anyone have any idea where we are at with this? Or if we are even in for him?

I think the ITK sources are getting smaller and smaller. Very little people know who we are after. PF is still on holiday until the end of the week IIRC, so I doubt deals will be done until he is back.

McLeish obviously likes N'Zogbia as he was after him back in Jan.

Absolutely right.. it simply has to be 5 year deals from now on surely? Provided the player is young enough of course :lol:

Been thinking a lot about this lately as this is the key to us not losing our best players all the time.. For me we need to break some new ground as regards the type of contract we offer. Whether possible & realistic i wouldn't know but i do know that "where there's a will there's a way" (my granny told me many years ago & nobody but nobody could possibly argue against my Granny! :lol: )

So how could this be done i wonder? What about a 4 year deal with a 2 year option in the clubs & the players favour? This would stop it being too much of a problem if the player lost form or whatever & also would guarantee at least 4 years if he developed well but it would also mean that options would be open with both parties being protected.. I.E

1. If the Liverpools of this world came sniffing around after say 2 or 3 years of the said player joining, the club would have sufficient grounds to keep control of the situation.

2. If the player was worried about signing a contract of that length a clause could be included whereby if a huge club came in for him & he wanted out he could go after a minimum of 3 seasons though the 2 year option would automatically be activated meaning there would be 3 years remaining so Villa would command a top fee for him.. No more running down of contracts as in the player still can leave but the club are guaranteed at least 3 seasons for their investment.

3. An automatic transfer option at the end of the 4 year period although the club can still activate the 2 year option so as to again protect them regards getting a decent fee for the player.

This is the kind of thing which i think needs to be looked at? One thing is for sure something needs to be done as Aston Villa are one of the 3 or 4 clubs who suffer from this year in year out because we have the potential to break up the dominance of those "huge" clubs & they know it!

L'Equipe say he is coming to us for £10mil

Source?

Would be a fantastic signing if true. Think he'd be an exciting player to have down at the Villa.