SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Ive been on the fence about this signing but ive concluded that he would be a good signing. I was worried because of his attitude ad how he was regarded as 'Wigan's saviour', was wondering if his ego could take that hit if he were to join where he wouldn't be he main man. However stats don't lie and his are amazing considering he has played for wigan. Just hope he would keep up these performances for Villa if he comes

Daily Express reporting we put a 9million bid in.

If thats true, one would think Wigan would execpt, after excepting a £9m bid in january?

Accept

You got your balls to the wall!

Indeed!

acceptballsjpg43hz.jpg

N'Zogbia would be a great signing, just not as a replacement to BOTH Young and Downing. I'd welcome him to the fold but we still need 3 great wingers to keep them all on their toes. Thing about N'Zogbia is he can make something out of nothing and scores some cracking goals. Definitly a player to get us off our feet at VP, Get him in Eck.

I want N'Zogbia in bad! Think he is an amazing player and Big Eck did want him before! I just have a feeling someone like Liverpool or Spurs or someone will come in before us. Or he will sign for Stoke and we were never really interested lol.

Sign him up Eck! Just the player we need now Young has gone

Random question but is your Grandad the Singh who runs all the marathons? Lol there was a picture of him up and someone said he was your Grandad. Guy is a legend!

Wants 65K a week and isn't budging so Sunderland have pulled out of the race to sign him.

I cant believe he's on anywhere near 65k a week at Wigan, so surely any type of pay rise and a move to a bigger club would be a good thing, so not sure why would he price himself out of a move.

If rumours are to be believed one of our top earners is Darren Bent on an around £65,000 a week. I'd be quite happy for us (or Randy) to be offering the likes of N'Zogbia a similar amount as I believe he could be equally important if we end up signing him.

Remember that without adequate service then Bent will be lucky to hit double figures next season. The Zog would go a long way to providing that service whilst chipping in with 8+ goals himself.

No1 priority for me followed closely by Shay Given. Those two would help turn my frown upside down. :)

I cant believe he's on anywhere near 65k a week at Wigan, so surely any type of pay rise and a move to a bigger club would be a good thing, so not sure why would he price himself out of a move.

Because hes a footballer, hence, a greedy ****.

Tbh id rather give N'Zog 65k a week rather than Given. I dont think we're in a position to be offereing both 65k a week wages

I have it on great authority that ash was on 75k a week so i assume we offered him more to stay. recon bent would be on about that too (though the guy i know hasnt see that yet). i say offer N'Zog 60k a week and i can't see him turning that down! we have to get this guy in! :D

Because hes a footballer, hence, a greedy ****.

Tbh id rather give N'Zog 65k a week rather than Given. I dont think we're in a position to be offereing both 65k a week wages

He should be on roughly 35-40k with bonuses, ie for goals scored and assists and etc. Should give him incentive and a potential big wage packet at the end of the month too.

He should be on roughly 35-40k with bonuses, ie for goals scored and assists and etc. Should give him incentive and a potential big wage packet at the end of the month too.

and he'll go somewhere else.

While we've got has been's on 55k a week on the books you've got to be looking at giving him circa 50k pw. N'Zogbia comes into the bracket of 'better player' and they should be paid, its the crap ones (S.Ireland 65k pw) that should be taken off the payroll.

plenty of n'zogbia gossip this morning birmingham mail have sources saying that 'the next few days will be important but quite a few clubs want him' and l'equipe say n'zogbia will be a villa player but if we dont sell downing then liverpool will be competition

40k-60k a week is about right. It's his chance to play for a bigger club and (hopefully) win some things and further his careeer. If he is asking for anything more it would put me off him as it would show his main motivation is money not football.

Fantasy Premier League 2010/2011

Charles N'Zogbia (age 25) - 167 points (2785 minutes played, 9 goals, 7 assists, 33 bonus points)

Stewart Downing (age 26) - 163 points (3385 minutes played, 7 goals, 9 assists, 18 bonus points)

Ash Young (age 25) - 160 points (3050 minutes played, 7 goals, 11 assists, 27 bonus points)

N'zogbia seems to be a similar calibre of player to Young and Downing.

Would be a good replacement.

Whilst this shows the respective merits of each in attacking sense, what it doesnt show is/was how reliable Downing and Ash are in working back to support their fullback. Something N'Zogbia is not reknowned for?

We need to go all out to get him. I cant see anybody else who is realistically available and be able to be anywhere near the standard of Ashley Young. This guy should be our number one target.

N'Zogbia comes into the bracket of 'better player' and they should be paid, its the crap ones (S.Ireland 65k pw) that should be taken off the payroll.

Agree with this. Since when has Ireland been worth 65k a week?!?! Not even that mythical season he had with Man City should command those sort of wages. The likes of Heskey (60k a week?) should be moved on aswell. We have got so much shite on superstar wages. Its an embarassment.

Fantasy Premier League 2010/2011

Charles N'Zogbia (age 25) - 167 points (2785 minutes played, 9 goals, 7 assists, 33 bonus points)

Stewart Downing (age 26) - 163 points (3385 minutes played, 7 goals, 9 assists, 18 bonus points)

Ash Young (age 25) - 160 points (3050 minutes played, 7 goals, 11 assists, 27 bonus points)

N'zogbia seems to be a similar calibre of player to Young and Downing.

Would be a good replacement.

Whilst this shows the respective merits of each in attacking sense, what it doesnt show is/was how reliable Downing and Ash are in working back to support their fullback. Something N'Zogbia is not reknowned for?

What.... :shock: