SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

I like him, but I think we need more threat through the middle, it's too easy to defend against teams that rely on width these days.

Why not a winger and a good CM? We need to replace both!

This almost has the air of one of those 'inevitable' signings.

I think we all pretty much knew that we'd be after the likes of Milner, Downing, Petrov and even Ireland before the club perhaps even took a firm interest. I see this as being another transfer that would just make too much sense to turn down.

I agree. As soon as the Young to Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal rumours appeared, the first name to really be mentioned was N'Zogbia. I think most people saw him as the natural replacement.

However, his manager has just turned us down to stay at Wigan, he may be convinced to do a similar thing.

This almost has the air of one of those 'inevitable' signings.

I think we all pretty much knew that we'd be after the likes of Milner, Downing, Petrov and even Ireland before the club perhaps even took a firm interest. I see this as being another transfer that would just make too much sense to turn down.

Hope you are right, and i hope its sorted quickly. The last thing we need is another drawn out affair!

No, they're not delusional at all.

He'll need more time to get up to speed but Albrighton will be a top player.

Agree with this to certain extent. It would be unfair of us to expect Albrighton to replace Young right away. Albrighton is at least 1 maybe two seasons away from being a direct replacement for Young.

When Downing leaves i'd sign both N'Zogbia and Johson (Citeh) as direct replacements and allow Albrighton to go out on loan to another Premiership team until January to gain more experience with the proviso to call him back if we have injuries.

Hang on, why the hell does Albrighton need to be treated with kid gloves? The guy is ready, just put him in there. He's done his apprenticeship and passed with flying colours.

I agree with this. Arsenal haven't been afraid to throw in Jack Wilshere and play him regularly.

I just think we need to play Albrighton in the right system to make the most of his ability.

Young has gone, N'Zogbia needs to come in and continue what he has been doing at Wigan. He won't replace Young as they are different players but I'd rather we had N'Zogbia than LFC, SAFC or any other team and has proven PL experience/ability.

I agree N'Zogbia is of a similar standard to our wingers, he has good stats there in a poorer team. Be nice if he was just Youngs replacement though. I don't doubt Albrighton could do the job too but i'd rather have the options.

Hang on, why the hell does Albrighton need to be treated with kid gloves? The guy is ready, just put him in there. He's done his apprenticeship and passed with flying colours.

I agree with this. Arsenal haven't been afraid to throw in Jack Wilshere and play him regularly.

I just think we need to play Albrighton in the right system to make the most of his ability.

I agree too. however, I would only play him for about 20 games of the season to help him along and to keep his consistancy. So a good rotation between the three would be best IMO. I think Albrighton will be immense in a year or two.

Daily Express reporting we put a 9million bid in.

If thats true, one would think Wigan would execpt, after excepting a £9m bid in january?

If thats true, one would think Wigan would execpt, after excepting a £9m bid in january?

Accept

Accept

You got your balls to the wall!

Young has gone, N'Zogbia needs to come in and continue what he has been doing at Wigan. He won't replace Young as they are different players but I'd rather we had N'Zogbia than LFC, SAFC or any other team and has proven PL experience/ability.

I think N'zogbia would prove to be a more valuable team player for us than Ashley.

If we keep Downing, even more so.

What he gives you, is a better all round performance level in any position you wish to shift him. With Ashley, he never seemed to perform as well inside as he does out wide, and seemed to be better out left than out right.

N'Zogbia can play in all those positions, and his performance level seems to remain the same.

Im really suprised this lad has not been picked up by people like Arsenal, i really do rate this guy that highly.

Lets hope this one comes to fruition 8)