Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a lost cause, he's arrogant and stupid, and now it seems he's also injury prone. Always dogged by controversy and there is no mystery to that as it usually happens when you cross big ego/reality detachment/mega bucks/low IQ/PL footballer.

Like a PLC company that issues a profit warning, cut your losses and dump the stock immediately at whatever cost.

File him under "another well-intended mistake". That drawer is getting full now.

He's a lost cause

Agree. I'm sick of hearing people say give him another chance, give him a pre-season. He's a waster.

I hope that goes for GH too

There are no parallels between Ireland and GH. None at all, whatever you think of GH's reign.

He joined us at 23 years of age.

By that age, he'd already been one of the better players in the Premiership over a two year period, with both Sven and Hughes.

A big player for both, making a far more telling contribution than some of Man Citeh's household names signed for mental money. Some seasoned pros with plenty of games under their belt have never reach the standard he's already managed.

Now apparently at just 24 he's a busted flush. Sorry, I don't buy it. His attitude and hunger for the game are questionable and if anything does for him it's likely to be either of those two. Equally, a good manager -a manager who doesn't take a caustic bull in a chinashop approach to team building and team morale- might provide the conditions and set the platform for him return to a standard of performance he's already shown himself to be capable of.

He's had a nightmare year, we know that and he'd probably admit it himself. But it might still prove to be one blip in an otherwise decent career. It also hasn't entirely been of his own making. The injuries (at least three on the last count) and the managerial situation at the club were things largely out of his control.

But he'll really have no excuses after this summer. Even if there is an upturn in his attitude and performance but he continues to pick up niggling injuries, I'd still probably be inclined to cut our losses and get rid.

We'll just have to see what any new manager can do with him, he'll be with us next season imo unless Newcastle buy him or QPR need Taraabt replacing.

Come on give Warnock a bit of credit, I know he's mental but replacing Taraabt with headcase Steve? :lol:

He joined us at 23 years of age.

By that age, he'd already been one of the better players in the Premiership over a two year period, with both Sven and Hughes.

A big player for both, making a far more telling contribution than some of Man Citeh's household names signed for mental money. Some seasoned pros with plenty of games under their belt have never reach the standard he's already managed.

Now apparently at just 24 he's a busted flush. Sorry, I don't buy it.

You could easily be describing Lee Hendrie (... apart from the Sven and Hughes bit :winkold:).

Ireland has talent, no doubt. But it takes more than a "good manager" to make the most of it.

Stephen Ireland is out for the rest of the season - but the misfit midfielder has still earned over €3,000 for every minute he has spent on the pitch.

The Irish exile is on loan at Newcastle from Aston Villa, with the Magpies confirming that he will miss the remainder of the campaign with an ankle problem.

He joined Newcastle in January on a pay-as-you-play deal, yet it's understood that parent club Villa were still paying him €17,000 a week as part of the arrangement. Ireland made just two substitute appearances in his time at Newcastle, and his future is now very much up in the air.

For a player who has been involved in 630 minutes of football in that nine-month period, that breaks down to €3,000 every 60 seconds -- and that's before bonuses and signing on fees are even factored in. Just two years after his nomination for PFA Young Player of the Year, the Cobh native has developed into a spectacular waste of money.

http://tinyurl.com/6duqokj

Well the final sentence in that article just about sums up that looney tune!!!

GH pack him in your suitcase when you return to France in May (on a one way ticket) and will you and drop him out the plane over the channel please!!

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

Remarkably, I'm hearing Pardew might still be interested in taking Ireland back to Newcastle permanently next season - for a knockdown fee.

Guarantee theyve told him to fake an injury :P

Quote:

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

Remarkably, I'm hearing Pardew might still be interested in taking Ireland back to Newcastle permanently next season - for a knockdown fee.

Guarantee theyve told him to fake an injury

Swap him for Enrique!!! Or a crate of Newcy Brown!! Any kind of fee for the knobhead is a bonus!!!

He's a lost cause

Agree. I'm sick of hearing people say give him another chance, give him a pre-season. He's a waster.

I agree. If he gets another minute of gametime at the expense of Bannan, Gardner or Delph then I'll be annoyed. He's had enough chances and hasnt showed that he wants to make it at this club. Others are far more deserving of their chance.

He's a lost cause

I agree. If he gets another minute of gametime at the expense of Bannan, Gardner or Delph then I'll be annoyed. He's had enough chances and hasnt showed that he wants to make it at this club. Others are far more deserving of their chance.

but surely that is cutting off our nose to spite our face, weve paid money for him, were committed to paying his wages for a few more years, surely the sensible thing is to try as hard as possible to make him a success at this club. Give him a pre season etc, if he shows he wants it in training, he gets a chance. To write him off seems pointless.

but surely that is cutting off our nose to spite our face, weve paid money for him, were committed to paying his wages for a few more years, surely the sensible thing is to try as hard as possible to make him a success at this club. Give him a pre season etc, if he shows he wants it in training, he gets a chance. To write him off seems pointless.

This is where i'm at, he's an oddball thats for sure but he also came in to the club at an odd time. Let him have a pre season see how he goes, that said if we did sell him early on cant say i'd be bothered.

This is where i'm at, he's an oddball thats for sure but he also came in to the club at an odd time. Let him have a pre season see how he goes, that said if we did sell him early on cant say i'd be bothered.

It depends how much we can recoup by selling him. If we can't get rid then better to try and get him playing than rotting in the reserves, but if we can get a few million and a big earner of the wage bill, then far better to cut our losses.