Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it very strange that Ireland was given a contract worth £65,000 a week. We are led to believe that one of the reasons that MON left was his refusal to cut the wage bill, but as soon as he is gone we give Ireland a monster contract.

I can't see any club being prepared to pay him anywhere near the contract he is on at Villa. Therefore, we are likely to be stuck with him for the next three years. I think that the only way Man City got rid of him was to pay him off, but Ireland still managed to break his confidentiality clause and may not get his money.

He will probably be happy to do a Beye and play in the reserves while he costs us a fortune.

I would not write his career off just yet.

I'm sure some people said the same about Hitler had he not shot himself.

Ireland has burned ALL of his alloted bridges with Villa for me.

His complete lack of effort and non willingness to break sweat was all the evidence i needed to see with my own eyes to know he's a shytster,

The comments about Birmingham were merely just the sprinkles on top of his well baked shit cake.

If we appoint a new manager Ireland may become an important asset for us. I would not write his career off just yet.

Especially as one manager heavily linked to the job is the one manager who has got the most out of him.

• 4 weeks later...
I find it very strange that Ireland was given a contract worth £65,000 a week. We are led to believe that one of the reasons that MON left was his refusal to cut the wage bill, but as soon as he is gone we give Ireland a monster contract.

I can't see any club being prepared to pay him anywhere near the contract he is on at Villa. Therefore, we are likely to be stuck with him for the next three years. I think that the only way Man City got rid of him was to pay him off, but Ireland still managed to break his confidentiality clause and may not get his money.

He will probably be happy to do a Beye and play in the reserves while he costs us a fortune.

city are still paying some of ireland's wages

city are still paying some of ireland's wages

Not strictly true, we're paying him £65k a week (or whatever it is), the difference between that and what he was paid at Citeh formed part of his severance deal. One of the clauses in his severance deal was a confidentiality clause, something which he's broken not once but twice and city are very pissed off with him for it, they threatened to not pay him the rest of the money owed as he'd broken their contract, after already being previously warned for breaking it once already.

If we appoint a new manager Ireland may become an important asset for us. I would not write his career off just yet.

I'm gonna 2nd that, as I would love it to work out here for him, but he will need to work a damn sight harder in future, but it think he'll be cast out as well due to the massive wages.

Nzogbia/Albrighton---------------Ireland---------------Downing------

----------------------------------------Bent----------------------------------

Thoughts?

I'm gonna 2nd that, as I would love it to work out here for him, but he will need to work a damn sight harder in future, but it think he'll be cast out as well due to the massive wages.

Same.

I hope we appoint Hughes, then he can get the best out of Ireland and Warnock.

Same.

I hope we appoint Hughes, then he can get the best out of Ireland and Warnock.

Oh goodie. That'll be sure to kick us on. :|