Stephen Ireland

Richard

He seems to have sorted out Dunne and Collins at last as well.
Interesting to know how you could construct his actions towards/relations with Dunne and Collins as "sorting them out". I just assumed they both realised they will find it harder to get new clubs if they have a reputation as trouble makers, so decided to clean their acts up

So when they perform poorly its Ged's fault but when they get back on track its their own doing?? Seems a bit unfair to me.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He seems to have sorted out Dunne and Collins at last as well.
Interesting to know how you could construct his actions towards/relations with Dunne and Collins as "sorting them out". I just assumed they both realised they will find it harder to get new clubs if they have a reputation as trouble makers, so decided to clean their acts up

So when they perform poorly its Ged's fault but when they get back on track its their own doing?? Seems a bit unfair to me.

absolutely

Stephen Ireland has refused to speculate on his future, but plans to make the most of his time at Newcastle.

The midfielder is currently taking in a loan spell at St James' Park, with a switch to Aston Villa last summer having failed to reignite his career.

He struggled to make much of an impression in the Midlands and jumped at the chance to link up with the Magpies in January.

An untimely injury delayed his debut for the North East outfit, but he was able to make his bow in Tuesday's 0-0 draw with Manchester United.

SKY SPORTS ON SKY

He now has five games in which to impress Alan Pardew and possibly secure a permanent deal on Tyneside.

Ireland insists he has given little thought as to what the summer might bring, but admits he will be doing his utmost to impress over the coming weeks.

"I cannot comment too much on my future or where I will be next year," he told the Evening Chronicle.

"That part is out of my hands. What is in my hands is the fact I can work hard and play the best I can."

Amazing

Ireland has been impressed by the standard of Newcastle's squad and believes they are a club who can cement a top-half standing in the Premier League.

He added: "The team is amazing here.

"When you are on the outside looking in you wonder 'is he a good player?'

"However, when you are on the inside you see some of the players here are world class."

I wouldn't have posted this "story" because it is nothing that we don't know already. However, to further prove the guy is a mental case he says Newcastle have some world class players. Whaaat? :lol:

Slap headed waster

My thoughts exactly.

Lets hope Newcastle 'pull a pulis' and confuse a loan deal with 'taking over the contract after its been terminated by the other club'.

Fingers crossed.

Stephen Ireland has refused to speculate on his future, but plans to make the most of his time at Newcastle.

The midfielder is currently taking in a loan spell at St James' Park, with a switch to Aston Villa last summer having failed to reignite his career.

He struggled to make much of an impression in the Midlands and jumped at the chance to link up with the Magpies in January.

An untimely injury delayed his debut for the North East outfit, but he was able to make his bow in Tuesday's 0-0 draw with Manchester United.

SKY SPORTS ON SKY

He now has five games in which to impress Alan Pardew and possibly secure a permanent deal on Tyneside.

Ireland insists he has given little thought as to what the summer might bring, but admits he will be doing his utmost to impress over the coming weeks.

"I cannot comment too much on my future or where I will be next year," he told the Evening Chronicle.

"That part is out of my hands. What is in my hands is the fact I can work hard and play the best I can."

Amazing

Ireland has been impressed by the standard of Newcastle's squad and believes they are a club who can cement a top-half standing in the Premier League.

He added: "The team is amazing here.

"When you are on the outside looking in you wonder 'is he a good player?'

"However, when you are on the inside you see some of the players here are world class."

I wouldn't have posted this "story" because it is nothing that we don't know already. However, to further prove the guy is a mental case he says Newcastle have some world class players. Whaaat? :lol:

He also says "What is in my hands is the fact I can work hard"... Can, maybe but I've yet to see much evidence of this.

Hard to imagine a Premiership team where he would fit in effectively. Even Arsenal players graft to an extent. His only hope really would be to find a job abroad, or hope that Hughes gets the Villa job in the summer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13208629.stm

That is how to treat players properly Houllier.

You praise them when their confidence is low, and you look to give them a chance to show their worth.

You don't openly criticize them in the press, make them train with the reserves/kiddies and tell them not to bother turning up on matchdays.

Houllier - learn from Pardew.

Glad to see a manager who actually knows how to treat players fairly and kindly.

You praise them when their confidence is low, and you look to give them a chance to show their worth.

You don't openly criticize them in the press, make them train with the reserves/kiddies and tell them not to bother turning up on matchdays.

Glad to see a manager who actually knows how to treat players fairly and kindly.

What does this have to do with Houllier. What a pointless comment...

Mind you, the thread is about Ireland...

The reason Ireland is at Newcastle is because of Houllier...

The reason Ireland is at Newcastle is he was utterly woeful when he was given his chance, has shown no desire/improvement when asked and, ultimately, is in no mental shape to play for us.

The reason Ireland is at Newcastle is he was utterly woeful when he was given his chance, has shown no desire/improvement when asked and, ultimately, is in no mental shape to play for us.

I agree he didn't really play well when he did play but still that was no reason to banish him from the first-team and then send him out on loan out of the club asap.

I think he would have been a good player to have on the bench to bring on for the last 20 mins or use in a rotation policy etc.

He can't be anyworse than Sidwell can he?