Stephen Ireland

Richard

Why does everyone think he'll perform under a new manager? It's not like before he came to Villa he was a consistent performer with no history of falling out with managers or being a prick. Get rid of him ASAP.
There is no guarantee of Ireland succeeding under a new manager. But if he wants another opportunity at this club and he is willing to fight for it, he should be given the chance to revive his playing career.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is with Ireland: despite his young age he's had loads of chances. The bottom line is he is an idiot with no sense of responsibility and evidently nobody sensible advising him.

I'll bet it's no coincidence that he has fallen foul of the Irish FA set up (Trapattoni?), Mancini, Houllier and now Pardew. He has no diplomacy, being at the source of several negative press articles bad mouthing the Irish FA, Man City, Birmingham (the area) etc, and then rubbing his employer's nose in it by lashing it up etc.

I reckon if he could shut up and actually put in a shift rather than bemoan his misfortune, he might win some friends and influence people. In any footballl club there is always someone waiting for you to **** up and take your place.

I'm sick of the guy and his sort. He needs a serious reality check and start facing up to his responsibilities. Don't want to see this idiot in our shirt again, if he shows any form I will always think he's looking for his ticket out of the club.

From the birmingham mail

GARY McAllister has intimated that Stephen Ireland will be given a chance to rediscover his form and fitness at Villa.

Newcastle are believed to be considering a permanent swoop for Ireland despite his lacklustre loan spell ending with an ankle injury.

And the midfielder faces a difficult challenge winning over the Villa fans after comments criticising the city of Birmingham were attributed to him, although he said he was misquoted.

But McAllister is convinced the former Manchester City star has the potential to succeed at Villa after returning for rehab yesterday afternoon.

“It has been tough for Stephen, but he is a Villa player and our responsibility,” said McAllister.

“Our guys will have a look at him and try and get him fit and get a programme for him because he has had two or three little niggles which have prevented him from getting fit.

“If it’s not one thing it has been another. I think he has had problems with his groin, hamstring and his ankle.

“There is no doubting he is a talented player but he needs to get fit.” McAllister joked that Ireland will have to be careful driving through Birmingham after quotes, he later denied, that the city was “c**p”.

“He may have to change the route into Bodymoor, with blacked-out windows,” said McAllister, laughing. “No. I am sure he was misquoted.

“He’s not had much luck. He is no doubt a talented player but he has to get fit before we see the real Stephen Ireland.”

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2011/04/29/aston-villa-stephen-ireland-set-for-a-second-chance-at-villa-97319-28603104/

Stephen Ireland's move to Newcastle from Aston Villa could be off after he demanded £50,000-a-week in wages

The above was posted on Twitter, but the same thing was also in the Guardian Football transfer rumours

There's all kinds of rumours tumbling down from Newcastle. First up, Stephen Ireland wants £50,000 a week to stay at St James' Park. Suffice to say, he will not be staying at St James' Park. The Mirror The Guardian

Not checked the Mirror story yet.

He still has a future if GH cannot continue as manager.

This.

Hopefully he can become a success at Villa under Mark Hughes.

Same for Stephen Warnock.

This.

After what Stephen Warnock has supposedly said about Villa, I can safely say I'd much prefer to have another poor season with Houllier than have that idiot play for us again.

Ireland.. I dunno. He said some things about the city of Birmingham, but that doesn't bother me. If he can come back and perform well, under Houllier or another manager, then I won't mind him getting back into the team.

I really hope he has no future here. 68k wages is top dollar wages for somebody who has had one good season, too much money when he doesnt really have much of a work ethic and hasnt had a good game in 2 seasons.

Atleast him asking for 50k wages is somewhat an improvement in his attitude, unfortunately nobody will give him those wages and we'll be stuck paying him 68k a week for the next 3 and a half years.

This is why managerless clubs should not buy players.

This.

After what Stephen Warnock has supposedly said about Villa, I can safely say I'd much prefer to have another poor season with Houllier than have that idiot play for us again.

Ireland.. I dunno. He said some things about the city of Birmingham, but that doesn't bother me. If he can come back and perform well, under Houllier or another manager, then I won't mind him getting back into the team.

There are two sides to every story.

Plus the club didn't officially discipline him like they did Dunne and Collins.

Again, Ireland said he didn't say all that stuff about Brum and Ireland and that he was 'misquoted' or something.

Whether he said it or not.. fact still remains he shouldn't be in the team.. both of them shouldn't infact.. one can't help himself in giving silly fouls away and getting cards rapidly as many as rooney scores goals (before you bring up Clark, Warnock is supposedly experienced) and the other you'd argue you are playing with 10 men when he is on.. lack of work rate, offers nothing and now he seems VERY injury prone.

TRS, yup it's all 'supposedly' at the moment. But I fully trust MM and the information he passes onto us.

(Also, Warnock's supposed comments coincided with him being pushed into the reserves)

Whether he said it or not.. fact still remains he shouldn't be in the team.. both of them shouldn't infact.. one can't help himself in giving silly fouls away and getting cards rapidly as many as rooney scores goals (before you bring up Clark, Warnock is supposedly experienced) and the other you'd argue you are playing with 10 men when he is on.. lack of work rate, offers nothing and now he seems VERY injury prone.

Lol you know me too well :D