Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bollocks!!!!!

Houllier doesn't just fall out with people for no reason!

Ireland, Warnock, Carew, Beye & Davies would beg to differ...

All of which have been important 1st team players! Not! Carew doesn't even play for Stoke.

That's not the point.

Houllier claims they aren't "in form" or are playing "badly" etc when in reality he freezes them out of the team - don't even make bench, train with reserves etc - until they leave.

I mean I remember when Nathan Baker was making the bench ahead of Curtis Davies and Jonathan Hogg was making the bench ahead of Stephen Ireland.

Don't tell me how they weren't good enough, because they were clearly good enough to make the bench ahead of untried, untested youngsters.

You seem to justify Houllier's shoddy treatment of them by saying they aren't important first team players - so what? I never said they were.

All I'm saying is that Houllier treats players very badly and you can't deny this or justify this.

So what if they aren't important players. Doesn't give you the right the treat them poorly.

And just because Ash is one of our best players, doesn't mean you should pander to his every need, wiping his arse and all - constantly praising him, playing him in his favourite position to the detriment of the rest of the team, making him captain when he is not captain material etc etc.

/Rant over :x

Because he's injured.

He always is and takes 10x longer to recover than anyone else.

Aye, didn't he have a back injury here as well? He couldn't be arsed with it anymore. He's made his money.

Funny that considering Stephen Ireland has been injured for a good part of this season and last season. Coincidence that people say they couldn't be arsed any more and have made their money? I think not.

All I'm saying is that Houllier treats players very badly and you can't deny this or justify this.

So what if they aren't important players. Doesn't give you the right the treat them poorly.

How do you know if they didn't treat him badly in the first place? we have heard of rumours of players being rebels etc.. i.e Dunne and Collins getting pissed is bad enough yet they are still in the team despite what has happened.

All managers fall out and piss off players i think.

Houllier is no exception.

And, to be fair, Houllier has got this spot on. Beye, Warnock and Davies are (or have been) crap. He seems to have sorted out Dunne and Collins at last as well. Getting rid of the players he has, has been good business for the club. I cannot think of a single player, other than perhaps Barry Bannan, that I regret losing this season.

All managers fall out and piss off players i think.

Houllier is no exception.

And, to be fair, Houllier has got this spot on. Beye, Warnock and Davies are (or have been) crap. He seems to have sorted out Dunne and Collins at last as well. Getting rid of the players he has, has been good business for the club. I cannot think of a single player, other than perhaps Barry Bannan, that I regret losing this season.

he has pretty much done everything we needed him to do in a short time

brought wages down, shipped out some dead wood, use the whole squad including youth team and brought a proper striker

He seems to have sorted out Dunne and Collins at last as well.
Interesting to know how you could construct his actions towards/relations with Dunne and Collins as "sorting them out". I just assumed they both realised they will find it harder to get new clubs if they have a reputation as trouble makers, so decided to clean their acts up

these players need to earn their places in the team

Hard to "earn" your place when your frozen out of the team and not let back in...

They can prove it in the training ground

some of these players will half ass it thru the week in training then expect to play on matchday, they need to show full commitment and earn they game time

Hard to "earn" your place when your frozen out of the team and not let back in...

Houllier doesn't even watch them cause they train with the reserves.

Let's be honest- all signs show that once Houllier banishes you, there's no way back.

Let's be honest- all signs show that once Houllier banishes you, there's no way back.

Richard Dunne? Apart from Warnock and Beye, no one trains with the reserves. Hardly great players are they?

Richard Dunne? Apart from Warnock and Beye, no one trains with the reserves. Hardly great players are they?

Houllier does watch the reserve games though.

Also, I'm sure I read something on here that Warnock was even playing poorly for the reserves.

If Warnock or Beye wanted to get back in the squad they would, and should, try to put in perfect performances for the reserves.

Just backing up what has been said.

Houllier has been to if not all the home reserve games at Villa Park.

Also don't agree with the no way back, I think it's complete rubbish and I'd question the attitude of the players. Ireland needs no defence, Beye had chance to leave on loan whilst Warnock seems to have gone so far that he won't play for the club again.

Curtis Davies was never on the bench because of his contract which meant he couldn't make another appearance without his wages pretty much doubling wasn't it?

Thats the rumour.

My thinking is, he just pissed everyone off with his attitude and sulks, and we just decided that we would leave him rot.