Stephen Ireland

Richard

At 65 grand week its unacceptable to wait for ireland to come good. Hes had his chances and been an absolute disaster and after his comments about birmingham im more than happy for the club to sell. Get 5m for him and put that towards a top centre midfielder whos willing to put some effort in.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we appoint a new manager Ireland may become an important asset for us. I would not write his career off just yet.

I'm gonna 2nd that, as I would love it to work out here for him, but he will need to work a damn sight harder in future, but it think he'll be cast out as well due to the massive wages.

Same.

I hope we appoint Hughes, then he can get the best out of Ireland and Warnock.

Oh goodie. That'll be sure to kick us on. :|

Better than letting them rot in the reserves.

Yet again poor management by Houllier.

Would rather have Salifou than Ireland. I'm being perfectly serious by the way. At least Salifou isn't a prick.

That and the fact that he's the Togolese Zidane. :D

Or alternatively Zidane is the French Salifou :shock:

Back on topic the problem with Ireland, it seems to me, is that if everything is not 100% how he would like it he's not trying and mouthing off. I doubt he wanted to come to Villa in the first place, particularly as a makeweight in a transfer.

GH gave him a chance and seemingly he blew it. We are stuck with him as no one will pay him £65k per week as he's just not worth it. Whether any manager can get more out of the petulant prick is doubtful.

Why the Board signed him is unclear. Maybe MON wanted him as one of his 'projects' along with Salifou and Routeledge but to carry on and sign him post MON was madness. It would have been much better to have taken just cash for Milner which would have been a lower aggregate fee but actually in the long run a better deal.

At the moment we are paying £3m per year for nothing which in effect is eating into the money we got for Milner. Only thing we can do is move him on and sub his wages, same with Beye and maybe Warnock.

If we appoint a new manager Ireland may become an important asset for us. I would not write his career off just yet.

I'm gonna 2nd that, as I would love it to work out here for him, but he will need to work a damn sight harder in future, but it think he'll be cast out as well due to the massive wages.

Same.

Only 25, 12 Goals this season. Better than Ireland, less wages. What's not to like.

I'd be surprised if we could get anything for Ireland. That was a transfer masterstroke of the highest order. His attitude stinks and most clubs will be keeping a wide berth.

We should just cancel his contract and cut him loose!

Worst signing ever! (even including Bosko Balaban)

It seems he wanted to stay at Man City and earn £100k a week sitting on the bench. Ireland's lifestyle is money money money. Man city was the ideal for him, I dont even think he is interested in playing anymore, just earning the outragous money and living the lifestyle would do him!

If you see his proposal video and see NRC's picture on Twitter, you can see who loves the football and who loves the money!!

Why would ANYONE want to give this clown another chance ?. Or Warnock for that matter

They've both raped the club and deserve to rot

You know what? I'd give him 1 more chance. If they can put their differences aside ( Ireland and Houllier ) and he can prove that he is willing to work hard for another chance then why not?

However if he comes back and continues moaning to newspapers and lazing around then he can **** off

Same.

What a ridiculous thing to say, its not houlliers fault they are a couple of word removed's, if anything he did the right thing and kept their poisonous attitude well away from the first team during an important period.

Same.

What a ridiculous thing to say, its not houlliers fault they are a couple of word removed's, if anything he did the right thing and kept their poisonous attitude well away from the first team during an important period.

I disagree.

Yes Ireland and Warnock weren't at the top of their game, but there was no need to freeze them out.

They should have been on the bench at least.

Same.

I disagree.

Yes Ireland and Warnock weren't at the top of their game, but there was no need to freeze them out.

You and Fran should start your own "lets hate on Houllier" thread.

I am surely positive if Warnock and Ireland had good attitude and grafted in training they would be in the first team. We dont see what goes on behind closed doors. But what we hear is Houllier will not be **** about by over paid over hyped players who think they have the right to do what they want and get away with it. I can just see Carew's lazy attitude towards Houllier thats why we **** him off to.

We have to respect Houllier for that!!!

I disagree.

They should have been nowhere near the bench, never mind on it. Houllier was absolutely right to freeze them out. They are both a disgrace and the sooner they leave the better.

Same.

I disagree.

You and Fran should start your own "lets hate on Houllier" thread.

I am surely positive if Warnock and Ireland had good attitude and grafted in training they would be in the first team. We dont see what goes on behind closed doors. But what we hear is Houllier will not be **** about by over paid over hyped players who think they have the right to do what they want and get away with it. I can just see Carew's lazy attitude towards Houllier thats why we **** him off to.

We have to respect Houllier for that!!!

Unless your name is Ashley Young.