Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact he is supposed to be the midfield flair player, and Bannan showed more of that in his few appearances probably says it all. I always rated Ireland before he came here but it hasn't worked and he isn't worth another chance, particularly on those sorts of wages. You can have all the talent in the world but if your head and heart isn't in it then your completely worthless.

Unfortunately as another poster has said to get rid we will probably have to subsidise his wages. Same with Beye.

So sad

ASTON VILLA flop Stephen Ireland has talked himself out of £1million after losing a Premier League arbitration case.

Manchester City agreed to pay Ireland the money to smooth through the deal which also saw James Milner move to Eastlands last year - on condition Ireland did not badmouth his former club.

But Ireland claimed there was "no loyalty" at City, who successfully argued that he broke the terms of the pay-off.

I think that Ireland & Warnock have burnt their bridges at Villa Park no matter who the manager is.

It was Houllier that froze them out.

A new manager e.g. Mark Hughes might wipe the slate clean.

I think that Ireland & Warnock have burnt their bridges at Villa Park no matter who the manager is.

It was Houllier that froze them out.

A new manager e.g. Mark Hughes might wipe the slate clean.

In Warnock's case I hope any new manager gets him the **** away from this club.

Ireland, IMO, shouldn't get another chance here. He hasn't shone anything and he really only has one decent season in the Premier League with City.

I don't know why people think a new manager will suddenly make Ireland work hard and change his attitude. It wont. Ireland is a lost cause.

And im sure Hughes had problems with Ireland at Man City?

Everyone's had problems with Ireland it seems, yet some people will have us believe it's the managers and not the player.

I don't know why people think a new manager will suddenly make Ireland work hard and change his attitude. It wont. Ireland is a lost cause.

Because Houllier just froze him out for no reason.

Telling him to train with reserves and telling not to bother coming to the match on a Saturday.

We all know Ireland wasn't in the best of form but he should have been kept in the first-team squad/on the bench as he is still a good player, and how can he recapture his form if you stick him in the reserves?

Telling him to train with reserves and telling not to bother coming to the match on a Saturday.

We all know Ireland wasn't in the best of form but he should have been kept in the first-team squad/on the bench as he is still a good player, and how can he recapture his form if you stick him in the reserves?

Houllier this Houllier that, its all Houlliers fault.

TRS????

If Ireland was showing quality, he would be in the first team no doubt. Players of his quality do not get put in the reserves for no reason. Rumour has it, he said negative things about our club, he could'nt be bothered to train and he would have been happy enough sitting on the bench at Man City earning 100k. He's a tipical pre madonna who thinks of money before football.

Houllier this Houllier that, its all Houlliers fault.

TRS????

If Ireland was showing quality, he would be in the first team no doubt. Players of his quality do not get put in the reserves for no reason. Rumour has it, he said negative things about our club, he could'nt be bothered to train and he would have been happy enough sitting on the bench at Man City earning 100k. He's a tipical pre madonna who thinks of money before football.

That's correct.

I'm not fooled by what Houllier and Gary Mac say.

They tried to say that Warnock was training with the reserves for "football reasons".

That's obviously a load of bull.

I don't believe that Warnock is not a good enough "footballer" to even train with the first team squad, the same player that went to the 2010 World Cup, but Robert "Grandad" Pires is good enough to be in the first time squad.

If you believe what they say, then you believe that Robert Pires is a better footballer than Stephen Ireland and Stephen Warnock.

Don't know why everyone treats Houllier's word as gospel.

It's not just a one-off either.

Ireland, Warnock, Carew, Beye, Davies - all have been frozen out to the reserves so Houllier has a history of doing it.

And don't try and say it's because they bad mouthed the club, bad attitude etc.

Houllier and Gary Mac have said it's for "football reasons" for "poor form"

So if it was for disciplinary reasons then they have cleary lied to the fans.

You may side with the Houllier over the players, but I don't.

I not having the cotton wool pulled over my eyes thanks very much (take note Randy)

Funny how the players frozen out have all been either shit or have bad attitudes or both. What a strange coincidence. Sure, some of them used to be good but this season NONE of them have been anywhere close to good.