Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

A lot of people say it was 4m for Kozak, not 7m.

Not really. One person on here claimed it and many accepted it as fact. That's not the same as lots of different sources agreeing on that figure.

He must have some real incriminating evidence against lambert as that is the only way I can see why he is in the team. Last season I thought he looked great as he was making a lot of intelligent runs off the ball cresting space for Benteke, he was also decent on the ball and caused problems. Now he just looks atrocious and not offering anything to the team

• Like 1

Not really. One person on here claimed it and many accepted it as fact. That's not the same as lots of different sources agreeing on that figure.

I've seen a few sources and a few people suggest it was the fee, even before the hairy one said it was.

I've seen a few sources and a few people suggest it was the fee, even before the hairy one said it was.

Like?

Like?

I'm sorry but I don't save articles and posts, I didn't think I would need to. You will just have to take my word for itm at the time it didn't feel important.

Been a while since I've seen a player at this level spoon it up so often trying to trap it.

Lacking in basic skills.

His crap season reflects the club's.

Really disappointing stuff.

• Like 1

It was €7m, or £4.4m at the time. Check any sources from the selling club. The English media messed up the currency used and continues to do so. He did cost 7m... But euros not pounds

• Like 1

Which sources from the selling club?

Literally every single report from Italy about the sale

Care to post a couple of these reports? And if he did cost such, how did we end up with an £18.9m summer spend?

Care to post a couple of these reports? And if he did cost such, how did we end up with an £18.9m summer spend?

I'm sure you know how to use Google. Work it out

I'm sure you know how to use Google. Work it out

I did and searchs for 'Kozak €7', 'Kozak €7,000,000' and 'Kozak 7 Milione euro' don't locate any.

I did and searchs for 'Kozak €7', 'Kozak €7,000,000' and 'Kozak 7 Milione euro' don't locate any.

The biggest newspaper in Italy is La Gazzeta dello Sport. Google "kozak lazio aston villa site:gazzetta.it". The first result, with a crappy Google translation, says "Lazio Libor Kozak leaves and arrives to the British Aston Villa. It is still waiting for the official biancoceleste but the company would find an agreement with the English club (something like € 6 million) for the transfer of striker of the last edition of the Europa League. The Czech player is then just a step from the Adda, five years after his arrival in biancoceleste."

• Like 1

Cheers Enda. I never ruled out that he could've cost that, rather I had seen no evidence for it previously. If he did cost something like £4m then it must mean that other signings cost more than reported in order for our summer spend to be at £18.9m. It would be interesting to know which ones.

You're welcome.

The issue here might be add-ons. If we sign Kozak for £4m but will owe another £3m e.g. if he scores 20 goals next season, how should the club's accountants record that liability?

Â