Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Any update on the injury?

He said he has done his ankle ligaments in his facebook status. Ankle ligaments aren't too bad I think.

Trust me they are, torn ankle ligaments 4 months off work, later broke the other ankle and just 2 months off work, can`t say which hurt the

most, but i would not wish either on any of you.

the best way to take action with this is to do our talking on the pitch. lets beat them, no lets not just beat them lets batter them and show we have more class and wont be bullied like the scum who did all that to our team.

lets also raise the roof off villa park and show them what atmsophere is all about. Up the Villa

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I've got some interesting updates for everyone.

His last two facebook status updates were:

"fukin operation next week and out for 6 months !!! :S"

and

"tomorrow surgery !! :S"

So it looks like he's out for up to 6 months. Quite a blow for the young lad. Hope he can return soon, because he could be one for the future.

Finally, he posted a link to an interview he did for an Austrian website.

http://forum.sportnet.at/blog.php?b=1872

Here's the google translated version of it:

It would have been one of the best games of the young career of Andreas Weimann can be. After a strong preparation for Aston Villa was the 19-year-old offensive players his Premier League debut and then waited for the Champions League game against his former club and his heart Rapid. In the 80th Minute was Weimann, in view of his family, all of Rapid hardcore fans are a substitute, and seemed very motivated.

But then the shock. Weimann injured after a challenge on the ankle and is worn before the block west from the field. What happened next will probably remain forever in memory of Weimann as a negative peak. Spat on, insulted and banked. And this is from people who are fans of the same club as the person concerned. This should be in charge of the Rapid not only to an official statement and to apologize, but finally carried into action.

In an interview with the Vienna football blog speaks Andreas Weimann first time about this situation, why he will fulfill his dream to return to play for Rapid, probably not, and his injury.

Viennese football blog: What was it like for you to learn as you have, that Aston Villa will play against Rapid?

Andreas Weimann: "I am of course very happy because as I have said in every interview, I was always a Rapid fan."

You made his debut after a very strong preparation in the Premier League. What was that feeling?

"It was just like in a dream. Playing in the English league, which is best in the world, beyond description. Even if there were only five minutes. "

How was it for you when you came to Vienna with Villa to play against Rapid?

"I had a huge anticipation for the game and wished only that it goes off at last."

What went through your head when you were a substitute for a few minutes and injured were lying on the ground?

"When I came on, I was just happy and then after three minutes, the injury done very hurt because I was in excellent form."

What injury have you had exactly and how long you think you have to pause?

"I just learned today exactly what I have. But to me the doctor after the first investigation has said that there are three outside ankle ligaments are damaged and two of them. How much, I do know until tomorrow. "

Then, probably one of the saddest moments came in this evening, as you banked by many fans who've been spat upon and insulted. What went through my mind at this moment?

"As we have seen, I was very disappointed and I have come, even the tears. Since I'm on the world, I'm Rapid fan and then something like this? "

You now have slept on one night, you are very disappointed with such "fans" or how you think about it now?

"I say it honestly. I do not know if I can ever come to feel any sympathy for Rapid. My dream was once again to play for Rapid, but that is now over for me. I do not know if I can ever come to identify with Rapid. "

What does your family to the Rapid fans and had to watch that?

"My family is of course just as disappointed and I think they have sent an email to Rapid."

The two lead singer shouted something down with her megaphone to you. Have you noticed and understood?

"I have not noticed, which is probably better, because there were certainly no fancy words."

How do you judge this game from the perspective of your team?

"This is 1:1 for us a good result. Especially when you consider that we played with very young players and some stars have been spared. "

Yep disappointing that.

I'd say one of the more interesting side issues of Mac's management so far is he seemed to rate Weimann higher than the Fonz which I was a little disappointed with as the Fonz is certainly more ready for league football imo.

Yep disappointing that.

I'd say one of the more interesting side issues of Mac's management so far is he seemed to rate Weimann higher than the Fonz which I was a little disappointed with as the Fonz is certainly more ready for league football imo.

The general message though appears to be that whilst Fonz has more talent, Weimann has much more application and desire. I only saw the reserves a few times last year but from what I saw, I'd have to agree with that.

One particular instance I remember was Fulham away. Fonz took a knock at about 35/40 minutes and basically stopped playing. He indicated he wanted to come off and the coaching staff insisted he ran it off. He wasn't interested and just stopped running altogether. It was clear that the coaching staff were very p'd off at him for not even trying. From their reaction, it seemed far from an isolated incident.

Yes it looks like the Fonze is heading down the same route as the Moores. Lets hope he starts making some strides again.

Why do you say that? :?

The comments comming from the club this season (like the one above). KM is giving youth a chance but has left the fonze behind a bit compaired to Albrighton or even Clarke, Bannen and Weimann. Hopefully he can get himself back into contention again for a first team spot.

It may be he was given a break, but k-MAc did say he chose Weimann over the fonz as the fonz was a confidence player and was suffering badly from a alack of it so he went with Weimann instead.

Now Weimann is out, and we cannot sign anyone else till Jan, you'd think the Fonz would get a chance, but I doubt it seeing as we are currently playing 4-4-1-1 and the FOnz its 4th choice for 1 spot.

A new manager may change things though.

Yes it looks like the Fonze is heading down the same route as the Moores. Lets hope he starts making some strides again.

I posted this 2 seasons ago and more so last season the coaching staff have more concerns about him than Weiman / Albrighton and Clarke they are not totally sure he has the desire to make it .

Ironically ONeil probably rated him more than KM does

Â