Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

We were playing the 4231 formation back then and he was on the right of the attacking 3. He missed a couple of good chances and gave the ball away a number of times. Lambert took him off and said he was tired.

I think it is typical of young players to go though spells when they are on top of the world and spells where nothing goes right.

Reminds me a bit of the partnership between Milosevic and Yorke. Granted Milosevic was not the goal machine Yorke was but it was due to their partnership that Yorke was as prolific for us as he was. If Weimann and Benteke continue to be magnificent finishers then this could actually be an improvement over some of our best partnerships of the last 25 years.

The last 2 matches have shown that Weimann can be a great goalscorer if he gets a sniff in the penalty area.

I genuinely think Benteke and Weimann could be dynamite for us.

Benteke the strong, powerful, good in the air one, who can finish himself and create space for the other bloke.

Weimann the fast, energetic fox in the box who could be a prolific finisher.

There's nothing much wrong with the 4 of Benteke, Weimann, Agbonlahor and Bent in my view, they just need the right service. Holman, Ireland, N'Zogbia, Bannan, and Bennett and Lowton, all have to carry that torch for us.

Each one of his goals this season have been hit first time, which is a rare talent for a stricker to have. He has made all of his goals look easy, but he proved with his cracker against Stoke last year that he has got a great shot in his locker,

Each one of his goals this season have been hit first time, which is a rare talent for a stricker to have. He has made all of his goals look easy, but he proved with his cracker against Stoke last year that he has got a great shot in his locker,

Nikola jelavic-esque you might say

My honest opinion is he needs to badly improve his all round game if he's going to cut it at this level. He's a good finisher and works hard I'll not doubt that but in possession and in terms of holding the ball up, he's woeful. Had two good chances to play Benteke in and failed miserably due to a lack of ability. Bent isn't ever going to beat his man as well but he is far stronger and careful in possession. Too many times Weimann is brushed a side like a little boy. He also doesn't score enough goals to justify it, he's never going to score so many goals that his

all round game you can let off IMO. When Bent is fit, I'd rather him slot alongside Benteke, think it would be really dangerous. Weimann as a player to come on from the bench later on in games either needing goals or extra energy levels up front.

Edited by AVFC-Prideofbrum

My honest opinion is he needs to badly improve his all round game if he's going to cut it at this level. He's a good finisher and works hard I'll not doubt that but in possession and in terms of holding the ball up, he's woeful. Had two good chances to play Benteke in and failed miserably due to a lack of ability. Bent isn't ever going to beat his man as well but he is far stronger and careful in possession. Too many times Weimann is brushed a side like a little boy. He also doesn't score enough goals to justify it, he's never going to score so many goals that his

all round game you can let off IMO. When Bent is fit, I'd rather him slot alongside Benteke, think it would be really dangerous. Weimann as a player to come on from the bench later on in games either needing goals or extra energy levels up front.

I'm sorry but you've imagined it about Bent being better in possession, the amount of times I've seen him take a touch and end up running away from goal. IMO currently Benteke and Weimann are our most natural looking strike pairing.

I'm not and I don't think he's good in possession either but I do know his hold up play is much better than Weimann at the moment and if we are to be better as a team you need to retain ball better with both strikers. That doesn't mean to say Bent offers anything with the ball but I do believe he protects it better yes.

Maybe it is or maybe that's your thought because it's the ONLY partnership we've seen for a fair period of time. Bent and Benteke as far as I'm aware have started just two games together, Southampton and Norwich, combined about 90 minutes or so I think.

not just Bent by the way, would prefer Gabby as well up there alongside Benteke.

I know I'll get stick from fair few I imagine but just think he won't prove to be good enough.

Nikola jelavic-esque you might say

Agree with this another first touch quality strike yesterday from a Benteke knock down to level it 1-1.

Andi's still raw though & needs to work on parts of his game plus he's a bit of a hot head - he was spot on over the ball not being out but he shouldn't pick up stupid bookings for kicking the ball away & arguing with the ref.

Still at least he shows some passion on the pitch & let's face it, some of the best strikers around have that hot head streak. Bent said Andi is lethal in front of goal in training they all see it every day & Lambert has concurred. We have another fox in the box also in the background coming through - Mikey Drennan

Also agree him & Benteke are developing into a real partnership up front. First one we've had for quite some time.

Edited by JulieB

Exactly the type of player that needs to play with Benteke. Hard working and willing runner. Also can get on the end of flick ons and balls through by Benteke. His decision making needs to improve but not a bad option to have. If he averages 10 to 13 goals a season then it will be very good for Villa.

Â