Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Delph is a prick for the simple fact that he was off to Citeh.. Christ knows why he stayed but the guy is still a prick.

Ermwhy? I have no doubt he spoke to City but he has committed to the club so that doesn't make him a prick
He put his career over money that is very noble in my eyes. If more people like that the game wouldn't be so filthy like it is today

When did you react? Are you on a natural react delay mechanism.

What the hell are you on about?

Get yer maginfying glass out because I haven't the energy to CAPS this, bit the word you are looking for is HINDSIGHT - shit bugger I did have the energy.

Yet again what the HELL are you talking about? See I can do it too CApS

Your justification makes little to no sense

I'm really not understanding fans thinking the media made all this up? 95% of the time this deal would be completed today and the media would be 'Bang on', what they can't control is the player having a change of heart, which seems to have been the case.

If the deal wasn't set to go through then why were reports of 'Delph to have a medical tomorrow' running for 24 hours without the club or player denying it?

Asserts the media were correct in first para.

Believes his own assumption in second para.

:)

It does link in with the club removing delph from the new kit pictures. And while I have little respect for Greg Evans i'm not sure he's going to get far by lying about people from the club confirming this news.

I wonder if the people who removed the pictures were reading the same crap the rest of us did. There's no reason to think a PR company would have special access to players on a weekend when the most of the squad are abroad. Especially a player who hasnt travelled due to a heavily pregnant partner and probably was out of contact.

I've no idea who Gregg Evans is, I assume a journalist. Of course a journalist has something to gain by making stuff up. It boosts his reputation on the occasions when he guesses right. No-one is hurt when he gets it wrong and people just remember the correct guesses. It's called confirmation bias.

There's a reason ITSOTP became a thing back in the days of the mailing list (20 odd years ago).

He writes for the birmingham mail and has a lot of access to aston villa. He seemed to be the one that got it after kendrick assumed lambert was going and then fell out the loop. I think he'd damage the access the club provide him if he started spouting lies now about a deal that hasn't even happened.

And it's not just those two. It seems the vast majority of journalists, including those at the BBC were all under the same impression.

Perhaps the beeb, other journalists and you believed this guy. Perhaps people in Portugal did tell him - maybe it was Doris the tea lady. Delph wasn't in Portugal. Evans (and others) got it wrong regardless of his contacts and the others followed him.

What I don't get is if we are always hearing about teams making bids for players why didn't we never hear about City's bid? All we ever heard was that there was an 8M clause and City were to swoop and the next thing we hear was a deal was done.

How did all the in between get done so hush hush while at the same time Delph is posing as captain with the new kit on! Makes no sense. I honestly think the media have completely messed up on this one and no bid was ever made! Let alone a deal

done pending medical!

• Like 1

That mail made it up and then radio wm and the BBC sports department spread it.

We shouldn't forget this.

Another example of just how crappy our local media are towards Villa and how poor the reporting standards at BBC sports are.

Sorry, but peoplw are kidding themselves if they think the BBC just make things up or "run with it". There was a U-Turn for some reason. Simple as.

The BBC sports department has proven themselves less reliable than the Sun consistently this past season. They have made things up several times or reported second hand without fact checking.

Why would you regard them as a credible source? Its not like the actual BBC news who employ real journalists. BBC Sports is completely amateurish.

I'm really not understanding fans thinking the media made all this up? 95% of the time this deal would be completed today and the media would be 'Bang on', what they can't control is the player having a change of heart, which seems to have been the case.

If the deal wasn't set to go through then why were reports of 'Delph to have a medical tomorrow' running for 24 hours without the club or player denying it?

It's actually worrying how some don't understand how the media works. If the deal wasn't real it also would've been mentioned in the statement as "fabricated".

Still, would be a larf if he didn't go, and came out saying "What's all this nonsense" :D

Maybe not 'nonsense' but good enough.

It's actually worrying how some don't understand how the media works. If the deal wasn't real it also would've been mentioned in the statement as "fabricated".

I wouldn't worry about it mate ;)

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-fabian-delphs-proposed-9636872?

Aston Villa: Fabian Delph's proposed move to Manchester City - what actually happened

Fabian Delph has performed an incredible U-turn to stay at Aston Villa .

The captain was 100% on the way to Manchester City this time yesterday but Villa officials say he had a complete change of heart.

Delph was due for a medical at City today after agreeing personal terms yesterday but he decided not to attend and stay at Villa.

Today he has confirmed he will be remaining at the club and leading the team into the new season.

He said: "I'm aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight.

"I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club."

He hasn't signed new terms and the £8m buyout clause that City matched remains in his contract.

The skipper did not fly out here to Portugal because his wife is expecting their second child.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Delph is a prick for the simple fact that he was off to Citeh.. Christ knows why he stayed but the guy is still a prick.

Ermwhy? I have no doubt he spoke to City but he has committed to the club so that doesn't make him a prick

He put his career over money that is very noble in my eyes. If more people like that the game wouldn't be so filthy like it is today

Get yer maginfying glass out because I haven't the energy to CAPS this, bit the word you are looking for is HINDSIGHT - shit bugger I did have the energy.

Erm, ok, I expected this? I expected Delph to stay? He is defensible? Fine, so why is he staying, he hasn't said?

What? I am confused.! Usually when organisations like the beeb report a move, it happens. Something odd is happening but I will take it. Even if he ends up staying for only 1 more season that will be a lot better.

the been were quoting WM so they're the ones with egg on their faces

Because he was with his wife who is due any day now and he denied it within 24 hours ???

Bloody hell the amount of media victims around here are amazing.

THEY MAKE THINGS UP ABOUT FOOTBALL PLAYERS.

Sorry for the caps but honestly you would think after this years media inventions about our club everyone would be less willing to give them the benefit of the doubt versus the captain of our team.

Whoever on here had £300 on Delph staying - pleased for you!

That's money in the bank after today's statement, short of Barcelona coming in for him late in the window :-D

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-fabian-delphs-proposed-9636872?

Aston Villa: Fabian Delph's proposed move to Manchester City - what actually happened

Fabian Delph has performed an incredible U-turn to stay at Aston Villa .

The captain was 100% on the way to Manchester City this time yesterday but Villa officials say he had a complete change of heart.

Delph was due for a medical at City today after agreeing personal terms yesterday but he decided not to attend and stay at Villa.

Today he has confirmed he will be remaining at the club and leading the team into the new season.

He said: "I'm aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight.

"I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club."

He hasn't signed new terms and the £8m buyout clause that City matched remains in his contract.

The skipper did not fly out here to Portugal because his wife is expecting their second child.

Probably the journalist lying again. I mean why would he want to be the main aston villa journalist for the local paper.

• Like 1

Erm, ok, I expected this? I expected Delph to stay? He is defensible? Fine, so why is he staying, he hasn't said?

You don't like Delph do you?

Because he was with his wife who is due any day now and he denied it within 24 hours ???

Bloody hell the amount of media victims around here are amazing.

THEY MAKE THINGS UP ABOUT FOOTBALL PLAYERS.

Sorry for the caps but honestly you would think after this years media inventions about our club everyone would be less willing to give them the benefit of the doubt versus the captain of our team.

This wasn't just the normal rumour you see in the papers nearly every day of the transfer window though.  I'm amazed people truly believe this was all made up.

• Like 2

Â