Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Love the amount of people on here saying delph is shit, average and we won't miss him. Every villa fan in the world would rather keep him than lose him, he's a huge loss, but let's not be bitter about it now. He's a good player, and I hope he gets games at Man city to prove all those doubters (that weren't villa fans) what he is actually capable of doing. He did us a favour in Jan, signed a contract, helped keep us up, and we get 8mill for him. Yeah it's not the best figure but he wouldn't of imagined Man city being interested and coming in for him. As much as us fans want loyalty its delphs job at the end of the day, and if you had been offered twice as much wages, to go work at a better company, with better prospects and a real chance to make a name of yourself, you wouldn't turn it down. And if you did it would be because you lack ambition! Put yourself in delphs boots!

Buy you, like many others, are confusing the real world - where the average annual salary is £26k to the premiership footballers world where £26k could be your weekly salary. The comparison doesn't stick.

The comparison does stick! You never heard the phrase the bigger the bath? They live a complete different lifestyle and 60k a week is prob not extortionate to them. If you told a man who had nothing and lived on the streets that you were on 30k a year and that wasn't enough, so you were ditching that company for a new one which would pay you £60k a year, you don't think he would class you as greedy? Not loyal? He would see that 30k you currently earn as more than enough to live comfortable and not to want more. That's the real world! There are different classes out there, and different lifestyles. Just because we can't comprehend what earning 60k a week would be like, for others its not enough!

I wonder if there is yet another twist in this saga? I can't believe that someone would risk his place in the England setup for the extra cash? If they offered me double money then of course I would take it... Would make a difference to me... When you are already a multi-millionaire, then extra money wouldn't be as big of a motivating factor... Success would be sure, but only if you played a big part in it.... Do you think that Chelsea's office cleaner celebrated winning the league like the players did??

You say this but, for me, England comes second by such a long, long way.  I imagine it might be different when actually a professional footballer, but I think having winners medals at club level would surpass having England caps.

For what it's worth, I don't think Delph has "lied" to us.  I think he envisaged staying and (speculatively) the clause may well have been a money-back offer IF a Champions League club comes knocking.  I don't think he saw a Champions League team coming in for him this early on - I think he saw himself developing at Villa then moving on.  However, turning down loads more money at Man City with the chance to win medals at the age of 25?  He can spend 3 years there and then move "back" to a club like Villa - but having won things.

I think Delph's had his head turned from a position he thought was solid for at least another season.

The bullshit really stinks Delph. Cheers mate!

Problem is without this clause he is probably worth 20 million Premier League money. Poor way to do business, like we have been held to ransome by him, as he knew we needed him till the end of last season.

Edited by foreveryoung

I'd rather be a squad player on a 120k a week for a team challenging for everything than the captain for a team that's completely pants and will probably be down the bottom again on say 50/60k a week.

I really don't understand what ppl are missing with a) his motivation or B) his belief.

Those that don't make the top are those that don't believe in themselves. I never got close and I never believed in my ability to put me in situations like trials/coaching camps where I may have developed.

At least delph, Sinclair, Rodwell etc can say that gave it a shot and earnt a shed load in the process. Ok it may not work but Itl be better than winning jack shit with us.

They really don't give a **** about villa as a club or indeed us as supporters. They couldn't care less.

I've never met anyone who has said £30k isn't enough to live on.

£30k a year is obviously enough to live on but not enough that you can buy whatever you want and still have a **** tonne left over.

£30k a week is enough to live on and not worry about anything.

Once you get to figures where you and your family and any future family members are sorted for life without worry then it's a law of diminishing returns.

I'd argue Delph was already at that point so any extra is just pure greed.

Going from a job that pays £25k to a job that pays £50k is down to ambition, I completely agree with you. Going from £3 million to £6million doesn't quite show the same desire to better yourself imo. Are you going to see any truly beneficial changes in your life that your previous salary was causing you to miss out on like going from £25k to £50k would? No, its just about having more money for the sake of it.

Edited by Ingram85

Love the amount of people on here saying delph is shit, average and we won't miss him. Every villa fan in the world would rather keep him than lose him, he's a huge loss, but let's not be bitter about it now. He's a good player, and I hope he gets games at Man city to prove all those doubters (that weren't villa fans) what he is actually capable of doing. He did us a favour in Jan, signed a contract, helped keep us up, and we get 8mill for him. Yeah it's not the best figure but he wouldn't of imagined Man city being interested and coming in for him. As much as us fans want loyalty its delphs job at the end of the day, and if you had been offered twice as much wages, to go work at a better company, with better prospects and a real chance to make a name of yourself, you wouldn't turn it down. And if you did it would be because you lack ambition! Put yourself in delphs boots!

Buy you, like many others, are confusing the real world - where the average annual salary is £26k to the premiership footballers world where £26k could be your weekly salary. The comparison doesn't stick.

The comparison does stick! You never heard the phrase the bigger the bath? They live a complete different lifestyle and 60k a week is prob not extortionate to them. If you told a man who had nothing and lived on the streets that you were on 30k a year and that wasn't enough, so you were ditching that company for a new one which would pay you £60k a year, you don't think he would class you as greedy? Not loyal? He would see that 30k you currently earn as more than enough to live comfortable and not to want more. That's the real world! There are different classes out there, and different lifestyles. Just because we can't comprehend what earning 60k a week would be like, for others its not enough!

I can remember the exact date the last time I signed 30k a year contract to work for a tramp on the street, told him and his friends and national media that he was my tramp and I was with him for the long haul...

We are a Man City feeder club, Watch them come back and buy Benteke next summer..

Arsenal were a man city feeder club for a year or two

With the way everything is currently set up in football there is very little we can do about it, it's crazy that the rules in place to try and improve football are actually resulting in these transfers

Milner, when he left us, was a far better player than Delph is now. I don't think we will miss him that much and I don't think he will get any better playing for man city.,

What he will get is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make it in a team that challenges for the title, not relegation. Good luck fab.

Next !

• Like 2

Of course the other shit thing about this is likes of Nursey in the Mirror got slated for saying he was going weeks ago and the fee he would go for and it turned out to be true....

EDIT: I'd say at the moment he would walk into the City team now Milner and Lampard have gone , how much game time he gets will depend on who else they buy

Edited by Nabby

Going from a job that pays £25k to a job that pays £50k is down to ambition, I completely agree with you. Going from £3 million to £6million doesn't quite show the same desire to better yourself imo. Are you going to see any truly beneficial changes in your life that your previous salary was causing you to miss out on like going from £25k to £50k would? No, its just about having more money for the same of it.

Of course you would. Stop thinking short term and think long term. Huge difference in your life between 3mil and 6mil when your "main career" has at most 20 year timeframe

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

Milner, when he left us, was a far better player than Delph is now. I don't think we will miss him that much and I don't think he will get any better playing for man city.,

What he will get is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make it in a team that challenges for the title, not relegation. Good luck fab.

Next !

Milner leaving started the rot. We have never been the same since Milner (Delph) and Young (Benteke) left our club. Looking forward to good times????

I've never met anyone who has said £30k isn't enough to live on.

£30k a year is obviously enough to live on but not enough that you can buy whatever you want and still have a **** tonne left over.

£30k a week is enough to live on and not worry about anything.

Once you get to figures where you and your family and any future family members are sorted for life without worry then it's a law of diminishing returns.

I'd argue Delph was already at that point so any extra is just pure greed.

Going from a job that pays £25k to a job that pays £50k is down to ambition, I completely agree with you. Going from £3 million to £6million doesn't quite show the same desire to better yourself imo. Are you going to see any truly beneficial changes in your life that your previous salary was causing you to miss out on like going from £25k to £50k would? No, its just about having more money for the same of it.

But it's not just about money, is it?

Of course you would. Stop thinking short term and think long term. Huge difference in your life between 3mil and 6mil
To your back account yes but outside of greed, what difference could it make to your life? Edited by Ingram85

Of course you would. Stop thinking short term and think long term. Huge difference in your life between 3mil and 6mil
To your back account yes but in terms of what difference it makes to your life?

It gives you more money that you won't spend...

Â