Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Weimann, Baker and Guzan would most likely have disappeared without trace without the intervention of Lambert, and now all are established Premier League players.

Guzan may have gone back to America without much trace, but Weimann and Baker?? I don't buy that, both were young players breaking into the team, both were starting to get games under McLeish. Yes Lambert has played them regularly and they are established prem players, but that doesn't mean they would have been lost without him.

Just watching the rerun again on tv now:

Westwood (Free kick)

KEA

Westwood

Delph

Bennett

Vlaar

Okore

KEA (great turn)

Benteke

KEA

Weimann

KEA

Weimann

Westwood

Delph

Benteke (chip pass)

Delph (GOAAAAALLLLLL)

Great commentary. well played

• Like 1

Just watching the rerun again on tv now:

Westwood (Free kick)

KEA

Westwood

Delph

Bennett

Vlaar

Okore

KEA (great turn)

Benteke

KEA

Weimann

KEA

Weimann

Westwood

Delph

Benteke (chip pass)

Delph (GOAAAAALLLLLL)

You're missing a Weimann in between Westwood and Delph :P. Seriously though, it's worth noting that from Weimann to Delph before the Benteke chip, it was all one touch. Amazing.

Just watched post-match interview from AVTV, he always comes across well. Probably one of the strongest candidates for captaincy in couple of years if he keeps his form up.

England is going to need a new captain in a couple of years. No Terry, Gerrard, Lampard or Cole. Apart from Hart, who I don't think should be captain, who else is there in the England set-up as a realistic choice?

Up and coming England CBs don't cut it. Ciaren Clark has chosen to play for Ireland.

Don't say Rooney, not Wilshire or Walcott or any of the forwards. Probably Michael Carrick for a bit but he might not be first choice, so I think the England captaincy will be up for grabs for Delph too.

Just watched post-match interview from AVTV, he always comes across well. Probably one of the strongest candidates for captaincy in couple of years if he keeps his form up.

England is going to need a new captain in a couple of years. No Terry, Gerrard, Lampard or Cole. Apart from Hart, who I don't think should be captain, who else is there in the England set-up as a realistic choice?

Up and coming England CBs don't cut it. Ciaren Clark has chosen to play for Ireland.

Don't say Rooney, not Wilshire or Walcott or any of the forwards. Probably Michael Carrick for a bit but he might not be first choice, so I think the England captaincy will be up for grabs for Delph too.

Bannan is scottish, so he's out of the question.

Unfortunately if Delph was chosen to play for Enlgand, I doubt he would be at Villa...

• Like 1

Gareth Barry captained England for a friendly whilst at Villa.

For about a minute at the end of the game IIRC. Believe it was against one of the Caribbean nations, probably Trinidad and Tobago. 

Why can't delph play the number 10 role with Westwood Sylla behind him

He's clearly shown in preseason and last night that he can get goals from midfield

Then again it was against pretty shit opposition

Very well taken goal, happy for him. Would be great if he could get a goal in the league as well now. But why are people getting so worked up over a goal vs Rotterham? It's not like it's the winner in the cup final or something, clearly I'm missing something here...

Very well taken goal, happy for him. Would be great if he could get a goal in the league as well now. But why are people getting so worked up over a goal vs Rotterham? It's not like it's the winner in the cup final or something, clearly I'm missing something here...

Because it was so well done by the (almost) whole team.

Â