Most dis-liked teams in prem?

maloneyt

most hated team in prem? (bar bloose)  

134 members have voted

1. 1. most hated team in prem? (bar bloose)

• other
    • man city
    • everton
    • liverpool
    • man u

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Yeah, but Man City’s takeover was the catalyst and then they benefitted the most from it…

Had any other club done what they did to us and leech us into near oblivion using an endless pot of gold, I would have hated them instead…

but it was those parasitic vermin in Manchester 

We were making bad decisions before their take over. 

Lerner and MON had us hemorrhaging money and signing dross on crazy fees/wages before their takeover.

Add in his divorce and MONs tantrum and that's why we crashed as the money ran out.

Cities rise is a convenient excuse for our fall.

I'm not defending them though, they're a horrible club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Wolves. Really thought that they are our rivals. Plus their mascot at the time used our entrance/foyer area to get changed before a fa cup semi final.

What a strange thing to be annoyed about. 

25 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What a strange thing to be annoyed about. 

Yeah.....perhaps I didn't go in to enough detail. It was a cup semi vs arsenal I think and this yam yam moron was shown through our door by a bbc lackey who told him that "this area will have to do, so get changed here and get on the pitch for the pics".

Not annoying in itself but it was his arrogant attitude that first raised my hackles....acting as if he was a celebrity....then he clocked my villa blazer and started saying how we "am jammy" and how wolves had made villa park full for the first time that season....he really was disrespectful but I made mental allowances for him....he came across as the sort who read the sun newspaper with his lips moving to the text.....the missing link if you please. 

Probably not fair to judge an entire fanbase on one person but he did nothing to change my original opinion of the dogheads. 

• Like 1

On 04/01/2024 at 23:28, DJ_Villain said:

Man City…

No other team has benefitted from our downfall from European football to the Championship than they have…

Their cheating, financial doping, stealing our captains every few years (only when they broke into the England squad though)…

They are arguably the team that is at most to blame for the worst period in our clubs history over the last 30 years…

Delusional 

Of the premier league teams I dislike the most at present (in no particular order!):

Man City - cheating (allegedly).

Tottenham - annoying fans (delusional) / annoying songs.

Wolves - mind the gap.

Arsenal - generally not minded them but Arteta is hard to like.

Man U - glory hunting fans etc.

58 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's Pep's fault we spent 5 odd years under Lambert and Mcleish continually signing some of the shittest footballers imaginable.

Pretty sure McLeish did a training ground visit to Pep’s side to learn all about signing the best players too.

When he got sacked, he was caught screaming “**** YOU GUARDIOLA, **** YOOOOUUUUU!”

41 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Pretty sure McLeish did a training ground visit to Pep’s side to learn all about signing the best players too.

When he got sacked, he was caught screaming “**** YOU GUARDIOLA, **** YOOOOUUUUU!”

Remember when Lambert went to Dortmund to see how a proper team/manager operate? Absolutely embarrassing 

37 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Remember when Lambert went to Dortmund to see how a proper team/manager operate? Absolutely embarrassing 

Did he meet with a restaurant manager or something

15 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It's Pep's fault we spent 5 odd years under Lambert and Mcleish continually signing some of the shittest footballers imaginable.

Maybe it is an age thing but longer term fans can definitely see the link between the emergence of Chelsea and Man City and our decline,  notwithstanding self inflicted wounds we made. They both knocked us down a few perches and made it more difficult for us to compete financially. 

It doesn't have to be an either or you know.

35 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Maybe it is an age thing but longer term fans can definitely see the link between the emergence of Chelsea and Man City and our decline,  notwithstanding self inflicted wounds we made. They both knocked us down a few perches and made it more difficult for us to compete financially. 

It doesn't have to be an either or you know.

Chelsea had already stormed past us when Abramovich came in and had been winning European and domestic trophies regularly

City had nothing to do with our slump, was just coincidental timing

I wouldn't necessarily say coincidental. 

The biggest blame lies with MON for underachieving with a relative fortune at the time. Not geting top 4 completely ruined us. The emergence of City also meant that top 4 felt more of a closed shop, and then they signed our best players.

But I dislike City more for their success being built on cheating rather than anything else. Always have time to hate on Spurs, Newcastle and to an extent Leeds. 3 clubs who have almost always been irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but think they're Real Madrid.

• Like 1

I know it's one of those things where everybody has an opinion, but how anyone can vote for anyone other than plop is beyond me. 

Man City is artificial - they are a coventry that won the euro millions. You won't meet their fans, you won't see their team struggle, it's just a made up club. How can you dislike something that is so "fake" it bears no resemblance on a real club?

Also, let them win another 10 PLs and CLs. It means nothing - they cheated, so no one takes it seriously. 

Liverpool on the other hand are bad from top to bottom. From arrogant manager to players that speak of equality and go to play in Saudi. From victimised fans to referees always being "against them". From easy CL draws (they always get Porto) to spending crazy money yet never being compared to the big spenders.

And I never heard anything as depressing as you'll never walk alone. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I know it's one of those things where everybody has an opinion, but how anyone can vote for anyone other than plop is beyond me. 

Man City is artificial - they are a coventry that won the euro millions. You won't meet their fans, you won't see their team struggle, it's just a made up club. How can you dislike something that is so "fake" it bears no resemblance on a real club?

Also, let them win another 10 PLs and CLs. It means nothing - they cheated, so no one takes it seriously. 

Liverpool on the other hand are bad from top to bottom. From arrogant manager to players that speak of equality and go to play in Saudi. From victimised fans to referees always being "against them". From easy CL draws (they always get Porto) to spending crazy money yet never being compared to the big spenders.

And I never heard anything as depressing as you'll never walk alone. 

Generational thing at a guess

The reason I hate man utd so much is because of the plastics at school, the age groups above me would have the same thing with Liverpool fans 

There was only 2 or 3 Liverpool fans at my school and they were alright, utd fans were like rats and utter words removed 

Id say now in adulthood the utd fans are still gobby words removed whereas Liverpool are cultish and weird 

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Generational thing at a guess

The reason I hate man utd so much is because of the plastics at school, the age groups above me would have the same thing with Liverpool fans 

There was only 2 or 3 Liverpool fans at my school and they were alright, utd fans were like rats and utter words removed 

Id say now in adulthood the utd fans are still gobby words removed whereas Liverpool are cultish and weird 

Give me gobby over cultish any day! 

Owners: Saudi, no explanation needed

Fans: Liverpool, absolute weapons the lot of em'. They are the Barcelona of the PL when it comes to fans.

Club: Arsenal, Liverpool and Man U. Disliked them since I was a kid in the 80's. They're also the ones with most fans in Sweden so when they do well you get to hear about it.

Players: Not sure these days which club has the worst players. Feels like they are spread pretty evenly.

Manager: Arteta & Klopp are repugnant, just awful human beings. Pep not far behind.

All in all it's maybe Liverpool or Arsenal. Don't really care about Man C. Never met an adult who supports them and everything they do is due to cheating so I don't count it as real titles. If they win it's forgotten withing a day, Liverpool win and you never hear the end of it.

I've had two ManUre fans as mates over the years. Both my generation, Manchester born and bred, followed them through thick and thin. They despised the gloryhunting plastics as much as the rest of us. Same with my (red and blue) scouse mates. It definitely takes the edge off the hatred if you know some decent fans. (Although in my case, it still doesn't work for Leeds). 

Â