Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

I will also say he wasn't managed very well, he needed to be out on loan when he was 17/18 instead of sitting on our bench playing the last 10 minutes every now and then

Disappointed that he isn't playing. Why on earth aren't we playing the next Drogba?

:) it's beyond me, give him a chance in his natural position and the football club will benefit

Agreed.

Future England legend completely wasted.

He was the best young striker in the country a few years ago

I will also say he wasn't managed very well, he needed to be out on loan when he was 17/18 instead of sitting on our bench playing the last 10 minutes every now and then

Agree with this

Disappointed that he isn't playing. Why on earth aren't we playing the next Drogba?

:) it's beyond me, give him a chance in his natural position and the football club will benefit

Agreed.

Whoa whoa whoa, don't be saying crazy things. It was clearly Ethan Moore.

Agreed.

Agree with this

Never shown anythign remotely close enough to really competing for a starting XI spot. Don't care what he showed when he was younger and in the youth/reserves, cause he ain't there now!!

Move him on i'm afraid.

I think he lacks the right attitude. Too many players think they've made it when in fact they've just had a small taste of the big time.

Well it looks like he'll be another one of the many top youth players who have nver made it for one reason or another.

Championship at best on his current form. Still, he'll still earn more than I do in his lifetime but perhaps he is where he is now because (and this is all supposition on my part - no ITK) he's maybe more concerned about that than actually winning anything.

For me he's a player that had heaps of potentially but didn't have the attitude to compliment his ability. Can't help buy feel he got on a pretty decent wage and then thought he'd already made it and stopped putting in the work whereas he should of been using that as a stepping stone. Doubt we'll see him in the Premier League much in the future when he's released or sold.

out of interest, have any of the people who say that delfouneso's attitude is what lets him down actually met him?

have spent time with him in HK when he was out here for the soccer sevens, and I never ever got a hint that his attitude was bad. I did get the impression that he was shy and that he was just happy to sit in the back and get on with things until game time, which was fine in my own humble opinion...

not saying he's good enough for the villa, but am just curious as to why all these posters are sure that its his attitude that has let him down...

I hope to see him in the squad now that he is back.

Unless PL actually believes Bowery is a better player.

Bowery would run through walls for the team.

More like spin on wheelchairs for the team, amirite

• Like 1

Straight swap for Ince I say haha.

I think we could of got a deal there to be honest, think they letting him go for 4m so could of offer 3+ the fonz or even 3.5.

Don't think Lambert's going to play him again so best to sell him now before his contract ends.

• 2 weeks later...

Get him fit and in the team and the football club will benefit, the most naturally gifted centre forward I've ever seen, he was brilliant, I love him

We all love to see our home grown players do well and a lot of us had high hopes for the Fonz but when he is given the chance he never seems to take it.

With the signing of Holt I doubt if he will get any further chances to show he is capable, shame but he needs to move on.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a friend who's a cov fan, he's told me today that cov have made contact with villa about bringing Delfouneso on loan till the end of the season with the option to buy, but it's unlikely to go ahead because they are in league 1, whether that's because Lambert wants Delfouneso playing in a better league or Fonz is refusing to go to a league 1 team, I don't know. But apparently the financial side is all sorted

Â